Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Bladewave ignores Nullifier bubble. Just ghosts right through it and everyone inside it.

EB 'drawing' animation can bug out. Had me stuck holding an invisible gun with EB active (not draining), can't shoot can't cast, etc.

Caused by idk, but was reloading, mantling and drawing all at the same time.

Fixed by - I think slide-attacking.

Submitting EE.log now. Edit: Ticket 371889

WKFLW6I.jpg

Bladewave still unaffected by channeling, doesn't proc Berserker stacks, not sure about other mods.

Edited by Chroia

people have to learn to play this frame, all what i expirienced since its out is that people use "excalibure blame" instead of prime or whatever abilities can be used

LEARNING is important in life =)

running around, not caring about the mission or teamplay is a waste of time for nothing ... sorry for my harsh words but "our" 2 different teams failed 2 times right now because of people run around and spam brainless the reworked excals, see you all in a week =) i think then its better :P

and big thanks to DE, its a wonderful warframe now, really great =)

Edited by Khampa

I don't know why Radial Blind setting enemies up for finishers was considered a buff instead of a massive nerf.  You could cut through a dozen enemies with RB before, now you're lucky to get a couple before it wears off because you have to sit through 5 second finisher animations, when one swipe from a normal attack before would have cut them in half anyway.

I wish setting up for finishers was removed from Valkyr's War Cry too.

Or even better: add a finishing move button to give us an option.

Edited by Horrorsh0w

Why does Excalibur have more armor than Rhino now?

Wasn't he supposed to be the heavy, durable frame? Yet now Stickman is tankier? Um... yeah. Maybe you guys went a little overboard on his armor rating. That, or raise Rhino's. At this point you're just kicking his grave.

Excaliburs new ult, Exalted Blade. So I tried it out.

- It doesn't stop energy siphon, this is probably an oversight, I was actually gaining energy over time at 160% energy efficiency.

- The damage is pretty good, not necessarily against single strong targets but the ranged AOE blade does mow down weaker enemies like they're grass.

- Channeling doesn't seem to do anything, doesn't cost any extra energy and doesn't give any extra damage.

- It stacks well with the new and improved Slash Dash. Although Slash Dash still doesn't benefit from the melee multiplier that it generates AFAIK.

- I don't know which melee mods have any effect, other than Berzerker, it doesn't crit often but it did a few times for me and I saw a very noticeable speed increase.

Someone please give me a rundown on the new Ulti, as well as Slash Dash. Does it take into account the melee weapon's base stats? (Slash, Puncture, Impact, Elemental)

Wasn't he supposed to be the heavy, durable frame? Yet now Stickman is tankier? Um... yeah. Maybe you guys went a little overboard on his armor rating. That, or raise Rhino's. At this point you're just kicking his grave.

Cause Iron Skin kek

Edited by AoiiToori

Lifestrike should work now that the Hotfix is out - if not you know what to do, Tenno (post in this thread).

i cant really tell if quickening is working.. but only because i cant channel.. but then again, I'm already in a channeling state, hence the energy sword and the continuous energy drain..

Going to continue testing mods, will post

The design intent is:

Slash Dash damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade waves scale off of all melee mods.

Will look to see what's up - if anyone can post details (Damage #'s vs enemies) it'll help troubleshoot! Also include relevant loadout details (i.e my Radiant Finish Augment skews damage numbers, etc).

By any chance can we get this treatment for Valkyr's claws on during hysteria?

Taking ALL mods into account is a much better system to work with than what she has going on now.

Lifestrike should work now that the Hotfix is out - if not you know what to do, Tenno (post in this thread).

It works in melee range. The waves don't seem to give health back, not sure if they are supposed to or not.

Edited by Ronyn

As you all know, Excal's Radial Blind now forces you to do Finishers on enemies whether or not you have Radiant Finish equipped.

As you also know, Finishers are slow no matter what weapon you're using. And while they deal very high damage, there's simply no point in Finishing a group of 10+ enemies one by one if we can just carve them all up in a single slide attack (which we were doing just a few hours ago).

So, the suggestion-- give us the option to rebind Finishers from Melee (E) to Contextual Use (X).

This is long overdue.

i agree completely! my @(*()$ digsites in excavation missions kept getting destroyed because i wasn't fast enough meleeing. DE REVERT IT BACK OR PUT THAT X FOR US

Love the rework, just a few complaints

1. Using slash dash in the air provides no momentum after it ends. You just drop straight down. It's Janky, disruptive and weird looking, I'd appreciate a fix.

2. Slash dash doesn't seem to target as many enemies as it should. 

3. Attack speed for some of the Exalted Sword combos are outrageously slow. Even with a Fury mod on my melee it still feels slower than I think it ought to.

4. The energy waves put out by exalted Sword are rather small. Couple this with how slow they move and it becomes very difficult to hit targets. I would appreciate a speed buff here. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I remember when I had first started Warframe. Excalibur was my first frame. He was my bread and butter for months, until I had the resources or money to acquire new frames. One lucky birthday gave me Excalibur Prime, and I cherished that for a very long time. Then, sadly, the game grew up, while Excalibur remained stunted. For the longest time the gold trim of my first prime had gathered dust and had fallen into obscurity.

Well, that had changed.

With the new rework of the frame, I can not express my pleasure in this rework. His ultimate is great, and having it scale with mods (rather than the weapon, giving us the option of not sticking with Scindo Prime) and use auto parry makes it different from Hysteria. 

To top it off, the release of the Excalibur cosmetics was just the icing on the cake, and I now sport them proudly.

