Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

ultimate damage is terrible low, and the slash energy flies like a turtle, and mostly aims to the ground and makes it underwhelming, the combo is super slow also, doesn't justifies the terrible low damage

The energy waves fly towards your crosshair. If you are looking downwards, they will go down.

The damage is not low either.

The energy waves fly towards your crosshair. If you are looking downwards, they will go down.

The damage is not low either.

200 damage every slash? no thanks, i rather use my dragon nikana, blind everyone around me, and insta kill em all

Really like the new update by why did they go with a constant energy drain instead of duration...energy drain mobs ruin fun as always.

Because dealing with energy drain is easier than having to waste 2+ mod slot for duration ? And recasting every 10s , and various other annoyance.

Edited by VCD00IVI

I'm really liking the rework so far, enough so that I really regret selling my Excalibur Prime to the system back in the day.  The only thing that I can really see as far as his new ability goes (aside from the stated scaling and damage issues previously stated) is that the waves coming from his sword seem to look a bit too small.  I'm not expecting Getsuga Tensho from Bleach or Final Fantasy sword strikes but I want them to feel a bit more ultimate.  I also believe that he shouldn't freeze in place to draw his sword.  That animation got me wrecked while I was trying to check out his rework.  Either the animation should be faster or you should be able to run while he is drawing the energy sword.  It was also nice to see that a slide attack with his ultimate chained directly into a radial blind (although I didn't see if it drew additional energy to do so).

I appreciate the work DE.

Edit:

I know that the sword design is based off of the Skana but it looks a little flimsy.  Maybe use a larger model of it with denser energy effects to make it seem a bit more solid?  Just my two cents.

Edited by T3574M3N7

So about the Radial Blind, the update notes said it was unchanged however now every attack is a finisher....

This was mentioned in the update notes, actually.

I'm fully with you that they slow down combat; just pointing out that the update notes did indeed mention them. XD

I also believe that he shouldn't freeze in place to draw his sword.

Whoa, what? I've been able to cast while running around just fine.

So after some side by side testing with a friend, the scaling on the mods basically make it around the 500 damage range on low 30 level normal units with around 250 on heavies. it really feels like the scaling is similar to Hysteria which is a problem because later levels or even mid 35s start to build on health and armor which leaves both dropping in effectiveness and becoming minor tools with small gimmicks. Great idea but the scaling at least needs to start taking on at least a fraction of elemental damage which i think would go a long way. Also I still believe the finishers need on blind to go unless you use the blind augment as it breaks flow and slows him down to one enemy at a time rather than fluidly moving through enemies as his other abilities would suggest.

I think the new Slash Dash could use a little work, a little more default range, higher angles and maybe a small pause at the top like SJ had but not a big deal. I may be in a minority on this but the slide blind on the ult is awesome, super useful and I love it. I haven't heard a single person in game in either missions (almost entirely filled with excals, pretty strong evidence that he's well liked now) or my enormous alliance. Everyone is pretty pumped about it and I agree 100%. I do think the energy waves are a little weak but the ability itself is not, and I am SUPER GLAD you guys decided to use a toggle for this instead of duration. Energy waves seem a little inconsistent in damage too, sometimes it was seemingly hitting for 2-3k and sometimes it seemed like 2-300. May have just been a perception issue.

I grabbed the new helmet, the prisma pack and the protoskin (missed it last time). Dig all of it. Slam dunk A+

Grand Admiral Mak Gohae's thoughts on the Excalibur rework Ver 1.

You  must click on the link before reading the rest.

He is really offensive now. Like, running around throwing up middle fingers everywhere pulling down shorts, mega offensive.

Everything is about killing now. All his powers are just kill while i slide, stop so i can kill you, let me kill things around me, and imma swing my sword and things are going to be killed.

So he is a very one note frame. I had to remind myself to use RJ while i was running around testing because i pretty much just used RB and the new 4th.

So let's break this down.

SnD

This things need a lot of work.

First let's start with the SJ abilities. While using it vertically the power should use up 10 energy because at 25 this effect cannot be used as an easy escape ability. Having this at 10 meant that he wasnt a heavy energy use frame.

Secondly, the jumping is just waaay too fast. You dont even get a chance to look down to see where you are landing. This needs to be slowed to the hang time that SJ had. 

The cone needs to be changed to a rectangle similar to Oberon's HG so he could target everything in front. Several instances have ended with me just stand there with several enemies close to me untouched.

hcJz1Tu.jpg

I thought i was going to go 1,2,3, here but i just went to 1 and stood there.

Previous SnD had Ex just charge from start to finish. The current power stops if there are no enemies in range from the original cast point. So you end up stopping short a lot of time. I think the power should continue through even if there are no enemies to target.

And about stopping short, you just stop and stand there even if there are enemies are very close. I think the end of SnD Ex should perform a spin attack to stagger anything close by. Also, to warn us to when Ex is going to stop. Previous SnD you could tell when he was going to stop the charge. Now the power cast animation is just way too fast. 

