Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Change Alerts To Tenno Research

rhoenix

Active projects hmm, nice.

I'm worried about players will prioritized their own projects on hand, leaving the clan projects little contribution from the generous players.

How about separating up the active projects into slots? Players would perhaps have 2 or 3 personal active projects slots such as their warframe blueprints etc. and another separate slot exclusively for clan active projects. In that sense everyone in the clan can contribute freely to the clan projects and on the same time work on their own personal projects.

An excellent idea, and that's also easily done - the developers already alluded to a Research Center for Clans, so if this is used just for clan research projects, then that effectively divides up clan and personal research projects without being overt about it.

Edited by rhoenix

An excellent idea, and that's also easily done - the developers already alluded to a Research Center for Clans, so if this is used just for clan research projects, then that effectively divides up clan and personal research projects without being overt about it.

Nicee, but I think we're thinking too much into it, the rest is up to the team now. Hopefully the devs read this, develop it into a better system or an idea!

I know Rebecca frequents the forums, perhaps if you're reading this, could you bring this up to the team? :D

Nicee, but I think we're thinking too much into it, the rest is up to the team now. Hopefully the devs read this, develop it into a better system or an idea!

I know Rebecca frequents the forums, perhaps if you're reading this, could you bring this up to the team? :D

True enough. I'm also glad to see plenty of others who also like this idea, and have contributed their own suggestions as well.

True enough. I'm also glad to see plenty of others who also like this idea, and have contributed their own suggestions as well.

Don't panic; I forwarded this to Rebecca hours ago!

It tis a very thought-out idea, that's for sure. Quite a lot of the complaints we hear about alerts is 'I WAS DOING XYZ SO I WASN'T ABLE TO SHOW UP TO THE ALERT!'. This would easily mitigate it and allow people to not only get what they want but also limit how fast they can get it on their own time.

Sure, we'd not be seeing the '5 Catylists in 2 days' situations like before, and personally I'd say keep artifacts as Alert-only reward occasionally, but this would be a good system for filtering in the single blades/single daggers as well as special gear and Vauban without it feeling exceedingly cheap.

My only question though: How/would a player be limited to what they could craft via this research system, and what happens when you are done with the research? Do the points just get wasted?

My only question though: How/would a player be limited to what they could craft via this research system, and what happens when you are done with the research? Do the points just get wasted?

My best thought for limits as to what you can craft is to restrict it by player ranking. As you'd get to a new rank, you'd be able to access more and more research projects - and it would give people more of a reason to rank up.

As for when you're done with the research for a particular item, if the mission reward for research points would be more than what's required for the active project, I don't see it as unreasonable to leave the remainder as "free research points" to be dropped into another project (including inactive ones), or sent to another clan-member.

Edited by rhoenix

My best thought for limits as to what you can craft is to restrict it by player ranking. As you'd get to a new rank, you'd be able to access more and more research projects - and it would give people more of a reason to rank up.

As for when you're done with the research for a particular item, if the mission reward for research points would be more than what's required for the active project, I don't see it as unreasonable to leave the remainder as "free research points" to be dropped into another project (including inactive ones), or sent to another clan-member.

Sounds good :3 I was actually kinda picturing that would be the response for extra research, and could also be seen as a way to reward those that do alerts to finish stuff up. And the rankup idea for restrictions on alert goodies is GLORIOUS.

But this brings up another question, what about the existing rewards for the current alert system?

Artifacts like Energy Siphon, Enemy radar, Dark sword blueprint, Dagger axe blueprint etc.

And most importantly, Catalysts and Reactors.

As much as I want to disregard the whole alert system, it seems to be irreplaceable until there's a wondrous idea fitting on every end.

Perhaps artifacts, reactors and catalysts, weapon skins will remain in the existing alert rewards?

GratuitousLurking, on 20 May 2013 - 04:20 AM, said:

Sounds good :3 I was actually kinda picturing that would be the response for extra research, and could also be seen as a way to reward those that do alerts to finish stuff up. And the rankup idea for restrictions on alert goodies is GLORIOUS.

