Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco Megathread

motorfirebox

The major "grind" in my opinion is the RNG.  Running something 100x for a bow prime handle or a hydroid systems, etc..  Draco doesn't address any of that since all it drops is T4 keys.  Not sure draco and DE increasing grind are related.

No, I meant the whole Mesa+GMag, Excal+Buff+Trinity, Fleeting Expertise... [size=1](really, it's mostly just energy abuse)[/size]

Draco is another grind ovecome -- syndicate XP and item leveling.

Edited by S7ORM

I never used to go to Draco.

I tried it on friday.

It shames me to admit I'm having fun.  I am well aware that feeling of fun only comes from the surreally quick acquisition of credits, mods to burn, and affinity.  And yet, that doesn't prevent it from feeling "satisfying".

That I think brings up a few questions regarding gameplay "satisfaction", at least where I'm concerned.

I would hope my satisfaction ought to come from actual "fun" things in the game, and not from an artificial form of it due to amassing throves of loot and XP.  I find myself perplexed by the situation, to say the least.

Edited by DelialFallen

I never used to go to Draco.

I tried it on friday.

It shames me to admit I'm having fun.  I am well aware that feeling of fun only comes from the surreally quick acquisition of credits, mods to burn, and affinity.  And yet, that doesn't prevent it from feeling "satisfying".

That I think brings up a few questions regarding gameplay "satisfaction", at least where I'm concerned.

I would hope my satisfaction ought to come from actual "fun" things in the game, and not from an artificial form of it due to amassing throves of loot and XP.  I find myself perplexed by the situation, to say the least.

The fun wore off after a while, at least for me. I mean, I've got well over 200 cells. On Draco, wealth accrues fast enough that pretty quickly you're just adding to an already-massive pile.

The fun wore off after a while, at least for me. I mean, I've got well over 200 cells. On Draco, wealth accrues fast enough that pretty quickly you're just adding to an already-massive pile.

Maybe it's the novelty of it that I'm enjoying.  I can't very well say for sure.

For the moment at least I plan on having fun with it.

Draco never was fun. But you know what is even less fun? Leveling up mastery fodder. (aka 85% of weapons in game)

Draco never was fun. But you know what is even less fun? Leveling up mastery fodder. (aka 85% of weapons in game)

Indeed. I'm not against Draco-level ways of getting affinity. I just wish there were more than one. Doing quests, completing tac alerts, any number of other activities should give you a nice chunk of affinity. That way, there isn't such a draw to go to Draco and hold down 4.

I'm just pointing out what the attraction is.

the attraction is Players that literally want to be AFK. and do nothing to Level their Equipment.

because Leveling Equipment or filling your daily caps or points for a thing - is easily achievable playing one (two tops) of any Mission.

not the 'forever and ever' that people like to exaggerate to.

you can easily Polarize Equipment several times in a few hours without Boosters, and without AFKFarming.

these Players do not actually want to play Warframe. they want to login, go AFK for a bit, then play another game (where i wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing).

if you want to play a Mobile Game that is built around that, you're probably better off just doing that.

make no mistake, it's equally the fault of the Player for doing it and for the game that those methods exist in the first place.

there is no need for such methods, it's simply the path of least resistance, and least effort required.

i dreadfully await the butthurt quotes of this trying to tell me that their false statements are correct. i'd rather they don't bother, i'm not going to listen to their crap.

the attraction is Players that literally want to be AFK. and do nothing to Level their Equipment.

because Leveling Equipment or filling your daily caps or points for a thing - is easily achievable playing one (two tops) of any Mission.

not the 'forever and ever' that people like to exaggerate to.

you can easily Polarize Equipment several times in a few hours without Boosters, and without AFKFarming.

these Players do not actually want to play Warframe. they want to login, go AFK for a bit, then play another game (where i wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing).

if you want to play a Mobile Game that is built around that, you're probably better off just doing that.

make no mistake, it's equally the fault of the Player for doing it and for the game that those methods exist in the first place.

there is no need for such methods, it's simply the path of least resistance, and least effort required.

i dreadfully await the butthurt quotes of this trying to tell me that their false statements are correct. i'd rather they don't bother, i'm not going to listen to their crap.

