Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Draco Megathread

motorfirebox

I don't know how it ruins the game, I've been having no issues.  Sure, my weapons get leveled a bit slower and I'm actually learning the tiles as well as finding cute little loot rooms, but nothing is being ruined.

From what I've seen, the biggest complaint is that new players are going there and aren't learning basic game play, team work or even how to utilize their 'frames effectively in a non-farming situation, and it's making a negative impact on others enjoyment of missions that require those things.

I can agree with some of that.  I did a spy mission alert with a friend where we retrieved 2 vaults successfully and a random MR11 joins us, fails the vault, then dies far away but we don't revive him because we're already at extract, then he just aborts the mission even though he could have waited 45 seconds and gotten the reward.  I think by MR11 people should know how to do Spy, and also know that when it says "2 required", that we already beat the mission, so he is probably an example of what you're saying.

Edited by torsoreaper

There are thousand weapons and frames to level up and no way to those in a healthy fashion.

Draco is a way to power trough the core of the gameplay, by just bypassing all the content with exploits.

The draco problematic, is a representative of all the devs bad work, that is transforming the game into abusive spam camp farms exploits.

And draco is also a cancer that as taken over the recruit chat.

There are thousand weapons and frames to level up and no way to those in a healthy fashion.

Draco is a way to power trough the core of the gameplay, by just bypassing all the content with exploits.

The draco problematic, is a representative of all the devs bad work, that is transforming the game into abusive spam camp farms exploits.

So how has it actually hurt you?  I don't see the how... other than your complaint about recruit chat which is honestly overly exaggerated.

It won't fix anything. People will still run most rewarding nodes other others.

Yes, but that "most rewarding node" will change. It will be a grind, but there will at least be variety.

The entire point of the game it's to level gear, to expect that to NOT be a goal is misguided

Edited by Hypernaut1

I hope its gone with new star chart change.

I also thought that initially, but even without our current star chart there is always gonna be missions like surv, interception, def, were ppl can do their abusive exploits anyway.

The devs need to go further with a better solution, then just removing over and over every single node were ppl exploit.

Yep, then it'll be "omg nerf Stephano", then people will move on to other location and it'll be "omg nerf XYZ"

People will always look for the most efficient way of progression, especially in a game that's reliant on grinding.

It's not exploiting - they're not glitching the game etc. They're simply using the right frames, synergizing them with each other to achieve highest grinding efficiency possible.

Using the right tools for the right task is one of the foundations of progression, I don't see why Draco farmers are hated so much for utilizing this strategy. Why are they considered worse than those "mlg l33t pro only my way of playing the game is right u skrub" when they're simply trying to maximize their gains?

I wouldn't be surprised if people start to complain about T1-T2 Void Defence being used as an exploit.

Funny thing I find is, the Trin Buffer Excal Excal had more synergy than this current draco method.

Exploits?

Using frames that synergize with each other is called exploiting now?

I woud agree if it was glitching the game or something, but calling it exploiting? This is far from exploiting.

I might be because of the entire "effort/compensation" relation.

Players do certain missions for some casual lvl ups, mods and resources, draco on the other hand if played in a certain way provides all of the previous requirements while requesting less effort, some players consider that unbalanced, however some of them are in a way hipocrites as themselves have done the mission to lvl up weapons.

It doesn't ruin the game, but it does spoil the players a little bit, if you trow some players to a more mechanical difficult mission (rescue, spy, trials) things will likely go bad.

I still go by my standarts of not caring what other players do, as long they are not disrupting or leeching they are free to play the way they want in the node they want, draco included.

On the other hand, some players want that other players play in a certain way, as if they could actually do something.

Exploits?

Using frames that synergize with each other is called exploiting now?

I woud agree if it was glitching the game or something, but calling it exploiting? This is far from exploiting.

Every word can be used without context to vilify anything. Warframe is the only game I ever saw where being efficient can be considered as a exploit. 

So how has it actually hurt you? I don't see the how... other than your complaint about recruit chat which is honestly overly exaggerated.

So you do not see the big problem?

You dont understand all the problems it is causing?

Edited by Letter13

I don't know how it ruins the game, I've been having no issues.  Sure, my weapons get leveled a bit slower and I'm actually learning the tiles as well as finding cute little loot rooms, but nothing is being ruined.

From what I've seen, the biggest complaint is that new players are going there and aren't learning basic game play, team work or even how to utilize their 'frames effectively in a non-farming situation, and it's making a negative impact on others enjoyment of missions that require those things.

I don't know how it ruins the game...at all. I'm in Draco frequently for T4 keys in my slow nova. It's typically a versatile bunch with the occasional Mesa who doesn't have a Gmag to accompany her or vice-versa. However, if that combo does happen to show by chance, thank you and I look forward to getting my key faster (should they not back out to before round 4.)

I think there are bigger problems that should be focused on than players finding reasons to b_tch about things that don't really affect them. For instance, player retention and it has nothing to do with Draco. When I first started playing this game, I made a large amount of actively playing friends (near 100) from newbs like myself to MR18's who were on daily at any given time. My friends list is now a desolate area with maybe 3-10 active players at any given time, while many haven't logged on in weeks to months.

Blame that on Draco if you like, but I think you know better. As I said, there are other issues that need more attention.

