Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

So many different opinions and so many solutions.

Before I continue I must say that before this last patch came on I was doing a t3 void mission.... with almost no relevant weapon mods, then I switched back to my main, with fully ranked mods and tried the same and..... meh

And to be honest I find this rework has given excalibur some life, but it still needs work.

1 - Slash dash mechanics have changed. But the way it should work is that even if it doesnt kill a mob, it should still go all the way (range).

2 - How much more damage do we get on all attacks and abilities when exalted blade is on? Is it more powerful than using radial blind + slide attack old tactic? Blind on a slide attack with ultimate is a waste of a good slide with increased damage, plus that flash light effect is so flashy that it hurts my eyes! A slide attack should do a slide attack + a charged energy blade projection. :) how about that?

3 - Radial blind ability: finishers vs normal stealth attacks? I would choose steath attacks every day! Faster!! Nuff said.

4 - No change to radial javelin? I can do more damage on my volt's ult.... in void......

5 - I am not a fan of skana.... no choptering, no range and the weapon model just makes me want to sell it.... and then I remeber I can't :)

6 - stat boost = awesome!

7 - skins look great!

8 - love the energy blades by the way... Not it's damage though.

9 - augment mods?

10 - Very fun to play with!

To sum things up. And please keep in mind this is my opinion, and it should be respected even if you disagree.

Skana meh, not a fan! Ult needs more power! Please change slide attack's blind on ult with something... anything.... a slide attack perhaps? Radial javelin is just old...!

Slash Dash: 

I propose to have the mechanics change to a more controllable mode, where the player can choose to prioritize movement or enemy targeting:

OPTION 1:

Tap button for a straight movement towards the reticule, hold for a quick "charge" animation and go pinball on enemies. 

The tap would be the "oh-S#&$" evasive funciont, and would take priority. 

The "charge" (hold power button) would be quick, e.g. 0.5 seconds.

OPTION 2: 

On releasing power button, does the "movement"  priority, towards the reticule regardless of enemies.

If clicking the melee attack while the power button is down, upon release Excalibur pinballs on enemies instead. 

Would require actual testing to check which mode would be better. 

But any of them are preferable over the current model where enemy targeting trumps evasive movement (e.g. aim high and jump to ledge). 

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

Yup, I will miss it.

And reading all those negative comments "Super Jump Useless" it is funny to think that when Closed Beta was around U5/6 people were posting that it is OP and should be removed for balance's sake/made universal to all frames.

That was before wall running, directional melee and other even more effective movement powers were introduced in game. The ability is pretty outdated.

That Excal is so cool, I love him BUT better would be increase dmg of his ultimate ability and this ability should ignore armor. That would be perfect! 

And please remove blind from the 4th ability because this is useless. :/

Edited by CGs_Knackie

Excals slash dash dosnt deal damage when an enemy is moving away from Excal. He will dash to the enemy but they will move away from him while he is doing the slash animation and it will miss the target. Also what mods effect his energy drain for Exalted Blade? Ive tried both Efficiency and duration but both drain at the same rate. Also I thought that is Alt was supposed to be on a timer not an energy drain. 

The design intent is:

Slash Dash damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade waves scale off of all melee mods.

Will look to see what's up - if anyone can post details (Damage #'s vs enemies) it'll help troubleshoot! Also include relevant loadout details (i.e my Radiant Finish Augment skews damage numbers, etc).

The uh, new Excal profile video says Exalted Blade scales off of weapon. Gonna misinform a lot of players

In my opinion radial javalin is very useless, super jump is very useful combined whit radial blind.

I have to agree with this one. We need super jump back, or at least allow the press 4 sword to have a long distance directional melee aerial attack so we can get to high ground again just like super jump. Radial blind doesn't really need to be there since its literally apart of press 4. We need our versatility back.

I have to agree with this one. We need super jump back, or at least allow the press 4 sword to have a long distance directional melee aerial attack so we can get to high ground again just like super jump. Radial blind doesn't really need to be there since its literally apart of press 4. We need our versatility back.

The devstream from a few weeks back said that SJ would effectively be merged with Slash Dash, but I'm not really seeing that at all.

- We can't aim it more than a pathetic ~30 degrees above the horizontal.

- Momentum from midaor SDs are not maintained; you come to a full stop the instant the animation ends. Makes you a very easy target for every enemy around you.

- If an enemy is in front of us, pressing 1 will charge right into the enemy's face no matter how high we aim the camera.

If they change these three things, then I'll accept the new SD as a viable replacement for SJ. But until then, I feel like Directional Melee is just going to have to do (which is saying something, since most directional melees can't dodge nullifier bullet storms for crap).

