Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco Megathread

motorfirebox

Weren't Eximus units supposed to be this? "Boss" units that would gradually appear as endless missions went on to shake things up?

Except of course they don't actually do anything drastically different from the common enemy.

Ideas are one thing, implementation is a whole different story.

Edited by CaveCricket48

I'm ok with a mini boss coming but "excessive farming????" in a game with a crazy grind there has to be a way to lighten that for the casuals and im not using that in a derogatory way, there are people that dont have hours a day to farm and hoard resources. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

Yeah uh...

No.

What you're suggesting is basically Stalker comes in and can come in at a higher chance for the longer you stay, incentivizing more hardcore farming. 

Stalker can get Rolfstomped by most people these days. He's not even a threat.

Also, I'm really tired of people trying to cover up the issue of "farming"

Excalibur's RJ has to be nerfed because people don't want to play the game.

Frost Prime, Reaper Prime, and Latron Prime were removed because people couldn't farm for what they wanted well enough.

The REAL problem in this game, at least from my point of view, is RNG. People hardcore farm to speed up and increase their odds of getting the stuff they want because playing the game regularly rarely nets them any fruit and their efforts go to waste.

DE seems to think removing content from the game instead of creating new game modes and keys was a way to solve it.

DE though destroying two of Excalibur's abilities was going to damper it.

People are going to keep finding band-aids to farm with until something is fixed with these RNG based drop tables that don't give anybody anything.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Simple solution: Make the game worth playing even without the loot. As long as loot is a primary objective, farming is going to be a thing. 

That doesn't go to say that simple solutions are easy ones. 

This would render survivals, and defence missions useless... Farming is real and it is in every game, the faster that people get use to that fact, the faster this thread would close.

This thread was a great idea, but the means of going about it isnt, reduce the ammount of items, or having it as the main item reward is pointless, as stated before in here, it would cause people to farm more and spend more time in the game, but this isnt healthy sense it would also force people to leave, and find some other game they can enjoy with less effort.

Dont think this suggestion resolves anything regarding the exploits, even more if you incentive it by giving out old event rewards, ppl would do it more so they could get those faster.

Although I have seen suggestions like this, were a special unit with anti-abilities could spawn to punish and disrupt the ability spam players.

Or maybe the simpler solution is what they did on interception, if the players are camping and spamming, the game stop from spawning enemies.

Edited by 7grims

Yeah uh...

No.

What you're suggesting is basically Stalker comes in and can come in at a higher chance for the longer you stay, incentivizing more hardcore farming. 

Stalker can get Rolfstomped by most people these days. He's not even a threat.

Also, I'm really tired of people trying to cover up the issue of "farming"

Excalibur's RJ has to be nerfed because people don't want to play the game.

Frost Prime, Reaper Prime, and Latron Prime were removed because people couldn't farm for what they wanted well enough.

The REAL problem in this game, at least from my point of view, is RNG. People hardcore farm to speed up and increase their odds of getting the stuff they want because playing the game regularly rarely nets them any fruit and their efforts go to waste.

DE seems to think removing content from the game instead of creating new game modes and keys was a way to solve it.

DE though destroying two of Excalibur's abilities was going to damper it.

People are going to keep finding band-aids to farm with until something is fixed with these RNG based drop tables that don't give anybody anything.

You are kinda right.

Nowadays DE is going into pretty hardcore self-destructive solutions.

But in the past they kinda solved those problems whiteout going into extremes, I remember in the old-old days, xini was the sh*t, xini was the place, infested were just stupid grind meat, and ppl would just do rounds of defense with an ogris, without never leaving their spot or facing danger.

Obviously in those days things weren't exaggerated as they are now, with the constant recruit chat spam of draco draco draco all day and mesa+Gmag over and over, and people were also more calm, they didnt spent hours on xini grinding mindlessly, after a few rounds everyone would get bored and wanted to play normal, but the draco ppl go full retard on exploiting that little place.

Dont know what DE is doing, or what they are waiting for, but they are taking so long to act on this, I hope they are planing a good system with no loop holes to finally end these exaggerated exploits.

Who said anything about farming?

Suggestion To Prevent Excessive "farming" <- Title includes FARMING. WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT FARMING? YOU. I'm convinced you don't even know what you're arguing or suggesting.

