Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco Megathread

motorfirebox

I think DE should make forma'd weapons get an increased XP rate. Maybe stacking the XP rate per forma on that weapon or frame only as a solution. As for rewards, i believe that is also being changed with Starchart 3.0, so doing normal missions should be a lot more rewarding.

It doesn't take long to forma guns on different missions besides draco, also to the person who said draco is better to forma guns, how is it better to afk and leech say 5-6 formas on a gun to then never use the gun again seems very pointless rushing mastery rank and forma's on guns to not even play the game, no logic most of the draco players will be gone soon enough once they reach the mastery cap or can't be bothered making clan weapons.

#Lootcave, #Something that most guys will not get any night.

When I read draco, I read everything Jon Oliver's Voice. The problem is the loot caves, however, the real problem is the mechanics of the core game play. Somethings have been brought up. But until they fix the grind, a Loot cave is here to stay, and it will always be found in any game. As for is this an exploit? No, Is it a problem? Depends on perspective.

Edited by ChloeSakuna

I don't know how it ruins the game, I've been having no issues.  Sure, my weapons get leveled a bit slower and I'm actually learning the tiles as well as finding cute little loot rooms, but nothing is being ruined.

From what I've seen, the biggest complaint is that new players are going there and aren't learning basic game play, team work or even how to utilize their 'frames effectively in a non-farming situation, and it's making a negative impact on others enjoyment of missions that require those things.

Yes and that's why we have so many crappy MR19s now, mixed in with the ones who know what they are doing.

Heck some of them don't even know what corrupt mods are.

What do you get on draco ? Orokin cells, xp ....

What do you get on Triton ? FUSION CORES !!!! and more xp than Draco.

No seriously, I don't like draco anymore and I find Triton to be a better place, and its still Mesa+Frost+Gmag+Nekros viable...

Continue the discussion people

Edited by hawker_mech

This thread is like Athiests vs Religion...

Would both side please just shut up and mind their own business?

If you like Draco, use it. If you don't like Draco, don't use it.

I understand there's an issue with "Oh, well, why would I grind to level my weapon when I can just level it in 4 rounds of Draco" which needs fixing -- I 100% agree with that. But a way of fixing it is NOT with the removal or nerfing of the map and/or warframes. You'll ruin the game asking for things like this; instead all missions should reward people with that kind of experience. The focus system might be the answer to this, we'll just have to wait.

But for now, can everyone just quit b!tching?

Do you really think DE will reduce grind? After the series of stealth nerfes I lost any hope that they will do something for players. They will attempt to "fix" Draco and people will find a new loot cave.

They might reduce the grind? Who knows for sure. Pretty sure Steve said he'll be looking at rewards and drops to provide availability of everything with the Starchart changes. 

Please stop with the "stealth nerfs" thing because most of these "stealth nerfs" were just bugs from things breaking after an update.

Yes and that's why we have so many crappy MR19s now, mixed in with the ones who know what they are doing.

Heck some of them don't even know what corrupt mods are.

How about we add a freaking meaningful progressing that isn't just ''Oh leveling things up,GG''? MR didn't even mean crap and never will. It's not even a freaking decent ''progression meter''.

facepalm.gif

Try formaing a weapon 4-5-6-7 times with no booster on a normal mission and see how long it will take you.

Draco is not the problem, it's the whole progress system.

Even Triton is a problem when you go to the R5 drop discussion

Edited by Monsterwithin

I stop going to Draco because of GMAG and Mesa.  Boring...I find it to be for newbies.  I like fighting the enemies. Running, sliding, flipping and just sneaking up on the enemies giving them a head-shot or a nice stab with my melee.  When the enemies become higher level GMAG and Mesa go down very easy and one is there just to revive them.  I don't consider that fun.  They can keep Draco.

20h is a figure of speech, but it does take a long time to apply 5-6 forma to a weapon. It is a lot faster with a "loot cave". 

One thing is for sure, the best thing would be to have the most efficient way of leveling while you do normal gameplay, aka rewarding experience.

So basically you are saying, "I don't want my gameplay experience negatively impacted by someone else.".

Now go look at the majority of complaints regarding Draco, Mesa, Saryn, and GMag...

They don't want to have their gameplay experience impacted by someone else either.

...Imagine that.

So basically you are saying, "I don't want my gameplay experience negatively impacted by someone else.".

Now go look at the majority of complaints regarding Draco, Mesa, Saryn, and GMag...

They don't want to have their gameplay experience impacted by someone else either.

...Imagine that.

Jerks will be jerks whether or not they have a node that 'enables' them.  Those of us who use Draco and aren't jerks don't want it taken away because people who would be jerks anyway are also using it.

Also, not to be critical of the moderation, but after all those thread mergers the first few pages are sort've a mess.

Edited by Trylobyte

My thoughts on Draco:

I don't think that players that partake in Draco are bad, wrong, or exploitative in any way. In fact, I find something beautiful about a well-composed party that works together, covering each others weaknesses and creating an unbeatable strategy. It's the height of Tenno teamwork.

However.

Ask yourself, is that what you want Warframe to be? Chances are, deep down, everyone knows the answer is "no". Does this mean we need to buff rewards for other mission types? Does this mean we need to have 20 RNG nodes? Maybe, I'm not sure. But I do think that something has to change, because I don't want Draco to be Warframe's legacy.

Merged "alot" of similar threads.  Please use this to discuss anything and everything Draco! 

Thanks everyone!

So that's where the thread I was trying to reply to went. Ah well. 

