The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework [Megathread]

Djangofett

Well yea, as a third power I expect it to be more focused on utility than damage, as the ulti is supposed to be the best power.

Dunno how they could do that without reworking RJ completely honestly, but still...

How about: A wall of swords appear around Excal in a 180-270 degrees in the direction he is facing when he draws the sword, he plants it, a portion flies out and damages and staggers enemies, he pulls sword out and a 2nd voley goes and damages and knocks them down? It would mean that will become like the Original RJ, where swords originate from Excalibur and target them from there instead of just appearing near the enemy.

Like Mag's Crush is now: 3 ticks of damage, but Excal will be 2 instead.

Edited by Kao-Snake

How about: A wall of swords appear around Excal in a 180-270 degrees in the direction he is facing when he draws the sword, he plants it, a portion flies out and damages and staggers enemies, he pulls sword out and a 2nd voley goes and damages and knocks them down? It would mean that will become like the Original RJ, where swords originate from Excalibur and target them from there instead of just appearing near the enemy.

Like Mag's Crush is now: 3 ticks of damage, but Excal will be 2 instead.

The changes you suggest sound like they belong on a "4" power not a "3."

@OP I just can't wait for my first and favorite WF to finally not suck giant dong. All they've done since CB is nerf the S#&$ out of him over and over again.

The changes you suggest sound like they belong on a "4" power not a "3."

@OP I just can't wait for my first and favorite WF to finally not suck giant dong. All they've done since CB is nerf the S#&$ out of him over and over again.

Our hopes have been regained. He is my favorite warframe regardless of his stats and I truly hope this rework will make him more unique and fun to use.

Our hopes have been regained. He is my favorite warframe regardless of his stats and I truly hope this rework will make him more unique and fun to use.

yeah, but something just came to me: who will be the next frame people will ask for Rep farms?

yeah, but something just came to me: who will be the next frame people will ask for Rep farms?

There is already another frame for rep farm. ( Mesa )

Mesa, Mag, Nekros and Frost/Limbo camps on top of the box, Capture all points or 2. Activate Peacemaker. Spam pull. Spam Desec. Globe for protection. And if you want everyone in your team to get equal XP or Rep, Replace Frost with another Mesa and each Mesa will also get same amount of rep and XP.

There is already another frame for rep farm. ( Mesa )

Mesa, Mag, Nekros and Frost/Limbo camps on top of the box, Capture all points or 2. Activate Peacemaker. Spam pull. Spam Desec. Globe for protection. And if you want everyone in your team to get equal XP or Rep, Replace Frost with another Mesa and each Mesa will also get same amount of rep and XP.

Urgh... I'm really happy Excal wont be used for that anymore.

Also this is just a vanity thing but I hope that the excalibro prime 4th ability sword will look primed... that would be so dope =D.

Would be. I think I heard Scott say that it would be a sort of energy sword.. but then even energy swords can look primed.

I feel like all of the early Warframes need to be looked at because the tech has come a very long way since the frames were released. Steve even said in the stream that Excalibur predated some of the systems that are in place now like parkour and melee.

He was also known as the frame who had a dedicated skill to jump. And javelin is remaining but it is being tweaked to fit his 3rd.

No one said javelin was not remaining.

There's no getting around that Radial Javelin was the actual iconic skill.  Stating otherwise would just be foolish.

I did, however, receive a better explanation of the new ultimate and directional sword energy and it slightly swayed my view.

Still, prep for a major nerf of radial jav with it's move to 3.  The days of 'you shall not pass' are over.  Enjoy what time there is left.

editing: because I suppose that I have to be specific (once seeing this next post)  Most iconic skill within the Warframe community.*

Edited by HawKish

Slash dash is his iconic skill... It's featured in like all the cgi movies and whatnot. He was a melee beast before the radial blind nerf, and after people started using him for radial javelin. He was such boss with radial blind back in the day, one of the best if not the best large scale cc in the game man, plus it gave you the stealth modifier bonus dmg for melee, max range radial blind + D.Ninkana use to melt so much face it's not even funny, all you would see is flying body parts everywhere.

