The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework [Megathread]

Djangofett

Since Excalibur is getting a sweet rework,he`s basically gonna turn into the king of melee......

which is the opposite of the queen of guns,Mesa.....and if Mesa gets small passives buffs based on sidearms...

Shouldn`t Excalibur get small passives based on melee?

E.g. +50 health or damage when a single sword melee weapon is equipped. Or maybe +50% channeling effieciency when a melee is equiped?

idk

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

His ult will be effect by the melee weapon that is equiped. I think that enough >.>

Oh great... Rather than making it it's own thing they use this nonsense again? I thought they learned from Valkyr than making they abilities rely on their weaponry is a S#&$ idea to begin with.

Powercreep be much too real.

Oh great... Rather than making it it's own thing they use this nonsense again? I thought they learned from Valkyr than making they abilities rely on their weaponry is a S#&$ idea to begin with.

Iirc they're doing it in a way that doesn't force you to use a certain type of weapon (eg valkyr with high damage crit) to get the most out of it. So let's hold out hope...

They did and so they made Mesa.

...and it turned out into a worse powercreep than before.

I must be the only one who wasn't impressed by what they showed of his rework on the devstream :/

Nor I understand how you ppl already know so much about his rework, since only animations were shown so far.

I must be the only one who wasn't impressed by what they showed of his rework on the devstream :/

Nor I understand how you ppl already know so much about his rework, since only animations were shown so far.

Did you watch the devstream before this one? Reb played with his reworked loadout live.

Guys, Scott confirmed passives for Excal a bit ago on his twitter: https://twitter.com/GooseDE/status/606650281409933312

And I personally hate the idea that your equipped melee will affect the Ult, it's stupid. I'd much rather have us just be able to use either our equipped melee or the energy sword when activating it, switching them out at will. 

Edited by Jahadaya

Ooooh. If his ult is affected by the weapon equipped then I know which weapon I will be using constantly on him : ) Le Dwagon Nikurna

Im planning on running the anku on him when the excal rework and anku get to the ps4. it has decent base damage, just under the dragon nikana, but it has viable crit stats. this is of course if his ult works like valkyrs hysteria, taking base damage and crit stats only. I really hope the other mods are taken into account to. elementals and stuff. makes it hard to not try to sacrifice your out of ability melee to make your ability better

Did you watch the devstream before this one? Reb played with his reworked loadout live.

Exactly.

We only saw how the new powers gonna behave/look.

All the enemies were melee only (so they weren't shooting at excal)

They seem to be low or middle tier (so they are fragile)

So yah, I wasn't impressed at all, since I didn't see his ultimate have any CC, or have any-other effect to compensate the melee only fight style.

Edited by 7grims