The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot

Foxbyte

Right now the Multishot modifier on weapons feels a bit too powerful. 25% damage is a level 29 or 30 effect, while getting that much damage even with a level 1 mod is possible. Perhaps multishot should actually spend the extra bullets you fire to give a bit of balance between overwhelming power and ammo efficiency?

Your kidding right?

A 25% multishot mod is equivilent to a 25% damage mod, a 25% total ammo mod and a 25% extra clip capacity mod all rolled into one, and being able to stack them to the point of getting 4 free bullets for every shot you fire is pretty much game breaking.

I can see them being made exclusive to shotguns and close range bullet spam weapons like the Furis, but otherwise the multishot mods in general need a rethink.

lol its not overwhelming at all with the nerfs from hek and gorgan they need multishot to even be powerfull now so if they nerfed multishot that would be stupid.

They do not need multishot to be powerful. They just need it to be completely broken. I still reliably two-shot things with my 15 HEK and my 30 Gorgon tears things up even with no multishot.

DE Steve commented somewhere for Multishot Modders to effectivly "Brace" themselves...

Just saying...

I hope it's along the lines of extra bullet usage, or maybe toning it down a bit. My Sicarus is over 100% multishot, that's ridiculous!

I found a +51 multishot. That means that there is a 51% chance for me to multi-shot with my weapon of choice, now being Snipetron. Useful against heavys!(For level one, of course.)

Edited by Labcat

Multishot is like super cheap crit. If you have 50 multshot, it's the same as 50% crit rate at 200% crit damage. To even get there you'd need to spend all your mods with +crit and a crit damage or 2 just to do what the 1 level 15 mod did. Now if you have more than 1 multishot... you just won the internet. Regardless of if it would consume ammo or not, the damage it outputs for how cheap it is just destroys all other mods. They would need to decrease it to where 30 blues where like ~15 for other mods to even be considered as an option. I love mutishot and all but even if it is rare, if I've played enough I will fill all my mods with them eventually and just faceroll farm stuff.

I've only ever found two: 73% and 68%. Between the two, the damage dealt by my Burston really is kinda absurd. That said, given the difficulty of later parts of the game, this is kinda necessary. If I found another that was, say, 80% or so, I'd be facerolling everything. Multishot is multiplicative.

Crit is just two difficult to achieve because you have to stack both crit chance and crit damage mods to actually do anything (they're also multiplicative), by which time you could have stacked pure MS and, well.. heheh...

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Guest DarkAuthority

lol its not overwhelming at all with the nerfs from hek and gorgan they need multishot to even be powerfull now so if they nerfed multishot that would be stupid.

^ this. Plus, multishot mods are very hard to come by, at least in my experience.

After several hours (if not more ) of leveling up a Gorgon or HEK, when you finally get a multishot mod (usually at 60-70%), it just feels right like a proper reward.

Is the OP having problems with other people using multishot mods to perform higher than him/her? Sadly enough, there is a lot of people complaining in this forum about weapon or warframe features being too powerful just because other people use them efficiently enough, and not because they themselves consider them too easy to use.

Stop being jealous people. Keep on playing, leveling up and finding rare items.

Edited by DarkAuthority

^ this. Plus, multishot mods are very hard to come by, at least in my experience.

After several hours (if not more ) of leveling up a Gorgon or HEK, when you finally get a multishot mod (usually at 60-70%), it just feels right like a proper reward.

Is the OP having problems with other people using multishot mods to perform higher than him/her? Sadly enough, there is a lot of people complaining in this forum about weapon or warframe features being too powerful just because other people use them efficiently enough, and not because they themselves consider them too easy to use.

Stop being jealous people. Keep on playing, leveling up and finding rare items.

I'm not jealous, I just think mods this powerful should have some sort of drawback to them. Like extra ammo usage. Right now without level scaling, everyone facerolls everything regardless of multishot anyway so why would I be 'jealous'?