Some bugs i saw was when activating the power through doors\portal Ex kills enemies on your side but doesnt follow through the door.

A big major one is that if he hits an enemy and doesnt kill them the power just stops. So if the first target to hit is a heavy or eximus with enough health to survive, that will be the only enemy hit.

As of right now this power is to erratic to be used for anything other than killing a couple enemies.

Not at all close to what it was.

RB

I think this is a tremendous Royale with cheese.

With some continuity on you can leave mobs standing there for some serious time.

People are bothered by the execution thing but since mobs just stand there you can pick and choose who to kill.

You can run straight to the heavies and kill them with one shot.

This power is TREMENDOUSLY strong.

I think this thing will be nerfed soon.

Heavies are now completely useless cause with the execution you kill them quickly. The Grineer ninja guy is also useless. I popped RB and did one execution which didnt kill him so he disappeared but he just stood in the place where he cloaked. So i just walked up and killed him.

I did use the Dakka prime which has some fast execution so i didnt have more trouble running around and killing.

And if i remember correctly, heavy weapons aoe when you execute so they should be fine in large groups.

I consider this power tremendously cheesy and i think it will be nerfed.

RJ

Spent way more time with the other powers to look at this one.

From the few times i used it the stagger that should happen if you dont kill an enemy wasnt working which is problematic.

Probably a bug.

Meh, nothing special. Same old, same old.

New 4th

Didnt really have a problem with only being able to move forward. The hadouken should be a bit faster. I was in that big cross room with all the turrets around the pillars and the trap in the middle and there were a whole mess of those flying shield things and i used the waves to kill them and the travel distance was soooo slow.

One graphical suggestion here is to NOT have the lights turn off like i was about to be attacked by assassin units because that freaks me out all the time.

Edit- one bug i am just remembering is that melee didnt stagger a bombard from the void. That should be fixed. Without a stagger the power is better used only on normal units.

This power is fine, throwing hadouken seems fine. Might be problematic in areas with not a lot of space to move around.

In conclusion....

This is definitely more of a killer EX than the previous generalist version.

Offers a totally different experience that does what it does fine.

But it still sucks that we lost the mobility version of the frame.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Armour: It's fine, he's a melee frame and that requires him to be in the line of fire more than frames like Volt.

Forced Finishers: I agree, SortaRandom has made several threads detailing a solution, i suggest you look for them.

Ult: In one word? Opinion. Personally i love it and pretty much everyone else seems to love it. It doesn't need any changes.

Armour : Aside from valkyr (whose focus is armour) he now has the highest base armour in the game, I'm reasonably sure. Frost and Rhino sit at 190.  Pre rework excal had 65. A buff was necessary to bring him into melee range but I think they overbuffed considering how strong radial blind is at all levels, cc wise.

Forced Finishers : Why so rude? This is the excalibur megathread, started by DE to get player feedback, which I gave. If a dev is going to see anything it will be here. It's why I put effort into my post.

Ult : That's your opinion too, and you're welcome to it, but you make the blanket statement that it doesn't need any changes, imply that I'm in the (anecdotal) minority and am thus wrong. See the problem? You're not attempting to discuss, you're attempting to silence. So I won't bother discussing either.

Also OoOoh you phrased something the way I phrased it, but then used it against me.  Do you write bad Hollywood movies? If not you should look into it. 

Armour : Aside from valkyr (whose focus is armour) he now has the highest base armour in the game, I'm reasonably sure. Frost and Rhino sit at 190.  Pre rework excal had 65. A buff was necessary to bring him into melee range but I think they overbuffed considering how strong radial blind is at all levels, cc wise.

Forced Finishers : Why so rude? This is the excalibur megathread, started by DE to get player feedback, which I gave. If a dev is going to see anything it will be here. It's why I put effort into my post.

Ult : That's your opinion too, and you're welcome to it, but you make the blanket statement that it doesn't need any changes, imply that I'm in the (anecdotal) minority and am thus wrong. See the problem? You're not attempting to discuss, you're attempting to silence. So I won't bother discussing either.

Also OoOoh you phrased something the way I phrased it, but then used it against me.  Do you write bad Hollywood movies? If not you should look into it. 

Chroma has more armour still, Frost is getting a rework so may get an armour buff, who knows, personally i think his armour is fine and he just needs a speed boost. Rhino needs a rework.

I wasn't rude about the finishers, i honestly don't see how you could have interpreted it as rude. I suggested you look for some other threads since they have the same thoughts as your own and you can vote it up and get it noticed by DE. 

Regarding the ult, you were suggesting that the sword and stance were scrapped right after release in favour of using our own weapons. Im sorry I shot you down instantly, i just don't see how calling for this big of a change right after it's been released is necessary, especially when everyone is busy enjoying it.