Slash dash is his iconic skill... It's featured in like all the cgi movies and whatnot. He was a melee beast before the radial blind nerf, and after people started using him for radial javelin. He was such boss with radial blind back in the day, one of the best if not the best large scale cc in the game man, plus it gave you the stealth modifier bonus dmg for melee, max range radial blind + D.Ninkana use to melt so much face it's not even funny, all you would see is flying body parts everywhere.

YOU WERE THERE! 

*hugs*

I cry everytime I see excalibro vets ! Despite my long time maining him it's rare to see someone who was there when he was at his peak!

YOU WERE THERE! 

*hugs*

I cry everytime I see excalibro vets ! Despite my long time maining him it's rare to see someone who was there when he was at his peak!

I was on hiatus when he was at his peak, I cry everytime I use him now. Old CBT Excal is almost better than what we have now...

So funny though people would b$&@# and moan about the radial blind build back in the day saying, excalibro is a one trick pony and such... *sigh* I have all the frames and my playtime is something like 86% on excalibro over some 800 hours if game time or whatever it is, w/e I'm just so glad that DE is not afraid to do a complete rework and overhaul. He is and always will be my main frame... Excalibros unite! *brofist*

I won't touch that 4 if it locks me into melee.

If it worked like Chroma buff skills which doesn't lock me in, I will be fine.

Now the moves are flashy but I don't see any CC or what so ever.

They better have a knock down or juggle after every hit or an AOE stun of 15m to 25m on a slam, if they want us to use it regularly.

I won't touch that 4 if it locks me into melee.

If it worked like Chroma buff skills which doesn't lock me in, I will be fine.

Now the moves are flashy but I don't see any CC or what so ever.

They better have a knock down or juggle after every hit or an AOE stun of 15m to 25m on a slam, if they want us to use it regularly.

It doesn't lock you in as you can equip your regular melee by clicking melee button but then it takes you out of the 4th ability, Scott said its gonna be toggleable.

when will we get to use Excalibur 2.0?

U16.5: Probably, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

U17: Most likely.

Somewhere around 16.5 - 17, hoping earlier, but I dont think its likely. It's a shame PS4 and Xbone wont get it for longer, at least we will iron out the bugs that will come with the changes.

It's funny because at the very beginning he was completely different, I remember he as a real starter frame only.

Then the RB era started and it was awesome, best Excalibur we ever had in warframe history so far; the following nerf shocked me and when they turned him into a farming monster I just thought he was out of place.

Now...well now it's just unplayable unless you're a true lover as I am or you have an Excalibur Prime, as people seems to have nothing to say if you want to bring in the Prime version, while I've been kicked off with the standard one quite often, like if they were different somehow...

Really hope the next rework is to stay!

It's funny because at the very beginning he was completely different, I remember he as a real starter frame only.

Then the RB era started and it was awesome, best Excalibur we ever had in warframe history so far; the following nerf shocked me and when they turned him into a farming monster I just thought he was out of place.

Now...well now it's just unplayable unless you're a true lover as I am or you have an Excalibur Prime, as people seems to have nothing to say if you want to bring in the Prime version, while I've been kicked off with the standard one quite often, like if they were different somehow...

Really hope the next rework is to stay!

Do you think that Excalibur needed the rework more then frost? I know that they moved up Excalibur due to popular demand, but just thinking analytically, which one do you think needed it more? 

Do you think that Excalibur needed the rework more then frost? I know that they moved up Excalibur due to popular demand, but just thinking analytically, which one do you think needed it more? 

excal needed the rework more than frost, yes. he was playable, however he was very lack luster and his whole kit was outdated. frost has his uses still so i don't think he needs it right away. not saying that frost should stay as is. all pre vauban frames should get a bit of loving, but excal was in need of a total rework, where frost might need a couple tweaks