Edited by SortaRandom

I .. don't think this was ready to be released. I mean sure, it's new and shiny but now DE is gonna be working on this instead of all the other things they should be working on, with the bugs and all. Did someone think of the E3 joke and you were just like yeah let's go? They should have at least waited until they were finished with Parkour 2.0 and stamina considering how they might affect this and how it works. Tbh I think channeling needs to be looked hard at as well as the melee system in general. And then there are the various in game bugs.  

More than tripling his base armour seems like overkill to me, unless there's a universal armour buff around the corner for the other frames. I guess that's one way to make a frame more effective in melee situations. Slash dash going to enemies rather than through enemies could be mitigated by this, though still not a fan. Mobility and versatility suffers.  

The forced finishers are awful tbh and take fluidity from gameplay as well as wasting precious blind time.  I don't like the finishers in normal gameplay either though fyi, so that could just be me.  They do not appear to be consistent or necessary most of the time.  A simple back attack mechanic would be absolutely fine, most weapons animations are solid anyway.

I don't like the design of the ult because of one thing, mainly.  I like my melee weapons, and I like the stances that are on them. The thought of needing to track down or purchase a stance mod is annoying too. I don't think I want to slide to radial blind when I could just cast a better  and more reliable version of it. I don't want to use energy to make a sword when I have a perfectly good one, or use energy to shoot a wave when I have guns to shoot. So in one word? Redundancy.

My suggestion would just to be to fully incorporate the melee weapon into the ult and make it glow or something.  That way you get to keep your chosen weapon and stance.  Leave the energy waves, it's still a cool idea, but it wouldn't be the awkward slashing anymore without a stance. Sort of meh on the blind for the reasons stated above. Circular energy wave on directional melee could be cool but I'm just brainstorming now.

I love your game DE, but sometimes I can't help but think you're building on a cracked foundation.

More than tripling his base armour seems like overkill to me, unless there's a universal armour buff around the corner for the other frames. I guess that's one way to make a frame more effective in melee situations. Slash dash going to enemies rather than through enemies could be mitigated by this, though still not a fan. Mobility and versatility suffers.  

The forced finishers are awful tbh and take fluidity from gameplay as well as wasting precious blind time.  I don't like the finishers in normal gameplay either though fyi, so that could just be me.  They do not appear to be consistent or necessary most of the time.  A simple back attack mechanic would be absolutely fine, most weapons animations are solid anyway.

I don't like the design of the ult because of one thing, mainly.  I like my melee weapons, and I like the stances that are on them. The thought of needing to track down or purchase a stance mod is annoying too. I don't think I want to slide to radial blind when I could just cast a better  and more reliable version of it. I don't want to use energy to make a sword when I have a perfectly good one, or use energy to shoot a wave when I have guns to shoot. So in one word? Redundancy.

Armour: It's fine, he's a melee frame and that requires him to be in the line of fire more than frames like Volt.

Forced Finishers: I agree, SortaRandom has made several threads detailing a solution, i suggest you look for them.

Ult: In one word? Opinion. Personally i love it and pretty much everyone else seems to love it. It doesn't need any changes.

just a suggestion though. make it so excal is immune to knock back while using EB. can't seem to block heavy gunner / bombard knock downs unless I roll.

Oh god, heavy knockdowns are the worst. Running in with Slash Dash will cause the heavies to super-armor the hit with their knockdown ability, and boom, you're on your butt the exact instant the animation ends.

It's like when people take advantage of specific mechanics to ignore knockdowns in various PVP games, only these are bots that do it automatically and without failure.

Edited by SortaRandom

So as I watch people now spam excal (which I hope dies down cause I was still rocking with em before he become the favor of the month Q_Q)....it occurred to me that something was missing. The skill itself is nice but the animations of it just need more oomph to reach it's full potential. Something that would make this skill have more flair then it already has!

Two Words......Yoda jumps~

zk9mfpW.gif

Also strangely there aren't a lot of gifs of him fighting which i find..weird~so vid for full effect for the rare few that dont know what it looks like~

Thoughts? 

I can conclude that Exalted Blade is now as it should be and I can kill pretty much anything instantly (this is NOT an OP ultimate, just very powerful, such as they should be)

Although I do NOT like the aesthetics of the Exalted Blade (looks like a long toof pick)

Also, the waves should be able to deal crits, and status from longer distances

Anytime I wanna attack blinded enemies, I just always get locked into a finisher animation, forcing me to take out one individual enemy per strike. I'm not happy about this. If I wanted this effect, I'd use the mod.

So about the Radial Blind, the update notes said it was unchanged however now every attack is a finisher.... that's great and cool looking but it slows down combat a lot and most times the enemy isn't even there when you perform the finisher