Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Exalted blade is broken.

155% strength, 30lvl.

Deals whooping 270 dmg against all enemies on first 5 waves of sechura, tbh looking at my melee i would consider it useful if it did 4k at least. Also does around 4k dmg on finishers.

Doesnt benefit from mods, tried both with crit mods and without them and it barely crits in both cases.

Channeling doesnt work, drains energy for 0 benefit.

Edited by Davoodoo

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with a paid exclusive warframe being better than a base model. Talking specifically about excal prime having more armor.

It's just 25 more armor. It's not like he's getting 100 more energy, 200 more health, or 200 more shields on top of it. It's a pretty minor buff to excal prime, which is just perfect imo.

The new slash dash looks really cool but it's also really finnicky.  Sometimes it attacks one person and then stops, sometimes several people, etc. all when there's tons of enemies in the cone.

With the ability like this it's actually far less effective than the old slash dash.  Hopefully this bug can be addressed.

I predicted this day one.

I will target a number of enemies at the start of the cast but if the enemies moves the ability wont compensate.

Let's see how long it will take to fix this.

slash dash is kinda buggy sometimes it will effect targets in a cone then sometimes it will only hit one.

Are you meant to be vulnerable while using the ability?

4th skill: damage is terrible dk if its working right

the blind is terrible for the 4th skill its small I need to basically be next to the enemy

so there is no survivability in the 4th skill really then no protection except for an auto parry which cant block enemy's fire from sides or back

Edited by tris1

Quoting myself from here

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/466704-thanks-for-watching-devstream-53/page-3#entry5200697

The way Excal's new ult worked in the stream looks rather disappointing. A wave slash on each strike feels like a waste of energy. I have a suggestion: give it a function similar to glaive and bow type weapons, where holding the attack button will charge the sword, and releasing the button will launch an expanding wave. It could be made time-affected, where the longer it is held, the greater is the charge (up to a certain limit, say, 200% for holding it 3 seconds, and 80% for a quick 1 second, affected by natural talent of course). Also, each melee hit when the ult is active could build up the speed and strength of the strikes up to additional 15%*power_strength for 5 seconds, 1% per 2 strikes, with a cool down rate of 1% per second after these 5 sec.

This way it wont be boring.

Aaand please remove this forced forward motion.

DE

So far the Excal rework is beautiful! I am loving it. However...

Exalted blade suffers from the same issues that Valkyr's hysteria does: poor damage output due to how it works with melee weapon mods.

let's make this simple. No need for complicated equations and taking certain mods but not others.....

Make these special weapons take ALL mods you have equipped on your weapon into account with a buff to the damage output and crit chance.

Done and done.

EDIT:

The design intent is:

Slash Dash damage scales off of all melee mods.
Exalted Blade damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade waves scale off of all melee mods.

Will look to see what's up - if anyone can post details (Damage #'s vs enemies) it'll help troubleshoot! Also include relevant loadout details (i.e my Radiant Finish Augment skews damage numbers, etc).

Oh really? well good then.

Also I'd like to be able to channel and get all affects of my melee mods during Excatled blade as well.

Let me burn that extra energy to get lifestrike if I want to.

Edited by Ronyn

Two words

Nobitsura Kage

I'm loving exalted blade but it seriously reminds me of the playstyle of Shadow Warrior once you achieve the full form of the Nobitsura Kage with Ki waves launching with every swing. Don't get me wrong I think it is awesome, but I just wanted to point that out.

Energy waves launched from swords is a pretty common thing in fiction, to be honest.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Well so you want his #4 to also be able to channel while draining energy?

Heck yes I do.

It's Lifestrike is what will allow him to fight in melee range once things get hard.

If I want to burn extra energy than let me.

So i was testing out excal, i had a problem

I had excal from yesterday (i was getting ready for the rework lol) but i didn't get the exalted stance idk why, is it a bug or something? if you could please fix it in the next hotfix so i can slice more efficiently with my lightsaber xD

Edit:

i just got confused because of the text Fusion 1 Needed, so, yea....., sorry xD

Edited by xXDark_Knight

* Moving Radial Blind -> Radial Jav replays the RB anim in triplicate.