Anyway, my thoughts on Draco (copy-pasted from the thread I was going to reply to since I'm now too lazy to change stuff)

You raise good points, OP. I will admit that I have developed a farming mentality (though my farming is more interactive and less productive): I do Mobile Defense runs on Kiste, Ceres to rank up the stuff that I either want to get out of the way for Mastery, or things I want to Forma, and to gain syndicate rep while I'm at it. At the end of the day, I sometimes find myself wondering why I still play Warframe if all I do is go to Kiste and shoot things. 

You're also right that the problem is the grind, but to me the problem is not that it is too extreme, but that it is brutally equal. Without areas that grant a high affinity gain, the grind that a new player experiences is the very same grind that an experienced player who has already cleared the Starchart will have to go through again if he wants to level up forma'ed or new weapons. If a veteran player starts from the first planet and works their way up through all the nodes just to level up, there is nothing "new" for them to experience, which makes leveling things the gameplay-intended way a hassle rather than something to work for and enjoy at the same time. 

The current gameplay of Warframe caters to progression and enjoyment, not to personal achievement. There are no secrets to find, there are no stories to uncover, there are no medals to unlock: all you have is killing or destroying things while becoming more powerful and (hopefully) having fun. There are many systems and ideas in Warframe that have so much potential to be fun and engaging: however, since DE's development process seems to be, quite frankly, all over the place, players are left with nothing but their own creativity and imagination on how to make the game engaging and fun for themselves. As it stands, it would seem the current way to have "fun" in Warframe is for players to become as powerful as they possibly can, and to achieve that they resort to leveling up quickly with the least amount of effort so that they can enjoy being powerful as soon as possible. 

(tl;dr: The grind is, unfortunately, quite real, and with the current set-up of Warframe players can and will burn themselves out on it, or continue to go with it until it gets better. The grind affects everyone, but affects experienced players doubly so. Also, DE may be banking a bit too much on player creativity and imagination to find enjoyment in the game.)

I thought this screenshot pretty well sums up the problem. We all know what happens if you farm Draco for four rounds. Here's what happens if you run the entire Black Seed event in one sitting:

yT30NJb.jpg

Time to go hit up Draco.

..... are you going to produce a point some time? so what people go to draco to farm levels/rep OH NO ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!! well not really... since i dont know THIS HAPPENS IN EVERY SINGLE MMO?! seriously this is the ONLY game where ive seen some/most of the community !@#%^ at how others play. WHO !@#$@$ CARES!! it effects you in no way, shape, and/or form. it never has and never will. 

GET. OVER. IT!

All they had to do is reduce the XP given in interceptions and give more for quests and special alerts even boss battles. I suggest DE create a in game chart with goals that would reward additional xp for destroying certain number of mobs or bosses or meeting certain conditions for hard to get prime parts that changes daily. Give the gamers a rewards chart

Jerks will be jerks whether or not they have a node that 'enables' them.  Those of us who use Draco and aren't jerks don't want it taken away because people who would be jerks anyway are also using it.

Your argument is the same as everyone else's...

I tend to agree with all of them too...

It isn't fair to have your gameplay negatively impacted by someone else.

The simple fact of the matter though is that those nodes and abilities do enable that behavior... If they get changed it will just be something else that does too though.

It's the "low hanging fruit of the month" and will constantly be picked because it can be.

No different than MPrime, Blessing, Overheat, Radial Blind, Radial Javelin, Viver, and a host of other content that got affected by complaints in the game.

That's not to say that I advocate nerfs, as I don't.... But I can readily understand why people complain.

You can't expect everyone in a disparate group to show restraint, you have to create systems that encourage the wanted behavior.

My personal belief is that a way can be implemented that does just that without nerfs and needless limitations.

The real solution is to play the game like you prefer and stop trying to tell everybody else how to play

That would be great.But the fact is that the Drako-stiled farmers are ruining the game for the rest of us.Because of them Excalibur has been neutered,Trininy got the second death...Mesa,G-Mag are next.Because of Drako ,we're talikg about eliminating Fleeting ...so it affects me,and it shouldn't.

Solution - put a cap on the affinity gained in a wave/mission/minute. And rethink affinity distribution.

All they had to do is reduce the XP given in interceptions and give more for quests and special alerts even boss battles. I suggest DE create a in game chart with goals that would reward additional xp for destroying certain number of mobs or bosses or meeting certain conditions for hard to get prime parts that changes daily. Give the gamers a rewards chart

That would be great.But the fact is that the Drako-stiled farmers are ruining the game for the rest of us.Because of them Excalibur has been neutered,Trininy got the second death...Mesa,G-Mag are next.Because of Drako ,we're talikg about eliminating Fleeting ...so it affects me,and it shouldn't.

Solution - put a cap on the affinity gained in a wave/mission/minute. And rethink affinity distribution.

You talk about nerfing affinity when it should be buffing it everywhere else. The best games tend to have a close relation in gameplay and rewards (read XP/Resources). When these two are apart, Dracos, Mesa+Gmags and every other farming exploit happens to a level it is almost a disease.

Bad decisions made by devs aren't players' fault.

And affinity cap is not a good idea. Instead of nerfing affinity gain in certain missions, make other mission types more rewarding.

It would improve the game for everyone and give some incentive to complete non-endless missions.

Your idea would result only in massive community backlash and it still wouldn't fix the main cause of the problem.

..... are you going to produce a point some time? so what people go to draco to farm levels/rep OH NO ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!! well not really... since i dont know THIS HAPPENS IN EVERY SINGLE MMO?! seriously this is the ONLY game where ive seen some/most of the community !@#%^ at how others play. WHO !@#$@$ CARES!! it effects you in no way, shape, and/or form. it never has and never will. 

GET. OVER. IT!

Maybe you could try reading what I actually wrote, guy.