Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

I thought you had to hold E to do finishers still.

Basically, if you're within range of an enemy and E is pressed (i.e. you walk up to an enemy and press E, you press E in the middle of a combo chain, you accidentally hold E during a slide attack animation, etc), your frame will automatically stop whatever they're doing and cut straight into a Finisher animation.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing, if you don't want to use a Finisher than shoot them.

Many of us main pure-melee frames. Even if this wasn't the case, Excal's 4 now forces him into melee mode anyways.

You'd think that being able to choose between "swing a sword" and "do a slow, powerful, fancy-looking OHKO move" would be a basic aspect of our controls right from the start.

Edited by SortaRandom

That or if they fix melee range hitboxes...you can resort to longer range melee to avoid activating finisher.

Polearm Quick-melee with Reach mods allows avoidance of finisher for 400% unalerted/stealth melee modifier

- like non-augment Paralysis finisher workaround (use extreme attack speed and/or extended range)

But big +1 for melee finishers to.be rebound to another key

Even reload+melee would suffice as melee activation for me.

radial javelin: no change at all? it need changing and needs changing

This is a bit odd since I recall Scott saying that RJ would get new features, or that it would work differently than just a big radial nuke. I'm guessing it was rather low-priority compared to the other changes, though.

Not sure if it's intended or a bug, but the Radial blind duration and the slide attack blind duration are not equal, are they supposed to scale with duration too or not?

i assume that the ulti blind is a set duration because it's a mini blind. it also has piss poor range.

one thing i find really odd is when i slash dash vertically, i instantly drop. no hangtime or nothing. 1 second in the air, the next on the ground

i think that crit mods should affect it. not once did i see a crit while running a t2e. also i think that when you ground slam with EB, there should be a high chance to proc a status on enemies

make the blind only enable on channeled or not channeled energy sword (exalted sword). you decide which mode is best suited

personally i would put auto blind on channeled because i don't use channeling often, i assume most people don't channel often either, that way i can have my precious coptering. and seeing as most people don't only purely sprint, they want to copter too.

there is a reason i don't use blind justice on my dragon nikana and use tranquil cleave more, i can't stand weapons without copterings that  could be bringing me to my sniping enemies to avoid severe damage... seriously, some people don't play it casually, some play it like a real ninja, fast and smooth, i'm not gona sit around autoblocking S#&$, not gonna happen

edit: 

and whats up with the finisher prompt without radiant finish mod equipped? isn't that bugged? i'm not liking it, several digsites destroyed because of slow finisher animations

edit2: and LOL the audio sound for exalted sword.. wtf? the nikana sounds way better

Edited by SomeCrackHead

I will bypass all the issues with balance.

On a design:

Synergy between powers and waframes in general is something very rare in the Warframe. Now however, on a basis of single frame, we have all four powers working together, complement each other. And this is awesome.

I really hope all frames will see such rework. Because as it now majority of warframes have just a set of powers. And these powers mostly stand alone powers.

Also: powers scaling from melee mods is awesome.

Many of us main pure-melee frames. Even if this wasn't the case, Excal's 4 now forces him into melee mode anyways.

I pure-melee myself, and I've been using Radiant Aug before this, selective targeting is the same for swords and guns, Exalted Blade also comes with a projectile on all attacks so Finishers are now optional for Excal.

Edited by Orcot

I was incredibly pumped for the mini-Blind on every slide attack, but seriously, the range seems to be less than 10m at base.

Frankly, I'd rather have an actual slide attack. You know, with movement and functional hitboxes.

EDIT:

If you are coptering for mobility, you shouldnt be ulting.

Okay, point.

Still not happy about the hitboxes, though.

Edited by SortaRandom

Nice rework.
Excal jump was really useless, when you can melee jump higher, or with slash dash.

Played some easy survival (grineer 10-18 lvl), with 160% efficiency, 10min of non-stop activated 4th ability.
I like idea that you could blind enemies while exalted blade is active, just i'm so used to copter and attack enemies with slide attack, it feels strange.

i assume that the ulti blind is a set duration because it's a mini blind. it also has piss poor range.

one thing i find really odd is when i slash dash vertically, i instantly drop. no hangtime or nothing. 1 second in the air, the next on the ground

i think that crit mods should affect it. not once did i see a crit while running a t2e. also i think that when you ground slam with EB, there should be a high chance to proc a status on enemies

Ahh I see.

Right now I know for sure that berserker can proc, and berserker can only get triggered by a crit, what is odd is that I didn't see a crit or a damage increase.

Another question that come to my mind is, does elemental damage change anything? Does mods like buzz kill etc change anything?

Edited by Alphafox

I have only two minor nitpicks with his energy blade:

1) It'd look cooler if the waves would expand with distance. Hitbox could be kept the same or a slight damage drop-off added, if that's a concern.

2) The wall-attack doesn't create an energy wave.

I pure-melee myself, and I've been using Radiant Aug before this, selective targeting is the same for swords and guns, Exalted Blade also comes with a projectile on all attacks so Finishers are now optional for Excal.

The projectiles don't benefit from stealth multipliers, and we should damn well not be forced to rely on energy-draining waves to kill groups of blind enemies with a sword.

selective targeting is the same for swords and guns

The difference is that when you're using a gun, you can choose to mow down hordes of enemies or do a slower, more calculated headshot to bring down that one priority target. That's just not possible with melee and blind enemies anymore.

Before this update, I could easily sweep out 10+ level 60 Bombard Eximus units in a matter of seconds with Orthos Prime. Now it's easily triple the amount of time if I work my way around the Finisher activation range, and (bare minimum) 10x the amount of time to actually use the Finishers.

This is not okay. This update was supposed to buff Excal, especially for melee gameplay.

Edited by SortaRandom

Why does this matter? What we're asking for won't take anything away from the game. We're not getting anal over nothing. We're asking for a small change to allow us to do a normal attack or a finisher attack depending on the situation. 

Just use the waves or shoot them is not a solution.

well its a prime.... HES SUPPOSE TO BE STRONGER!! seriously look at all the primes they are all stronger than the normal versions in one way or another. get over it.

That extra armor really matters in PVP though , It really gives founders and extra edge  ,( insert pay to win #tag here ) . And i think it should be mitigated in pvp