The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Pistol?

TheRealTuna

Hey all,

Just wondering what pistol you guys find to be the best/most useful. I like using Aklatos in combination with Snipetron on Loki, and Lex in combination with Boar on Rhino. I definitely like Sicarus as well, but it feels like the clip size of it is way too low. What pistols do you guys use?

I've been using bolto myself a lot, it's always enjoyable to nail enemies to walls. Especially with what it seemingly ignoring or bypassing armor, and with some increased firerate and damage the thing's a beast. Only downside is the slow rounds, but those aren't that problematic as long as you're able to lead your targets.

I really liked the Sicarus before switching to the Bolto. Both very solid guns; Sic barfs ammo and does tremendous amounts of damage, Bolto is ammo efficient and ignores armor. Neither I would use at long range, but they're very comfortable in mid and short.

I really liked the Sicarus before switching to the Bolto. Both very solid guns; Sic barfs ammo and does tremendous amounts of damage, Bolto is ammo efficient and ignores armor. Neither I would use at long range, but they're very comfortable in mid and short.

Ha, that's pretty funny, I used to run with the Sicarus as well before switching to bolto.

Bolto, still got to find some serious mods, but is surely a reliable gun.

Now apart from the fun factor (nailing enemies to walls is awesome :D) it has a balanced firerate/damage factor and as other said, it ignores armor, so no need of armor piercing mods.

I use the Aklato and they're awesome. The damage and the speed is really great, and they just look very fancy. Feels extremely good to electrocute enemies and shoot what's left with a pistol in each hand!

The Aklato make me feel like Boba Fett! :D But I don't expect them to stay as is, the accuracy needs to be nerfed. It makes no sense that wielding dual guns is more accurate than a single one which you can steady with your free hand. I can steadily headshot enemies across the room from me with the AKLATO while the LATO misses more often than not.

The Aklato make me feel like Boba Fett! :D But I don't expect them to stay as is, the accuracy needs to be nerfed. It makes no sense that wielding dual guns is more accurate than a single one which you can steady with your free hand. I can steadily headshot enemies across the room from me with the AKLATO while the LATO misses more often than not.

LATO probably has a bugged accuracy. Tooltip states an accuracy of 100, and it's described as being "highly accurate", but in practice it has a huge spread.

I know thst this is an extreme minority opinion, but I simply find that The Afuris are the best pistols - granted, they eat ammo, but as long as you stay vigilant on ammo drops - your fine. My primry weapon is the mid to long range Latron, and I think that The Afuris are the best secondary for this as The afuris are great for low-armoured targets - The infected - and the Latron Owns Grineer - For me, this is the only loadout to choose. Yes, I have tried other weapons - but you just dont feel the same weight or sheer fun behind the damadge you do. If youare going to stick to a fairly balanced loadout for all missions -THIS IS IT. Well, thats my opinion, anyways :P

Bennyworld

I use the Lex. Tried the Lato upon creating my character of course. Honestly, the sheer damage this Lex can pump out is incredible. I have mediocre mods for it (With the exception of my 21% armor piercing mod and my 26% damage mod.) And quite frankly I feel I pop things like balloons since I usually don't have much of a problem nailing things in the face. Glad I went with my gut and got it. Granted, I wasn't much of a fan at first because of how slow the firing rate was, but that was an easy fix.

I should probably mention as well that my Lex is super-charged and at level 30, and that is probably a large factor in it's usefullness much like with other weapons.

Lex all the way. It si the first weapon I got and it is the first weapon I got to level 30. The damage is absolutely insane and ammo is not an issue. I find I use it 90% of the time and combined in melee. First I pop some distant targets/biggest threats then I just need to soften enemies with one shot (doesn't even need to hit head) for my charge attack to pop them. Very satysfying indeed. Only downside is that my snipetron sits at level 10 and machinegun at level 13 since I just don't use them :P

The Snipetron17 and the Lex18 for the Grinners... At first I found no use ni a sniper rifle but combined with Lok15i's invisibility with 1 mod increasing power duration and once I've added clip size, reload time and armor piercing mods, these degenerate soldiers fall like at Stalingrad. :P

For the infected and the Corpus I mostly use Excalibur with 2 sprint mods and some armor and melee, the Skana Prime level 23, the Braton30 and the Afuris15, depending of the distance of the "threat", on which I use electrical and fire mods combined with increased critical damage and rate of fire. It's a berserk. :)

I know it was about pistols, but I think the choice also depend on the type of enemy and the approach you choose, then also on your other weapons...

Edited by kebra