Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco Megathread

motorfirebox

Reasons are being mixed up with solutions here ...

- Using a forma forces us to level from 0 to 30 with most weapons being outright bad until they are formaed 3 times.

- Same for frames, which tend to need 3 to 4 slots formaed to be flexible, given the penalty to aura slot.

- MR locking forcing people to reach at least MR8 by leveling many weapons and frames, including those they don't like to play and never touch again once they get to 30.

These are the reasons why we try to find the most efficient ways to do it. So we don't waste time doing things we don't want to do. Draco, T1 or T2 defense, whatever spawns most high level mobs quickly and predictably.

Want to change behaviour of players?

- Let forma knock item rank to 15 and not 0, so our tools don't go from good to absolute crap until levelled back

- Give more affinity per kill or at mission end to stop forcing people to kill millions of mobs

- Let affinity gained after rank 30 on warframes and weapons not be wasted, but still go to MR rank, so people can gain MR by playing what they like

- Make affinity boosters work while logged in and not on real time, so you don't waste plat while sleeping

Of course, all of this would not help them sell stuff for real money. :)

Perhaps this could be implemented as part of a monthly sub service, but then it would also be cool to have dedicated servers ... So you don't loose all your gains every time their DB servers go boink.

Lol who are you people to dictate what ruins THEIR game experience? These complaints are literally hilarious

People act as people playing draco activates a server wide damage nerf or something

get the hell over it, if you don't like draco don't play draco. No one forces you to play draco

Edited by SoulDust

Why not remove Warframes as well?. This is a "solution".

Go home Tyl, you're drunk. 

The way to "fix" farms, is to remove Affinity Gain splitting from squad members. No split XP, each person has to carry their own, and you have to use weapons to gain xp (i.e. Melee, Off-hands).  What we really need is word from the Devs on if this is intentional or wanted. If people work out a system within the given rule set, then what is stopping them other than the have-nots whining? 

Thank you for posting such a well thought out explanation, which I whole heartedly agree with.  In any game there are power gamers/min-maxers (or whatever you want to call them) who get their fun partly from the gameplay, but mostly from playing with the confidence that they are using or have access to the strongest gear, and the best set up they possible.  The fact that warframe has Draco as an option is great for all the reasons you've so eloquently put forth.

Oh, finally I see it. It's the GRIND that's our true enemy. 

Well in that case, let's just make it so that all weapons you build are instantly max rank, multi-forma'd, and don't require resources!

That'll fix everything! No really!

Don't be an idiot.  Some level of grind is fine, and indeed some level of grind is needed to ensure a good gameplay experience.  But having an excess of grind hurts things.  DE has, in their occasional flashes of wisdom, given people a way (via Draco) to determine how much and how fast the individual player wants to grind.

There always be a loot cave.

You nerf Peacemaker - we switch to Prism or Miasma

You remove Draco - we go to another interception

You cannot stop people from finding shorter ways to play the game.

f7FdEdG.jpg

Oh, finally I see it. It's the GRIND that's our true enemy. 

Well in that case, let's just make it so that all weapons you build are instantly max rank, multi-forma'd, and don't require resources!

That'll fix everything! No really!

I need dat instant gratification doe! I like yur idea.

I agree that grind X human nature (always looking for shortcuts) is the root of problems. But, when 70%-80% of recruiting games concentrate on 1 or 2 nodes, this becomes a problem, because it is hard to find a normal gameplay session to take part in and simply have fun.

I forma'ed most of my gear playing, and it was too time consuming, and to tell you the truth, no fun at all in some cases. Nowadays I also use Draco, but I would like to see more play 4 fun sessions when I don't.

Edited by nmuaddib

so what's the problem again? i remember back then when i tried to level my equipments, i would go hours of survival mission on earth. after dark sector exist, switch to sechura but its a high level and level 0 equipment is basically crap. then with mesa, ventured on draco which has low level enemies and fast leveling like 2-3 replay. this is a grinding game ffs. would you rather grind hours and hours to level your gear or go to draco for 2-3 runs? whatever it is, it has the same concept and the same end result.

Don't be an idiot.  Some level of grind is fine, and indeed some level of grind is needed to ensure a good gameplay experience.  But having an excess of grind hurts things.  DE has, in their occasional flashes of wisdom, given people a way (via Draco) to determine how much and how fast the individual player wants to grind.

Don't pretend like nothing is wrong with it.

It's fine when people are trying to find the fastest way to level, really. But when that method revolves around them sitting in one spot casting the same powers like it's going out of style, I personally feel like the integrity of the game is being undermined. I'm not saying "play the way I want, or else" I'm just saying you should actually have to participate in efficient farming/powerleveling methods.

Destiny's original loot cave comes to mind. Bungie didn't patch that because people were getting loot/exp too fast, they patched it because they didn't think that the most lucrative form of play should revolve around multiple players sitting in one spot shooting at a hole in the wall. I remember logging on to see what my friends were doing, the majority of them were all doing Earth Patrol unsurprisingly and when I suggested doing anything else, the immediate and irrefutable question was always "why?".

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed insult

This. Happens every time. I've seen this happen since the last two years. Still hurting a bit from Vivergate

Draco isn't the problem, stop fooling yourself.

OP is right

In no way you can compare the old farm strategies and the old abuses ppl used to do in warframe, and the specific exaggerated demands of X or Y frame only for T4 missions.

Draco took over the recruit chat, there is 10 times more "H draco & mesa+gmag" then there is any other recruitment for void, derelicts, other star chart nodes.

The draco problem is the same as the serration problem, if you think the serration problem is only about serration, then you are mislead.

I agree that grind X human nature (always looking for shortcuts) is the root of problems. But, when 70%-80% of recruiting games concentrate on 1 or 2 nodes, this becomes a problem, because it is hard to find a normal gameplay session to take part in and simply have fun.

I forma'ed most of my gear playing, and it was to time consuming, and to tell you the truth, no fun at all in some cases. Nowadays I also use Draco, but I would like to see more play 4 fun sessions when I don't.

I think this is a different issue.  The longer people play the game the more friends they make, and if they just want to play for fun they're probably going to play with those friends, since they know they have fun with them.  If I'm going to run a game and try to do something ridiculous or cheeky (such as doing a T4 or a raid with Mk.1 weapons) I'd rather be with people I know than with people I've never met before.  I know my friends aren't going to rage at me, get frustrated with me, or abandon me simply because I'm doing something unusual.  I don't have that guarantee with randoms.

This holds true in most multiplayer games, not just Warframe.  Try picking an off-meta champion in unranked League of Legends with randoms and see how much you get flamed.

Edited by Trylobyte

What is the point of playing at all if the goal is to shorten the game?

No! THE SHORTER WAY WILL BE AT THE END OF THE GAME FOR PLAYERS WHO DESERVE THE SHORTER WAYS.

What is the point of playing at all if the goal is to shorten the game?

Goal is to shorten the uninteresting parts of the game.

Like the time between sticking a forma on your favourite gun and that same gun stopping being utter S#&$.