Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Tabs. Hnnngggg. Lets Optimize

PookieNumnums

Ok.

Some of us have a lot of tabs. Squad, Clan, Alliance, Design Council, Region, Recruiting, Trade, Whisper 1, Whisper 2.

that can get quite problematic when im recruiting or socializing. Either im on the far left and dont see the PM from my buddies, or im on the far right and dont see someone in clan or alliance chat asking for help or saying goodnight.

We need a whisper tab to cover all private messages. If someone sends me a PM it should show up in the whisper tab. I can respond to that person in their whisper tab with the basic whisper command /w playername. 

We should still be able to open a tab for that persons specific conversation by clicking their name in the chat and selecting open tab. This would prevent the need to close a bunch of tabs every time i host a pug, and for the most part keep the clan and alliance chats within view.

Another interesting thing is when in squad, in a mission, a whisper shows up in tabs as pink text. however, when in the liset in squad or not, the whispers do not show up. Having whispers show up in pink in all tabs (maybe as a toggle like large chat text) would be very helpful. Then i wouldnt miss the social pm after ten recruiting messages because im responding to a newbie in clan chat. 

at least pink text in all tabs directed at you specifically would be nice. pink text coming from region trading and recruiting would be aweful

you have it backwards. pink text would show up in all tabs. meaning if youre in the liset, in your clan chat and you get a pm, it will show up in pink in your clan chat tab. just like how when in a mission, a whisper shows up in squad chat in pink text.

It would be too chaotic in my option keeping multiple conversations in one tab and following up since you also have to type a command and their name every time you have to respond to a person , the current one works fine.

i think you miss the point. its for quick conversation not for following them. if the persons conversation is important enough to follow then you can click their name and open a tab. if its a quick yes or no, see you later, invite me, w/e... it can show up in the whisper chat. 

the chat does work fine but it has issues, such as 'i cant see whats going on in clan or alliance because of the whispers and recruiting messages'. or having to close twenty tabs every time i come back from hosting a void mission. basically there is too much clutter as is and this would reduce it.

It would be too chaotic in my option keeping multiple conversations in one tab and following up since you also have to type a command and their name every time you have to respond to a person , the current one works fine.

I have no issue doing this and would love having the ability to condense Clan/Alliance/DC/Whisper/Squad into one or two tabs.