Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco Megathread

motorfirebox

then there people like me who only go there to max out weapons that they dont like

That' me right there.

It's true though that the screenshot highlights a big problem in rep gain, and more broadly on affinity in general.

The current system basically gives you pitiful rewards for your efforts unless you kill thousands of mobs - which leads to farming on particular nodes like Draco. I've seen full sets of unranked weapons ranked to 30 in four rounds of slow draco... While a solo T4 extemination barely vrings you from 20 to 23

yep this is the issue.

I hate doing draco.

but when you have to put 4 forma on a weapon,

Draco can do it in under 2 hours.

Normal game-play is 1-2 days.

I don't think Affinity and rep should be nerfed in draco I think the rest of the game needs buffing.

Mission rewards should be at least 50 times more than current.

:/

I have barely touched draco, just once out of curiosity. I rather actually use the weapon I'm leveling so I end up doing 3 low to mid survival runs to max them, slower weapons take about 4. If I'm only needing rep I just do 2 survival runs, since one tends to net me 12-15 depending on frame and Tier. 

Either way, this is more fun for me then the "joy" of having a weapon maxed asap. I also don't think we should normalize rewards to outliers such as Draco and other endless missions. That's not saying some missions types can't use a hand in terms of time/reward ratio though.

Once people get used to Draco, any less just becomes hard to go back to(which is a common thing that happens also outside of this scenario). Which is why I'd rather not. Right now I feel like I have lots of comparable options if I want to rep or level, and I'd rather keep it that way.

:/

I have barely touched draco, just once out of curiosity. I rather actually use the weapon I'm leveling so I end up doing 3 low to mid survival runs to max them, slower weapons take about 4. If I'm only needing rep I just do 2 survival runs, since one tends to net me 12-15 depending on frame and Tier. 

Either way, this is more fun for me then the "joy" of having a weapon maxed asap. I also don't think we should normalize rewards to outliers such as Draco and other endless missions. That's not saying some missions types can't use a hand in terms of time/reward ratio though.

Once people get used to Draco, any less just becomes hard to go back to(which is a common thing that happens also outside of this scenario). Which is why I'd rather not. Right now I feel like I have lots of comparable options if I want to rep or level, and I'd rather keep it that way.

I don't know about you, but I'm MR 18, and I've got every weapon except the Brakk maxed (I'm still getting around to maxing my archwing stuff). The joy of taking an unranked weapon into combat has long since faded. They all work more or less the same as others of their type, so when I take a 'new' weapon into a mission I'm not doing something new, I'm just nerfing my damage output. The only question is if I want to nerf my damage output in a hard mission or an easy one.

Just a side note: for example i never touched Draco until two weeks ago. That was the moment i realised i'd need to get to MR20 to get enough loadout slots for the frames i want to have.

Being that i'll basically need to grind to rank 30 every single thing currently in the game and then some i got a bit discouraged. An occasional Draco run keeps the leveling process to controllable levels of boredom and frustration.

That said, i spend most of my time on DSDs with just my trusty melees and everything else to rank up - mainly weapons, occasionally frames and sentinels.

As last note: i find Draco to be toxic only if run with the FOTM farming setup. In PUGs i've seen basically everything and had a lot of fun most of the time.

I don't know about you, but I'm MR 18, and I've got every weapon except the Brakk maxed (I'm still getting around to maxing my archwing stuff). The joy of taking an unranked weapon into combat has long since faded. They all work more or less the same as others of their type, so when I take a 'new' weapon into a mission I'm not doing something new, I'm just nerfing my damage output. The only question is if I want to nerf my damage output in a hard mission or an easy one.

I'm MR 19 atm, for whatever that's worth. And no you won't be doing anything "new", but if you want to use that line of thinking you should have never become 18 in the first place(because if we are only talking about dps etc, over half of WF's weapons are redundant, and it;s gameplay like so many other games is repetitive by nature). The point is whether or not you are having fun with the game, be that by using draco to level weapons or not. I never set out to rank all the weapons I have at this point, it's more a side effect then something I deliberately aimed for.

And while you are certainly right that a lot of the weapons handle in a similar fashion, they have a lot of nuances one can prefer over others. Mag size, reload speed, reload animation, gun shot sounds, firerate, looks etc. The "feel" of a gun isn't something you will learn by only looking at it's stats, although you can see where it's appropriate to use. For most people I do think it is a collectors fever/rank chase type situation though, I just don;t consider myself either of those.

Mostly I just like killing stuff in Survival, which weapons I use are a secondary concern to that end. But you won't ever see me with a Boltor Prime.

