The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework [Megathread]

Djangofett

Exactly.

We only saw how the new powers gonna behave/look.

All the enemies were melee only (so they weren't shooting at excal)

They seem to be low or middle tier (so they are fragile)

So yah, I wasn't impressed at all, since I didn't see his ultimate have any CC, or have any-other effect to compensate the melee only fight style.

Then change your original statement, please. You said "All we've seen are animations so far" and "I don't know how you people know so much about this rework." We know enough about it now, we've seen more than animations, so your "Exactly." statement makes 0 sense. We've seen how it behaves, how it functions, etc. That's more than animation.

Edited by LazerSkink

His ult will be effect by the melee weapon that is equiped. I think that enough >.>

That's not a passive. That's simply how Valkyr's ult works.

Since Excalibur is getting a sweet rework,he`s basically gonna turn into the king of melee......

I hope. I'm pretty damn sure that Valkyr is still going to be FAR more effective than him but I suspect he'll be much more fun.

Will his ult scale melee wep atk spd? If so then Dragon Nikana everywhere. If it only scales base dmg, crit chance, and crit dmg like Valkyr's ult, then prepare to see a bunch of Excals runnin with Scindo Primes and Jet Kittehs+^_^+

If it works the same way as Valkyr's (which is what I'm scared of) then yep it'll be most effective in terms of his ult to run with Scindo Primes. That would sadden me greatly.

The "melee weapon affects how the ult behave" could be interesting, if they don't just make it simply affecting the damage like Valkyr.

It can be done by different melee types giving the ult different effects, similar to energy color affecting Chroma's skills, 

Eg.  

Hammers and Heavy Blades: Sword waves are largest in range, ragdoll enemies in the path, but are slowest in speed (and maybe shortest distance.)

Normal swords / Dual swords:  The basic waves form. Normal wave range and speed, guaranteed slash procs. Dual swords will split the waves into two in half wave range etc.

Scythe / Whip : Larger than normal wave range, normal speed, affected enemies will be pushed and grouped into a point.

Polearms etc: Normal waves range, faster than normal speed, small stagger just like impact proc

daggers / dual daggers: Smallest in wave range, fastest in speed. Innate punch through, puncture proc. Greater critical damage.

Thrown melees : Smaller than normal waves range, furthest in travel distance. Slight homing effects and has a tendency to U-turn.

Sth like this would be great and fruitful in varieties,  not like "one type of melee will be the best" IMO.

ps. I probably missed some types, but that's the basic idea.

Edited by climatiseur

the only thing i'm a bit antsy about is the fact that we've been given no info at all on how RJ will function now that separates it from RB as radial CC

The same? They just said its going down as his third ability.

ps. I probably missed some types, but that's the basic idea.

Interesting idea and it would be cool to see DE implement that.

BTW how would you do it with the redeemer?

Interesting idea and it would be cool to see DE implement that.

BTW how would you do it with the redeemer?

I am not sure, since I haven't intensively used it for many times. But at this moment I probably would group it into the dagger type. Because to me its signature is the bullet-firing feature, and that somehow resembles to daggers in my mind. But I can imagine other people would have different impression of it.

Exactly.

We only saw how the new powers gonna behave/look.

All the enemies were melee only (so they weren't shooting at excal)

They seem to be low or middle tier (so they are fragile)

So yah, I wasn't impressed at all, since I didn't see his ultimate have any CC, or have any-other effect to compensate the melee only fight style.

He has auto parry.

Then change your original statement, please. You said "All we've seen are animations so far" and "I don't know how you people know so much about this rework." We know enough about it now, we've seen more than animations, so your "Exactly." statement makes 0 sense. We've seen how it behaves, how it functions, etc. That's more than animation.

=_=

We seen how it works, as in we seen reb playing, as it we seen the animation of the abilities...

So what else have we seen that you all know so much, and all are talking about since there is no info?

You are the one making zero sense, what else have you seen besides what reb showed???

Many ppl here are already assuming buff in this or that, is abilities working like valkyr etc etc, all conjecture.

YOU are the reason why people say you can't please everyone

I actually liked the old-old exca, then it was stupidly destroyed because of whatever reason they thought RB was too OP, then they made him into a OP spam frame, then they destroyed it again when he became the god of draco.

And now I'm seeing after all that, we still getting a frame that isnt good.

All you ppl are already happy and cheerful like little school girls, I prefer to stay on the fence, until they prove that the new ultimate haves any use at all.

If he only becomes a buffed melee mode, then what kind of ultimate is that? A bad one I would say, since the myth of "melee only is viable in  high tiers" as already been debunked as bullsh*t.

Edited by 7grims