Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling...

Kokiri

Okay I've been playing for atleast four hours and I'm barely above level 1. Is leveling up really this slow in this game or am I missing something during these missions. Or perhaps does anyone have any good tips for good XP?

I think melee XP is going to get buffed sometime, and defense missions require the least movement to get to mobs, especially infested defense maps.

I tried that earlier for giggles. It went fine until the last wave, when 3 toxic ancients all rushed the pod. There was nothing I could do in my new-ish rhino suit. Game over man, game over.

Yeah seeing as level 2 is required for the more powerful weapons, I'm guessing they don't want you to get there very quickly. I'm sure it'll loosen up as they keep adding new equipment though since some of those will probably have higher level requirements.

Game over man, game over.

I GET THIS REFERENCE!!

Yeah seeing as level 2 is required for the more powerful weapons, I'm guessing they don't want you to get there very quickly. I'm sure it'll loosen up as they keep adding new equipment though since some of those will probably have higher level requirements.

I GET THIS REFERENCE!!

We colonial marines nao

Is that you Kokiri? :O

Anyway, I wish there was more definitive totals for what you gain after levels, and I definitely have no found rhyme nor reason to the overall level (to level 2, Silver Initiate). I ran with someone the other day and noted all the ups and downs of experience gain towards total level and seemed we at least gained more on assassination and alerts, but sometimes got absolutely no experience at all. Amounts were ranging from 100-400 when gained, however. It really does take way way too long, as I only just hit level 2 myself after quite a number of hours. At this current rate, I wouldn't hit level 5 until next year!

Anyway, I wish there was more definitive totals for what you gain after levels, and I definitely have no found rhyme nor reason to the overall level (to level 2, Silver Initiate).

This is called mastery, and is increased by 100 every time you level up your weapons or warframe.

Is that you Kokiri? :O

Anyway, I wish there was more definitive totals for what you gain after levels, and I definitely have no found rhyme nor reason to the overall level (to level 2, Silver Initiate). I ran with someone the other day and noted all the ups and downs of experience gain towards total level and seemed we at least gained more on assassination and alerts, but sometimes got absolutely no experience at all. Amounts were ranging from 100-400 when gained, however. It really does take way way too long, as I only just hit level 2 myself after quite a number of hours. At this current rate, I wouldn't hit level 5 until next year!

Yes? Maybe? :3 Did I play with you yesterday or perhaps another game, or forum?

And thanks for the good response. I'll just keep at it then. I'll hit it eventually >_<

This is called mastery, and is increased by 100 every time you level up your weapons or warframe.

To elaborate; Your account/character 'level' has little to no bearing on what you can do or how you perform beyond unlocking additional content like alternate weapons, what matters right now is the rank of your weapons and warframes. Pay no attention to account/character level and focus on your gear ranks.

Edited by Arcalane

It does sort of matter since there are a number of weapons you can't unlock without being level 2. There currently isn't a whole scheme of weapons that require various mastery levels yet, but restricting a different tier of weapons based upon that rank means we need to achieve at least Silver Initiate for considerably more options.

See, I would have never known that. So basically I could pick up a new Lato or something and plow through the low levels of it to gain faster?

It does sort of matter since there are a number of weapons you can't unlock without being level 2. There currently isn't a whole scheme of weapons that require various mastery levels yet, but restricting a different tier of weapons based upon that rank means we need to achieve at least Silver Initiate for considerably more options.

See, I would have never known that. So basically I could pick up a new Lato or something and plow through the low levels of it to gain faster?

Except you get mods that smell like what you do in the toilet.

To elaborate; Your account/character 'level' has little to no bearing on what you can do or how you perform beyond unlocking additional content like alternate weapons, what matters right now is the rank of your weapons and warframes. Pay no attention to account/character level and focus on your gear ranks.

This has been the most helpful post so far, thanks for clearing that up for me.