Edited by Lynxh

Sure, I'm not after "the best" frame and weapon. I use Nyx a lot because I think her Nemesis skin looks badass with her Prime helmet. But I'm not in love with the kind of regression that's necessary to level up new stuff, especially if it has a mechanic that doesn't click with me. I'll do it if that's the only choice—but when Draco offers such a massive advantage over 'normal' leveling up, I see no reason not to use it.

I thought this screenshot pretty well sums up the problem. We all know what happens if you farm Draco for four rounds. Here's what happens if you run the entire Black Seed event in one sitting:

yT30NJb.jpg

Time to go hit up Draco.

This is it, right here. There is nothing wrong with Draco (or any effective farming spot).

What's wrong is that it's just filling up a counter. You can spend hours trying to get those points, or you can just get it done, and it's more sastisfying to get it over with before it becomes a slog. Dare I say it? Draco makes the game more fun because you can say "that's done, now let's go do something else."

If someone exclusively plays Draco, maybe they won't have a good time. That's not DE's fault, or the game's, or Draco's. It's their fault. If they hate it, they should stop punching themself in the face. They control that arm. I mean, seriously, if someone power levels, it means they want to power level. Either they like it (different strokes, right?) or they want to reach a certain goal.

If DE wants people to do other things, they need to improve those other things. Leave the Dracos for people that want them.

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

I actually dont hate draco, nor leveling my stuff there, nor getting rep there.

what I hate is the Gmag+mesa always exploiting that place, constantly in recruit chat 24h a day repeating the same sh*t over and over, and all the people that have gotten used to it to the point that now even in T1 def they ask for Gmag+mesa, its ridiculous.

After a very successful and glorious introduction of the infested "assassin/hunter/invader" The Juggernaut, i got this idea to how the developers could prevent endless farming, like the farming that goes on at Draco.

The Juggernaut seem to appear if you stay in the mission long enough, i dont know if this is intended, but nontheless, this mechanic could be adopted into the other factions.

If you stayed in a mission over a longer period of time, the chance of an "invader boss" could increase, giving the players an additional challenge on top of what they were doing in the first place.

This could function in all sorts of various ways, it could be a strictly time-based event, that happened after a set amount of time, or increasing with time. This would encourage players to do their buisness as fast as possible and not take advantage of methods to slow the gameplay down (e.g. by capturing and holding just 2 towers in interception).

Or it could happen as an event increasing the chance of spawning for every completed rotation in the mission.

Either way these boss monsters could function as a way to regulate the length of the mission, and work against exploits that simplify and degrade our gameplay to that of Draco. The invader boss would of course come with its own loot-table and would give DE a chance to re-release old event-mods, etc.

/Sun

So introducing invader bosses, who would have their own drops, would De-Incentivize farming? >.> DAFUQ YOU SMOKING?

Your suggestion = Another reason to stay longer

What we have: Rising enemy levels and number of Exmius'es in all endless mission types.

Edited by NoLife

After a very successful and glorious introduction of the infested "assassin/hunter/invader" The Juggernaut, i got this idea to how the developers could prevent endless farming, like the farming that goes on at Draco.

The Juggernaut seem to appear if you stay in the mission long enough, i dont know if this is intended, but nontheless, this mechanic could be adopted into the other factions.

If you stayed in a mission over a longer period of time, the chance of an "invader boss" could increase, giving the players an additional challenge on top of what they were doing in the first place.

This could function in all sorts of various ways, it could be a strictly time-based event, that happened after a set amount of time, or increasing with time. This would encourage players to do their buisness as fast as possible and not take advantage of methods to slow the gameplay down (e.g. by capturing and holding just 2 towers in interception).

Or it could happen as an event increasing the chance of spawning for every completed rotation in the mission.

Either way these boss monsters could function as a way to regulate the length of the mission, and work against exploits that simplify and degrade our gameplay to that of Draco. The invader boss would of course come with its own loot-table and would give DE a chance to re-release old event-mods, etc.

/Sun

Give him a weakpoint and make mesa be able to target it with peacemaker (T4 Vor). You still never have to move.

So introducing invader bosses, who would have their own drops, would De-Incentivize farming? >.> DAFUQ YOU SMOKING?

Who said anything about farming?

Im talking about unwanted, excessive and degrading gameplay, like the one going on at Draco, were all we do is sit in one spot and push one simple button.

Im not trying to de-incentivize farming at all, farming is a big part of the game, but farming doesnt have to be what it is in some parts of the game today. I want farming to be more varied and challenging.