Thanks - it would probably mean that you'd have to wait until rank 5+ to get your grubby paws on something like a plasma sword, but a Vauban blueprint or weapon skin would be available comparatively earlier.

It would also be an interesting way of introducing new items - have it be visible only to those rank 8+, and each 24 hours that pass would reduce the rank required to see it by 1, until it finally settles on it's proper rank.

But this brings up another question, what about the existing rewards for the current alert system?

Artifacts like Energy Siphon, Enemy radar, Dark sword blueprint, Dagger axe blueprint etc.

As much as I want to disregard the whole alert system, it seems to be irreplaceable until there's a wondrous idea fitting on every end.

Perhaps artifacts, reactors and catalysts, weapon skins will remain in the existing alert rewards?

Excellent comment, and I guess those should be kept rare enough to keep the game from flooded with catylists and reactors. Though leaving weapon skins in that may be a bit much, considering some of them are stat muddling, and it's a good chance skins will become a lot more common than weapons themselves in future.

Meek., on 20 May 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

I would also like to see them able to researched, given a sufficiently high player ranking - that makes the most sense to me as far as the more rare items, such as Orokin reactors/catalysts.

Edited by rhoenix

I would also like to see them able to researched, given a sufficiently high player ranking - that makes the most sense to me as far as the more rare items, such as Orokin reactors/catalysts.

As much as I like the idea but DE still has to make money.

High ranking players are part of the contributing pool to DE's funds. If catalysts and reactors could be easier to obtain, DE will lose money.

This is nerve wreaking :|

As much as I like the idea but DE still has to make money.

High ranking players are part of the contributing pool to DE's funds. If catalysts and reactors could be easier to obtain, DE will lose money.

This is nerve wreaking :|

Well, an easy way to limit that is to require +1 player rank for each Orokin reactor or catalyst you research. For instance, if it's first available for research at player rank 5, a player could make 1 reactor and 1 catalyst. Once the player reached rank 6, they could make one more of each.

Moreover, DE can also release a Research Booster in the market, to give a player the x2 boost for each item made (again, only 1 per 24 hours max).

No thanks i rather see more alerts reward instead of credits only.

Also if they do implent this system then i would like to see rare weapon Bps in it and upcoming Warframe Bps. If we cant get them in the upcoming boss missions or normal missions like Vauban Bp.

Orokin catalyst and reactor should just stay in alerts.

Edited by Regicidaal

Well, an easy way to limit that is to require +1 player rank for each Orokin reactor or catalyst you research. For instance, if it's first available for research at player rank 5, a player could make 1 reactor and 1 catalyst. Once the player reached rank 6, they could make one more of each.

Moreover, DE can also release a Research Booster in the market, to give a player the x2 boost for each item made (again, only 1 per 24 hours max).

I see.. so it'll serve as an incentive for ranking up as well.

Perhaps active project slots for plats as well, so that you can take on more projects at a once.

No thanks i rather see more alerts reward instead of credits only.

Also if they do implent this system then i would like to see rare weapon Bps in it and upcoming Warframe Bps. If we cant get them in the upcoming boss missions or normal missions like Vauban Bp.

Orokin catalyst and reactor should just stay in alerts.

That's the plan. Vauban and rare upcoming blueprints could be used in the system.

Don't be too quick to dismiss catalysts and reactors, they're attractive enough to use as a long term goal for players to work towards to.

Edited by Meek.

I endorse this, like I endorse anything that successfully moves the alert system away from being a terrible system (not because random is bad, but because perceived loss is bad and the alert system is crazy high in perceived loss). I assume research would vary like credits with higher level planets getting more (generally) than lower ones, or was this not intended?

Its not a bad idea it might be kinda bad  for casual players if some things cost to much points.

It would have to cost WAY too many points for this system to be worse for casuals. This allows forward progress rather than random chance.

Edited by Kyrkitao

I'm liking this idea more and more. Nice thinking. :)