* RB stealth prompts don't show, although the finishers trigger correctly.

* I think Exalted Blade slide blind doesn't seem to trigger stealth finishers. idk if intended and need to verify that one more rigorously anyway.

-New Slash dash is good

-New Ult is meh. Don't get me wrong i really love the design that is great but the damage...

I was playing Kappa so not that high level jus tto test it out. With max Intensifie and Blind Rage i was doing something around 50 dmg on a bombard and that was just lvl 18 or so. Thats way to low for an Ult.

Also the Combos, what are they good for? They were slower then just spamming quick melee and did no extra damage or anything else.

That two things should be looked at then its all good.

Edit: Just saw Rebecas post, scaling on his Ult doesn't seem to work then.

Edited by Evers

I was hoping you'd just do this, but just to add weight to the argument: Please allow melee 'modes' such as Excalibur's Exalted Blade and Valkyr's Hysteria to take into consideration a wider variety of melee mods so that I feel less forced into using specific builds to favor them. Thank you~ 

Abilty to charge up this energy sword would be nice too.

I mean now we are able to do swings which are releasing strams of energy with constant fixed range. It would be nice if we could be able to charge this attack to do High damage Horizontal cut in a wider cone.

Slash Dash damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade waves scale off of all melee mods.

I'm not fond of this at all. We're just stuck with melee crit builds for effectiveness, then? On the frame who's designed to work well with a very wide variety of weapons?

I don't understand why these abilities don't just get high base damage and scale from your frame's Strength and nothing more. Players shouldn't be shoehorned into certain weapon selections/builds for their Frame's ability to be effective; there should be more build variety than that.

Just increase the base damage of these abilities and let us choose what melee weapons we want. I should be able to pick an exploding Glaive build and not have my 4 suck because of it.

OT:

My feedback--

1. Slash Dash doesn't properly aim in the direction of the camera; there's a maximum angle at which you can SD away from the ground. Bad news for all the folks out there who enjoyed SJ as a mobility tool; we're now forced to use large melee weapons to replicate the effect. Not saying that we should get full Tailwind-like control, but could you guys at least increase the maximum angle so we can actually use SD to jump onto platforms?

Also, Slash Dash will prioritize enemies over camera direction. So if you have even one enemy in front of you, SD can no longer be used to dodge even if you aim straight up. You will instead leap right into danger when that's the opposite of what you want to do.

2. Radial Blind has completely ruined my ability to chop up large crowds of enemies at once. Can we have an option to move Finishers from Melee (E) to Contextual Use (X)? Because I told my Excal to slide attack through ten enemies at once, not perform a pathetically slow completely-overkill Finisher on that level 1 Butcher at the front.

3. Radial Javelin has not changed?! Are you kidding me, DE? The one ability in most desperate need of a rework stays exactly as it is?!

4. (updated 16.9.1) Exalted Blade's waves are currently unaffected by mods. They also don't line up with camera direction properly, so scoring headshots is difficult to impossible.

I main a pure-Melee Excal, and thanks mainly to the fact that RB won't let me hit multiple enemies anymore, this update actually feels like more of a nerf than anything.

Edited by SortaRandom

I'm not fond of this at all. We're just stuck with melee crit builds for effectiveness, then? On the frame who's designed to work well with a very wide variety of weapons?

I don't understand why these abilities don't just get high base damage and scale from your frame's Strength and nothing more. Players shouldn't be shoehorned into certain weapon selections/builds for their Frame's ability to be effective; there should be more build variety than that.

Just increase the base damage of these abilities and let us choose what melee weapons we want.

I agree with this to be honest. I don't always like to use weapons because of there max power potential

Just increase the base damage of these abilities and let us choose what melee weapons we want.

Scaling only considers melee mods, not melee weapons. The underlying weapon isn't a factor, it's the mods installed that matter for scaling (when it's hotfixed tonight).