Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

This is my feedback and problems on his 4th ability

1st you can't use channeling mods (even though you can still channel)

2nd the damage is pretty VERY low (even with max damage I'm still doing about 100 - 300 damage)

3rd since he doesn't have any invulnerability buff why not give it an innate slightly less version of life strike but doesn't consume energy (since the ability itself consumes energy). Yes I know he has auto parry but that's not always reliable in every situation (i.e. explosions or other AoE enemy attacks and getting attacked from all different directions)

4th GIVE IT A BADASS ENERGY ARMOR *cough*

Scaling only considers melee mods, not melee weapons. The underlying weapon isn't a factor, it's the mods installed that matter for scaling (when it's hotfixed tonight). 

So so long as I have Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, and crit mods installed on my melee weapon it doesn't what I bring?

I'm not fond of this at all. We're just stuck with melee crit builds for effectiveness, then? On the frame who's designed to work well with a very wide variety of weapons?

I don't understand why these abilities don't just get high base damage and scale from your frame's Strength and nothing more. Players shouldn't be shoehorned into certain weapon selections/builds for their Frame's ability to be effective; there should be more build variety than that.

Just increase the base damage of these abilities and let us choose what melee weapons we want.

Edit: Seems that Rebecca debunked all my post.

I agree melee weapons shouldn't have their base stats calculated into the ult.

Edited by Feallike

Seems like his ult needs a general buff, in addition to the fixes, as doing that little damage when not feeding off melee mods is rather lacking.

Regarding his ult again. While it's a nice touch with the sliding attack when enabled it needs some attention when it comes to slide attacking in the air as it stops whatever motion you may have.

Edited by Naith

Everything nice about his new ult except the slide attack, why use his radial blind instead of a nice slide attack??

Nice to have an energy free skill BUT please give him a proper badass damaging slide attack.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with a paid exclusive warframe being better than a base model. Talking specifically about excal prime having more armor.

Considering the "paid exclusive" hasn't been available in years, and as someone has previously stated, the difference is a mere 3% mitigation, I don't think we're missing much.

Scaling only considers melee mods, not melee weapons. The underlying weapon isn't a factor, it's the mods installed that matter for scaling (when it's hotfixed tonight). 

So if it's based on the mods and not the weapons, what if i have weapons like the Dark Dagger which uses the syndicate blast? will that proc? What about the Weapons like the Glaive in which we use Quick return or even whirlwind? Won't I be handicapped?

a friend of mine asks: "SO HOWs that gonna work with his ult draining energy on top of LS? s*** should just be duration based"

And one more from his second ability:

Can we revert this? If i want the finishers, I'll pick up the augment.

Edited by Epicagemo

New Slash Dash in PvP feels crippled now. Less Range, less damage, slower, even after multiple hits the enemy didn't die in situations where before 1-2 enemy frames would have been dominated for sure. Excalibur is definitly weaker after the change and no real threat in PvP.

A personal gripe is that I can't strafe whilst attacking during Exalted Blade; it makes it feel so clunky that I HAVE to be walking forward for my attacks to land. I'd really like to be able to strafe or at least have an option to turn on strafe-lock.

Slash Dash autoaim is bit to much.

In his 4 i lose to much mobility, so i want to use Slash Dash. But i can't. If i have any mob near to me, i can't even target another one. It work like a magnet.

Last time i even don't see mob, he was right around the corner.

I guess it must be reworked.

2. Radial Blind has completely ruined my ability to chop up large crowds of enemies at once. Can we have an option to move Finishers from Melee (E) to Contextual Use (X)? Because I told my Excal to slide attack through ten enemies at once, not perform a pathetically slow completely-overkill Finisher on that level 1 Butcher at the front.

I main a pure-Melee Excal, and thanks mainly to the fact that RB won't let me hit multiple enemies anymore, this update actually feels like more of a nerf than anything.

All of this, I don't enjoy being forced to finisher everything if i blind them, it seriously slows down the gameplay and thus kills the fluidity i love in Warframe.

The fact that the weapon isn't considered is awesome news, but we're still being significantly weakened for using many weapon builds (e.g. one-touch-explosive Glaive builds).

If I want to make my Glaive explode on the first bounce, let me.

If I want to not carry a sword into the mission, let me.

These choices should not directly alter the effectiveness of a Warframe's ability.

Edited by SortaRandom

It would be nice if the energy wave spawned when using directional melee went faster. Excal moves about as fast or even a little faster than the wave which looks a little silly.

Edited by ArbitUHM

slash looks good but it doesn't all ways work currently while also being vulnerable during the animation

radial blind: still don't like how it works

the finisher animation should be changed to a different keyboard key to allow normally melee or finisher melee

still unreliable because it require los which still isn't working correctly it what it should do is blind all targets but the range should be reduced

radial javelin: no change at all? it need changing and needs changing

4th skill: damage isn't working correctly

no survivability of its own as the auto parry doesn't count as it doesn't protect the back or side and the blind is terribly small I need to be directly near the target it should create a smaller blind than radial blind but it should still be bigger than what it is. add a damage reduction or allow him to heal himself somehow while in the mode

Unique melee combo exclusive to exalted blade would be nice.

Exists.

4 -> Esc -> melee combos.

=====

EB Slide-blind doesn't cause stealth finishers.

1. Slash Dash doesn't properly aim in the direction of the camera; there's a maximum angle at which you can SD away from the ground. Bad news for all the folks out there who enjoyed SJ as a mobility tool; we're now forced to use large melee weapons to replicate the effect.

Not saying that we should get full Tailwind-like control, but could you guys at least increase the maximum angle so we can actually use SD to jump onto platforms?

2. Radial Blind has completely ruined my ability to chop up large crowds of enemies at once. Can we have an option to move Finishers from Melee (E) to Contextual Use (X)? Because I told my Excal to slide attack through ten enemies at once, not perform a pathetically slow completely-overkill Finisher on that level 1 Butcher at the front.

^ This.

Was going to report 1, and very very much want 2.

====

Also, once again requesting for some QoL changes for people trying to test stuff in the Simularcum.

Less fed-ex, less loading. Please.

Edited by Chroia