Edited by Ded_man

This is a terrible solution.

Let's limit the potential of every player in the game just to stop people who are farming Draco (as if they need to be stopped, lol)? 

Ridiculous.

Besides, even with only 30% efficiency players would find the way. Just like they always do.

Edited by Siekier

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'll never do it though, way too boring.

That's where I am.

My clan has some newbs that have discovered Draco and some YouTubers, now they're all about the meta and I have to politely decline any and all invitations they send, I have no interest in that type of game play.

[OP]

No, OP. You remove grind without touching any of the things you claim aren't a problem, and people still use those things to abuse the higher spawn rates of things they want. That's straight up S#&$ty for [DE]'s side of things.

What SHOULD happen, is that both those things should be changed, AND grind reduced to compensate the removal of the super-easy, non-interactive farming method.

Having something like Draco, Mesa, Gmag, Instant Radial death attacks... all it does it increase the need for Grind, because otherwise they would trivialize the gameplay time required to acquire everything.

Draco is a problem, stop fooling yourself.

A problem, absolutely. But not the ONLY problem.

There are 2 kinds of draco treads:

Anti-draco treads:

Uses arguments, they discuss ideas, they see several solutions, etc

Pro-draco tread:

"its mah play style, let me play as i want"

"its a playstyle"

"how is hurting your, really how?"

"how is it bad?"

"draco is not a problem, simply isnt"

"if DE didnt want draco, they had removed by now"

etc

That's where I am.

My clan has some newbs that have discovered Draco and some YouTubers, now they're all about the meta and I have to politely decline any and all invitations they send, I have no interest in that type of game play.

Also, honestly, due to prime accessories boosters, I've had no problem just leveling up poop tons of gear on DS Defense/Sechura, also with solo Spy 2.0 runs cause, dang, that's some sweet and fun affinity there.

I wouldn't be surprised if people start to complain about T1-T2 Void Defence being used as an exploit.

Funny thing I find is, the Trin Buffer Excal Excal had more synergy than this current draco method.

Main thing I don't uderstand is why people are so butthurt about organized player groups playing on one specific node.

Just why?

I haven't been to Draco in a long time and the fact that there are teams with Mesa, Mag, Nekros and Frost don't bother me at all. At all.

This doesn't affect my gameplay a little bit. I'm playing on Cerberus quite often (which is another one of popular leveling nodes) and I haven't seen a single Greedy Pull Mag or Mesa affecting my gameplay in a negative way. Not a single one.

Want to play Draco without Mesa or gMag? Play with friends. If you can't, try your luck with pugs but keep in mind that they have the full right to play however they want to.

Found a group with Mesa and gMag? Either deal with it or leave. Simple as that.

Yep, then it'll be "omg nerf Stephano", then people will move on to other location and it'll be "omg nerf XYZ"

People will always look for the most efficient way of progression, especially in a game that's reliant on grinding.

It's not exploiting - they're not glitching the game etc. They're simply using the right frames, synergizing them with each other to achieve highest grinding efficiency possible.

Using the right tools for the right task is one of the foundations of progression, I don't see why Draco farmers are hated so much for utilizing this strategy. Why are they considered worse than those "mlg l33t pro only my way of playing the game is right u skrub" when they're simply trying to maximize their gains?

The issue most players have with it is the lack on interactivity of this grinding method. Stand in one spot, hit one button. Push an arrow key once every 2 minutes.

Its not fun, and since it IS so effective, [DE] increases grind to compensate, which also affects those of us who are trying to play the game FOR FUN.

And no, that doesn't mean "Just reduce the grind" is an effective solution. Digital Extremes is a business, and if they were to reduce grind while leaving things like GMag+Mesa and Excal+Buff+Trin in the game, it would flatline the ingame economy -- and by extension, the plat sales -- by nature of supply > demand

There are 2 kinds of draco treads:

Anti-draco treads:

Uses arguments, they discuss ideas, they see several solutions, etc

Pro-draco tread:

"its mah play style, let me play as i want"

"its a playstyle"

"how is hurting your, really how?"

"how is it bad?"

"draco is not a problem, simply isnt"

"if DE didnt want draco, they had removed by now"

etc

People see, what they want to see ...

So you do not see the big problem?

You dont understand all the problems it is causing?

Pal, here is some advice:

- Play solo, this way Draco won't hurt you

- Play with Friends, this way Draco won't hurt you

- Make you own game on the recruiting chat, and ask for non-metas

- If you can't make you own game because your connection is bad, get a better one...

- Stop being aggressive for no good reason in the forums...

So you are saying that everybody that plays Draco falls under your labels? And that they do nothing else in the game? Just trying to make some sense of your post...

I'm saying enough of them lack the restraint and consideration necessary to keep players from coming to the forums and complaining about it.

When you go look at the complaints regarding those abilities and game modes they all tend to fall in the same category...

"My game experience was negatively impacted"

For certain there are tons of players who never go into public mode for missions and only run with friends that they feel comfortable in engaging in that type of behavior with... Those people don't affect anything, but will get inconvenienced by any nerfs just the same.

However, if a player who does use public mode and/or recruits selective unknowns for groups and engages in this behavior, they have set the stage for the reactions you see on the forums now.