The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework [Megathread]

Djangofett

Since Excalibur is getting a sweet rework,he`s basically gonna turn into the king of melee......

which is the opposite of the queen of guns,Mesa.....and if Mesa gets small passives buffs based on sidearms...

Shouldn`t Excalibur get small passives based on melee?

E.g. +50 health or damage when a single sword melee weapon is equipped. Or maybe +50% channeling effieciency when a melee is equiped?

idk

Maybe he will maybe not.. One thing for sure is that valkyr over there got me looking like..

giphy.gif

But I think its a good idea giving excalibur a small passive that encourages melee play like a higher melee counter or one of the passives you mentioned (That would be icing on cake for the new rework).

I'm still skeptical like some of the others on this thread though. I want to see how excalibur new attacks work when ranged enemies are also attacking you and some other details people mentioned but I'll save that for another time until I actually used his updated abilities myself . Hope this 5 forma'd excal pays off. If not, ill still have fun with it

Edited by Rodee7

=_=

We seen how it works, as in we seen reb playing, as it we seen the animation of the abilities...

So what else have we seen that you all know so much, and all are talking about since there is no info?

You are the one making zero sense, what else have you seen besides what reb showed???

Many ppl here are already assuming buff in this or that, is abilities working like valkyr etc etc, all conjecture.

You say we've only seen things. That is correct, so I cannot use any argument to support his ult now because no one has used it themselves. However, you proceed to ask me what I've seen besides what Reb showed? So, I'm supposed to make another useless conjecture? You're asking me to provide something you've already decided to go against.

Auto Parry/Blocking while his using Energy Sword.....GOD IM GONNA ENJOY IT SO MUCH!

that was perfect! a sense of countermeasure when engaging in close quarter combat and when there's few long range enemies on the area..

very good job for DE!

im thinking a good weapon for him will be the anku if it works like hysteria. decent base damage, good crit, and still gives me a fun weapon when not in sword mode. plus the energy free blinds in his ulti will be kinda nice. just hope they give him a bit more survivability in this mode than auto parry since most enemies use guns and parrying doesnt do jack against guns. maybe a small amount of damage reduction or make it so he has a much larger amount of stamina for blocking. if theyd give us infinite blocking in the ulti thatd be good to...

All you ppl are already happy and cheerful like little school girls, I prefer to stay on the fence, until they prove that the new ultimate haves any use at all.

If he only becomes a buffed melee mode, then what kind of ultimate is that? A bad one I would say, since the myth of "melee only is viable in  high tiers" as already been debunked as bullsh*t.

His ult also does a smaller version of radial blind on slide attacks.

So, the new slash dash, auto targets and then starts killing nearby enemies, cool right?

But, do you remember that someone apart from excalibur can use slash dash?

Yes, im talking about that coward.

Now im expecting this situation:

"You wont leave here alive!"

Player: "Shi-"

Entire team dead.

His ult also does a smaller version of radial blind on slide attacks.

That's the kind of misconception ppl are passing around in the forums lately...

if u saw a radial blind its cause beka used radial blind, that no longer haves an animation, cant be triggered at any time

if u saw exca closing the gap between enemies during the ult, that's cause beka used slash-dash.

Edited by 7grims

That's the kind of misconception ppl are passing around in the forums lately...

if u saw a radial blind its cause beka used radial blind, that no longer haves an animation, cant be triggered at any time

if u saw exca closing the gap between enemies during the ult, that's cause beka used slash-dash.

So clearly you actually haven't watched the stream with Rebecca playing new Excal. Reb directly asks Geoff what that was, and he explains that the Ult spin attack also releases a mini-radial blind.

Stalker's getting a complete rework too, so we don't know if he'll even have Slash Dash, much less if it'll work anything like the new Excal's.

EDIT: Although, he used to Teleport directly to you and then melee with Hate while you were staggered, IIRC... so it's not a stretch.

Edited by AgentSkye

More like :   Stalker:``You wont leave here alive !``

Player : *Press 4*

Stalker:``Oops wrong tenno...``

You haven't faced the Stalker very often, have you?

Stalker will use the new slash dash? : YES PLEASE!

I really wish th stalker can bring serious freak out to everyone when he spawn..

i mean come on.....our version of stalker now is like a bigass joke or a bonus round for the majority of the players.