Well, you can choose not to listen, but I just posted screenshot proof that it takes significantly longer than 1-2 missions to earn the 19,000 rep I need to hit my daily cap. I don't think there's much point in trying to discuss something with someone who refuses to accept available evidence, so I suppose it's just as well that you're not interested in continuing this debate.

Well, you can choose not to listen, but I just posted screenshot proof that it takes significantly longer than 1-2 missions to earn the 19,000 rep I need to hit my daily cap.

that's funny, because everyone i play with, does exactly what you say is impossible.

obviously you need to aim towards Endless Missions against Factions which provide good XP returns.

such as playing a mid-high Level Defense to 20 Waves.

the 950,000XP your Warframe needs to accumulate to cover that 19,000 per day - is really not a lot to ask for.

Or Draco.

path of least resistance and path of least effort does not denote 'requirement'.

suggesting 'requirement' suggests there are no other timely methods. this is false, that is simply the method that requires the least effort to achieve. the method that allows you to play the game as little as possible.

that's funny, because everyone i play with, does exactly what you say is impossible.

obviously you need to aim towards Endless Missions against Factions which provide good XP returns.

such as playing a mid-high Level Defense to 20 Waves.

the 950,000XP your Warframe needs to accumulate to cover that 19,000 per day - is really not a lot to ask for.

So what you're saying is, we should do Draco, but just don't do it quite so efficiently. Still grinding endless mission types for rep, probably still doing some sort of camp-and-press-4 strat since that pretty much originated in defense missions in the first place. But hey, at least it's not Draco!

I don't see the point. If I'm going to have to grind endless missions for rep and affinity, I'd rather get it over with quickly. What I'd really like is to have options for rep and affinity other than grinding endless missions without having to spend all day doing it. Which was my point, when I posted a screenshot of my rep gains after completing the entirety of the Black Seeds event in one sitting.

Edited by motorfirebox

So what you're saying is, we should do Draco, but just don't do it quite so efficiently. Still grinding endless mission types for rep, probably still doing some sort of camp-and-press-4 strat since that pretty much originated in defense missions in the first place. But hey, at least it's not Draco!

nope, i mean playing the Mission in a completely casual manner. using whatever Equipment you want, playing it however you want.

no AFKFarming abuse needed.

as for non Endless options, i agree, and i was pretty bummed when a 'fix' for Stealth XP was applied, that we were apparently getting too much for Stealth Kills.

which wasn't even a whole lot... so q.q

i was content with playing a random Mission for a while stealth-like being a viable option for XP, even if only for a Melee, since nothing else is viable to get XP for unless it's a Sniper Rifle that's already leveled up, Et Cetera.

Edited by taiiat

• 2 weeks later...

So, just ran a nightmare alert.

SDseAe1.jpg

Stuff like nightmare alerts ought to be a viable alternative to farming rep at Draco. Instead, they amount of rep they provide is miniscule. This, right here, is why people Draco.

Edited by motorfirebox

Gmag nerf will force player back to Trinity + Damage frames + looting at the end of each wave.

There are lots of alternatives that work just as well.

4x CP 2xEmber + trinity works perfectly on draco, better than mesa/mag

2xexcal Oberon + trinity

3x rhino + trinity

2x saryn 2x trinity

at this point Happy to see draco go.

but then....Stephano is the new loot cave....

on and on and on

I think it may be time to address the issues of instant re-spawns on Interception!

is it really so hard to add a 3 second delay on spawns?#

and yes, fix the underlying issues, low XP from other mission types

add 20 times more completion xp to other mission types

Edited by Tatersail