The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ermm.. So De When Will You Fix The Melee Range Bug?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

+1

With maxed primed reach on some of my long range melees such as Orthos prime

1) Can't hit enemies that are slightly below eye level on stair cases

2) Can't hit infested crawlers that are on the ground

3) Can't hit drones that are airborne

Quite frustrating when one wants to go full melee mode but have to whip out a gun or pistol to shoot these enemies that are pretty obvious within melee range but invulnerable to melee attacks because of faulty melee ranges. Would deeply appreciate it if DE would fix that. Thanks DE we love you!

Or maybe shoot it by Steve/Rebecca on Twitter or via PM.

Eh, she's the Community Manager so I'd imagine she gets lots of PMs from people, and we don't want this to get lost in the shuffle. Posting it on patch notes adds to visibility, which is what you want, and would potentially get the Devs' attention.

Edited by UnderFiend

Eh, she's the Community Manager so I'd imagine she gets lots of PMs from people, and we don't want this to get lost in the shuffle. Posting it on patch notes adds to visibility, which is what you want, and would potentially get the Devs' attention.

Yeah she does but she also replies to them and could mean a quicker response.

Yeah I've felt the same thing. I bet they simply made the hit boxes more realistic rather than having a "bubble of death" when you swing your melee weapon.

Source: Jat Kittag

If this is the case, I would ask for one of two things:

1) return to the "bubble of death" thing

2) change the stances so that this doesn't become a problem

I sent her a PM.

she respond?

Yeah I've felt the same thing. I bet they simply made the hit boxes more realistic rather than having a "bubble of death" when you swing your melee weapon.

Source: Jat Kittag

If this is the case, I would ask for one of two things:

1) return to the "bubble of death" thing

2) change the stances so that this doesn't become a problem

and its a bug not a fix..

Nothing is more frustrating than getting face glued to a mob in archwing, and despite spamming your melee key being unable to score a single hit at point blank range.

Then there's also the inability of melee weapons to strike above or even targets at your very feet.

There needs to be a generally wide hitbox for melee that hits everything in the general direction you're aiming.  That's the point of melee.  I shouldn't have to plan which move of a combo hits where like some sort of over-sophisticated point blank sniping.

Edited by Fenwyn

I've always taken into consideration where my moves were going to land their arcs in order to hit targets so I haven't noticed too much of a difference...with one major exception:

You do almost zero damage to any bubbles whatsoever.  Globes, Nullification Fields, Nyx, etc...

Whatever they changed to keep you from 'always hitting' things that were right next to you both lowered overall melee range and killed targeting things in the world that aren't enemies.

This change should have been mentioned, number one, and it also needs to be acknowledged that melee's range/targeting is having issues.