It is your choice to go to Draco. It is your choice to use that VERY EFFICIENT AND PROVEN method of farming. Don't act as if you are forced to do so.

"I'm talking about unwanted, excessive and degrading gameplay, like the one going on at Draco, where all we do is sit in one spot and push one simple button." You chose to be there. You want variety? Play another mission.

"Im not trying to de-incentivize farming at all," What you suggest wouldn't remove the incentive in the first place, as farming in Draco is to Wave 4, not 50. Your suggestion is aimed towards teams who group for a Long-Term Survival for Void Bits, Keys, or Resources, to de-incentivise staying longer. "This would encourage players to do their buisness as fast as possible." NO, JUST NO. It would be an incentive to shoot for. A minor change in a build and you can keep that 1 hour survival and kill Jugg/Other Boss easily. Your suggestion isn't helping what you are arguing against, voluntary monotonous gameplay.

Why do we do it? It is EASY, EFFICIENT, AND REPLICABLE. Players will ALWAYS find the best way to attain what they need, especially in a game reliant on resources such as this one. There will always be a Xini, a Draco, a Kappa, it will simply go by a different name and method.

On every game this is a fact, not an opinion. Many gamers put thousands of hours into what they enjoy, and we enjoy variety. At the same time, if there is a better way to attain a goal and we are looking to get it done quickly, we will choose to do so. Choice.

BFHardline, Hotwire. Drive a car in circles to max your cash and level. Other gamemodes dipped sharply in player count because it was easier to attain the same work in Hotwire than it was in other modes. Players still enjoy the variety of other gametypes, but used Hotwire to get things they would've otherwise spent additional hours working towards.

Edited by NoLife

and then there is me (and others probably), that never goes there at all 

Wow you are missing out...

Draco is one of the best places, if not the best place to get you

-syndicate standing

-MR points

-Affinity

-alloy plates

-o cells

-circuits

-ampules

-T4 keys

-oberon parts

-random mods

So go there and get your goodies before it gets nerfed to oblivion.

Join the rest of us carpel tunnel syndrome patients.

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag

Why you may ask. It's because void doesn't reward you enough to go there and level up weaponry. If they bring back the cores to how they used to be. I will go there to level up items in the mean time, let's all go to draco.

No we need a  invader boss to troll players by being overly difficult and brake the game, were op as crap anyway so I don't see a problem with this, I want my challenge dammit!. trololololololo

Edited by OnimaruX

It is your choice to go to Draco. It is your choice to use that VERY EFFICIENT AND PROVEN method of farming. Don't act as if you are forced to do so.

This. NoLife pointed very well.

No offence, but you people need to grow up. Play the game as you like and let others to play as they like. In other words, 'Live and let live'.

Edited by OriginOne

here's my solution  get rid of draco

dracos not at the core of the problem, its the specific skill sets that frames have that make farms like draco possible, kill draco and another farm node pops up, probably not as effective as draco but still viable to the point where people will do it. I mean just camp recruiting tab for a a few minutes and 50 - 70% of the post is asking for these frames with questionable skills sets

here's my solution  get rid of draco

Players will ALWAYS find the best way to attain what they need, especially in a game reliant on resources such as this one. There will always be a Xini, a Draco, a Kappa, it will simply go by a different name and method.

On every game this is a fact, not an opinion. Many gamers put thousands of hours into what they enjoy, and we enjoy variety. At the same time, if there is a better way to attain a goal and we are looking to get it done quickly, we will choose to do so. Choice.

BFHardline, Hotwire. Drive a car in circles to max your cash and level. Other gamemodes dipped sharply in player count because it was easier to attain the same work in Hotwire than it was in other modes. Players still enjoy the variety of other gametypes, but used Hotwire to get things they would've otherwise spent additional hours working towards.

To stop exploits campings, spam, mesa+Gmag, draco, and all those abuses, we are currently seeing destroying the game and the comunity.

Abuses the devs only fix by doing excessive nerfs and bad reworks.

We all know the real solution to it all, its just a solution, non of us would ever want.

The removal of fleeting expertise.

We all know the madness started with that mod.

EDIT:------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not a feedback its a general discussion tread.

Edited by 7grims