Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

The Exalted Blade is without a doubt one of the funnest ultimates there is so far, but the new Slash Dash is a bit underwhelming. Although being able to use it in the air is a nice addition, it feels slower than it used to be, and it never seems to hit more than two (very rarely three) enemies even when they're lined up or extremely close together. It almost feels like a nerf to a degree because with the original you could theoretically hit an infinite number of enemies assuming they all line up for you, but now your lucky to hit one to three even when a horde is lined up.

So in short: Exalted Blade = Badass! Slash Dash = needs to be faster/better targetting.

It feels kinda sluggish. What's worse is that I sometimes find myself skipping a whole line of enemies just to strike an enemy way further down.

Furthermore, I feel like the "cone" telegraph might be a bit too narrow, as I usually only get a couple slashes out of the entire dash.

I guess I expected something a little more like Blade Storm, in that excal would dash and stick to every enemy in the line of attack. How do you guys feel about the change?

Is the damage on Excalibur's ultimate scaling with his melee weapon correctly? I'm noticing way higher damage values off of Slash Dash (which seems to be scaling) than on Exalted Blade, which seem to be relatively the same throughout.

Speaking of Exalted Blade, the waves don't seem to do much damage. Also a scaling problem?

exactly the same for me + Sometimes Lifestrike works and sometimes not... + SlashDash targeting doenst work (used the augment +4)

Edited by Klarbauter

Exalted Blade waves, near as I can tell, aren't affected by melee mods. I ran a Sechura run without a melee weapon, got about 600 wave damage. Ran with melee weapon (fully kitted out with elements and such), and got about 700 damage. Given I was running with two other Excals, who likely had Steel Charge on, the extra 100 fits within that. Plus, my basic slashes were dealing a couple thousand damage per swing IIRC. So it seems extremely likely to me that the waves aren't affected by melee mods as they should be.

rip to jumping high up into the air and shooting ur ogris or penta mid air for some awesome spider man explosions

Yeah, doing this in survival missions was awesome.

Jump, look up, press Slash Dash.

Congrats, you've gone higher than Super Jump ever did.

Cost more and it's way too fast on coming down.

Dont think you actually jump higher.

Cost more and it's way too fast on coming down.

Dont think you actually jump higher.

Efficiency mods make the cost trivial, and you can use it multiple times while in the air to keep yourself going.

And yes, you do go higher. I was hitting the skybox on Earth missions with it.

Exalted Blade waves need to be a bit faster and also need to be affected by life strike. Stylistically, its speed is good for visuals but not quite fast enough to be used consistently in combat. It could also use a bit of damage buff instead of relying on your melee weapon mods for extra damage.

Edited by Blazer-X

Eck....finisher prompt change thread was merged...

Also effected Non-augment Paralysis ...big violater in lengthy 1 enemy animations

Since thread was merged, is Excalibur affected by decreased melee range and lowered leap attack damage?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/458319-huge-decrease-of-melee-weapons-range-since-165/

Have not seen any notes of melee hitbox range nor halved leap attack damage being fixed....

Melee leap attack UI damage has been halved

Obex build stats 16.310362754_10204772494172217_2709283937516

Vs.

Obex build stats 16.5.911270199_10204826904212434_1887422309491

In short:

Same Obex build:

16.3 had 435.1 Leap attack UI

16.5.9 has 217.5 Leap attack UI

Efficiency mods make the cost trivial,

That also applied to SJ making it basically free to use, brah.

and you can use it multiple times while in the air to keep yourself going.

So MORE energy cost, great.

And yes, you do go higher. I was hitting the skybox on Earth missions with it.

When was the last time you SJ?

SO... Excalibur.
Used to be I considered him the Boreframe- he didn't really feel worth playing to me. Not because he was bad, but because none of his abilities were remotely interesting. I have the same problem with Saryn- I don't find any of her abilities at all interesting.

Funny thing is, I think changing his ult to what it is now defines his role as a melee frame a lot better than before, as his abilities make sense in working well with his ult. Slash Dashing blade beams, blinding for the finishers, and Radial Javelin.... well not sure how well that fits, I kinda feel like it'd make more sense if he just radial blade beam'd instead of throwing swords at people. But I'm just a sucker for blade beams so yeah.

Regardless, I do think these changes have actually made him an interesting frame- something I didn't feel that he was before.

Lifestrike should work now that the Hotfix is out - if not you know what to do, Tenno (post in this thread).

Alright, lifestrike works with the waves.

You can heal yourself at range...

Ecalibur is a freaking hard to kill power house.

Edited by Ronyn

When was the last time you SJ?

Day before the patch. Just because I'm getting different results than you, doesn't mean I never used it.

All you ever do is talk about how horrible everything is. How about you go do that elsewhere.

Love the new Exalted Blade ability, not so much the new Slash Dash. The whole "auto-target" thing kind of ruined it for me. Not to mention, as far as I can tell the distance is shorter than the previous version, and you can't "slash through" enemies anymore, which was a very basic form of escape in emergency situations for Excalibur users. 

Okay so i did T1 defense with me and 3 other people and three of us were excalibur. When the mission ended after 20 waves, i barely got any experience for my melee, but my primary and secondary got a ton of experience. My friend who played with me confirmed it happened to him too. We did use his ult the entire time. Would that cause it? If so, then excal is the worse frame to be when trying to level up your melee. DE please fix :(

Giant cause for concern!

After repeated testing Excal's #4 is bugged with its interaction with melee mods-

Exalted blade does NOT accept and increase its damage tables for elemental, combo elements or damage type mods (slash/impact/puncture) on its regular strikes. It WILL increase its damage output IF it triggers the status proc for that attack/element/damage type.

Reproduction is simple:

-Equip a melee weapon with zero mods.

-Attack units in mission, record damage variables

Repeat the same steps, but this time adding in single element and damage type mods

-attack with regular, record variables

-continuously attack until a proc is caused, record the vastly higher damage variables.

~Fix it.

Day before the patch. Just because I'm getting different results than you, doesn't mean I never used it.

Did i say you never used it or did i ask when was the LAST TIME you used it?

That clearly states that i think you have used it.

What i was trying to get at is how fresh on your memory the use of the power was.

All you ever do is talk about how horrible everything is. How about you go do that elsewhere.

Everyone is allowed to give feedback.

Did you read my post here on the rework? Because, must like you claim above, your statements about what i talk about is wrong.