Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher Error: Your Computer Does Not Have Enough Free Memory (2Gb Required)

nekoviolin

Darn, a RAM check is rather stupid anyway.

Get rid of it DE, no machine has only 2 GB anymore in the age of 16+ machines :-)

PS: You could leave it for the toasters, like XBone and PS4, just to be sure.

Edited by MaxiTB

guys i maybe found somethings for this bug, when you download the game you can choose the standalone choose the first file you will have to download 2 gb without the launcher bug

i m trying it , its maybe a good way to play

If it dont work im sorry i can't help you :D

if it work enjoy your play !

Edited by tom-meat-boy

So I've found that I can only play Warframe if I download it every singe time I start a new game. 

I have to completely delete WarFrame from my computer to redownload it again to play. If I attempt to close and reopen during the download process or open the launcher a second time after I quit the game, the launcher won't start.

(Don't know if you understand this)

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that only a specific set systems are affected by this. I am running this on a system 16GB so I've never been affected.

As a side note I have an EXE flag imposed on the launcher that helped me get past another error I received where the Launcher window would appear blank with a RETRY button in place of the PLAY button. The exe flag tells the system to delete launcher.exe and rename the launcher.exe.tmp to launcher.exe. For some reason the game will not perform this function for me with every new update.

I am running this through Wineskin on Mac OS X so the pathway may vary on native Windows. But the pathway must be exactly where the launcher.exe and launcher.exe.tmp are located.

I believe by right clicking on launcher.exe and choosing properties there will be a location that you can add an exe flag to run at launch. You could also try deleting launcher.exe and manually renaming the .tmp file. 

the attached flag is as follows:

cd /users/Local\ Settings/Application\ Data/Warframe/Downloaded/Public/Tools; if [ -e "Launcher.exe.tmp" ]; then mv Launcher.exe.tmp launcher.exe; fi

A user at the porting team forums found a solution for the 2GB memory issue. 

Windows users can use this free application to clean the memory allocation to free up RAM for Warframe to run:

http://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-memory-optimizer.html

Mac users can use this free app to do the same:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/memory-clean-monitor-free/id451444120?mt=12

Good luck!

No luck on that.... the memory clearing programs didnt work iether..

I am not sure which memory its referring to (RAM, VRAM or disk space)

Either way I have 280GB hard disk space, 16GB RAM (only 2-4GB in use in the background), 2GB video ram

Running a Macbook Pro