The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework [Megathread]

Djangofett

Finally. DE decided to make slash dashing use the methodology in Archwing Melee.

I need this. Naou!

For those who didn't watch Dev Stream:

- Slash dash is gonna be " Ping-Ponging" between enemies as shown in the end of Archwing Trailer/ Continuous melee attacks on  mob's of enemies in Archwing, within a cone shaped Radius. IE: Series of Multi slashes on enemies within the said Radius. Also it can be used to get to higher grounds due to it being directional as well. Truly versatile and better mobility.

- Radial Blind will be usable while not being stationary and it will also make the enemies vulnerable to Finishers. ( Customer finishers specially created for his energy sword )

- Super Jump is getting removed due to the upcoming charged jumps coming with Parkour 2.0 which will make Super Jump redundant and obsolete.

- Radial Javelin is gonna become the new 3.

- New Ultimate is going to make Excalibur wield an energy sword which sends out energy slashes aligned with the direction of melee attack as shown below. Wont be invincible during ultimate unlike Hysteria, albeit he will auto parry. Skill will be based on Duration. Strength varies with equipped melee weapon. Also slide attack creates a mini version of the Radial Blind, with an overall smaller radius.

Check this for real time demo!

Rework will hit next week according to Scott on Devstream #54. Along with his new helmet and Skin.

Edited by -OP-Skretax

Please. Tell me everything you know about this. In detail. PLEASE.

Well if I interpret it right, Slash Dash will sorta auto target enemies in a cone area and Slash Dash them in a pinball manner.

and the new 4th will become stance-like ability, same on Valkyr's Hysteria

RIP Super Jump, you were loved (by me at least)

to quote myself

Rework confirm

Slash dash- A series of dash in a cone of enemies (think AW) can be cancelled by melee (will instantly equip melee at end)

Blind- It will be more on the move

Superjump-Removed finally (Parkour 2.0 will have charge jumps making it even more redundant)

Radial Javelin-Will be tweaked to be his new third.

His new ult will he equips his energy sword and his slashes will create energy waves.

The last frame that was reworked like this was rhino and he was amazing at the time. I'm fully ready for excalibur.

Superjump is joining Overheat in the dumpster.

RIP.

Yes. RIP :(

Super Jump is not that useful during combat, Unless you just want to flee, or so everyone says.

It's useful for mobility, and is better than parkour, imo.

They're getting rid of Super Jump :( I've actually used it. I like it. I like that great vertical movement. It's not a hassle like Parkour is.

Thier getting rid of super jump, I actually enjoyed that ability and use it well...never guessed a rework was really needed.

I actually like it as well, it is versatile and fun to sue imo >,.,>

use it while you can!

And he will used 'energy sword' instead if equipped melee weapon meaning it will be crappy damage useless above lvl~30

If it's anything like Valkyr's caws it's likely going to be very strong

This, it's highly likely that it will involve some base scaling based on your weapon.

Well, we're going to have charged jumps for Parkour 2.0, so that will make Super Jump redundant.

Also, the idea of his new ult really reminds me of the Arc Blade in Destiny - am I alone in this?

Dont forget the Sword Rebellion in Devil May Cry :)