Finally, Excalibur Prime got the stat change in his armor. Just enough to satisfy those who wanted him equal to his prime brothers and sisters but not too much to upset those that don't have him (from what I have heard from my friends).

Thank you so much, DE. You gave a rebirth to your poster child, and to my first friend.

Excalibur's current armor is very good for him. Let's not complain about that.

As for Rhino...Let's worry about rhino another day.

He needs help but this is not the thread to dig into it.

what I don't agree with is exaggerated complaint he's parading around as a fact.

The fact that I tried to slide attack a group of 10 enemies and my animation canceled into a single pathetically slow finisher is not "an exaggerated complaint that I'm parading around". This was a fact. This literally just happened to me.

The rework is amazing.  Whoever is in charge of reworks should be in charge of new frames.  And if it's the same person, then make them only in charge of reworks.

However, the invulnerable-auto-blocking is quite boring.  It's not as boring as Hysteria's invulnerability but I feel it shouldn't block with no stamina left.

so you're saying you are one of them who votes for not having coptering for both channeling and not channeling. why do you have to ruin our gameplay, 

Yeah man this guy on the forums who doesn't work for DE is RUINING the entire game for EVERYONE.

its not all about you, atleast i set an option so that both players can enjoy their style. you simply don't care if i would use the ultimate or not, so you just throw out texts that says just don't use it. what a good argument.

Yes, it's clearly all about YOU and YOUR perfect, flawless infallible ideas. Hypocrisy, they name is Crack.

By the way, he did not say to not use it. He said to toggle it on-and-off as needed. Learn how to read. Preferably not selective reading.

Edited by DiosGX

Missing one thing ... but a very important one:

Directional aim!

It is kind of meaningless using that ulti while walking in different directions than straight forward or staying (and blocking) to get a decent straight forward eternal blade waves.

Would DE be so kindly and adjust that part on the blade?

Other than that, I am pretty satisfied with the current build stuff.

3 DMG mods (Transient, Blind, Intensify), Natural Talent (or Flow), Fleet + Stream, HP/Shield.

Even whilst blading around and staying in that state, consuming energy is even less than mesa without blind rage and maxed efficiency.

Totally fine with it. Damage with only Blind Rage: 490~700 each eternal wave (grineer faction).

Going to add a video here about the other ability usage.

Explanation to the vid:

Ulti has a minor damage increase, while using all 3 damage mods. Which means maximized Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Intensify!

The avg. damage range of Exalted Blade will only resume on 700~900, this is way too less, compared that using only Blind Rage will cause a damage range of 490~700!

Those are 85% more damage on the 1+2 damage mod build, c'mon DE!

Other than that, I smell a nerf incoming. Slash Dash is way too overpowered (who wonders, another bug during a major change ... and no one did notice it while testing it? I cannot believe that, not anymore). 8k ~ 15k damage, even more on infested (obviously, because of Slash Proc, saw some 23,465 damage hits on Chargers, 25,515 on Volatile Runners, 62,160 on Tar-Moas, and all without crit indicators). As a proof, there you go:

9xdmMGs.gif

Slash Dash and Exalted Blade won't cut Volatile Runners. They will explode, as I would just hammer them with a Impact/Puncture Proc' weapon. Pretty dangerous slash dashing through multiple Volatile Runners!!!

But there are bugs within that skill progress from start to the end animation.

Enemies which are too close won't be selected inside that cone sight.

Mobs will be "overrun" by, without damaging nor sticking to then and slashing those.

Sometimes Slash Dash just "over-dashes" every single enemy. Size and amount of enemy doesn't matter.

If missing the first mob during Slash Dash usage, because it got killed by a party member, the skill will just dash through the hord of enemies. So there is no "reselection" upon the first target. It will just miss its purpose at all.

Slash Dashing into air should replace the Super Jump, sure, it is great, whilest the abrupt stopping/canceling the fly animation ... kills the momentum of that dash. It is like Excalibur slashing against an invisible wall. Kind of a funny Physique-Fail ... Portal reference.

I am not a fan of Radial Blind. So no test on that one.

Radial Javelin seems to be ... "powerful" like previously. So I assume talking about it is just a waste of time.

Edited by Pacheon

I am not sure if i should report this or not for a need of a buff or nerf because it might be how the devs wanted it, which is why i put this post in players helping players.

Each sword slash does take stamina but it feels like its taking no stamina at all not sure if excal has faster stamina recovery by default but it feels like i am sending out tons of wave slashes at no penalty ( typo ? ) other then it draining stamina and energy over time.

3. Attack speed for some of the Exalted Sword combos are outrageously slow. Even with a Fury mod on my melee it still feels slower than I think it ought to.

4. The energy waves put out by exalted Sword are rather small. Couple this with how slow they move and it becomes very difficult to hit targets. I would appreciate a speed buff here. 

I disagree. I feel that the speed is in the correct spot, as a default speed. When Berserker procs and Exalted Blade starts getting faster and faster, it feels actually too good. This, all the time, would be rather overpowered I feel.

By the way, awareness about the Finisher thread : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/476542-excal-can-no-longer-melee-more-than-one-enemy-at-a-time-gg/

Please do something about forced Finishers, that's my only true complaint!

Can someone please clear these up for me as I've only seen the warframe profile video on YouTube and feedback on here.

were his base health, shields and energy pool all buffed as well as his armor? Cuz no one has mentioned that but the warframe profile video shows they're all buffed

Does exalted blade take in mods from the melee weapon being used or damage from the melee weapon used or from both? I'm very curious about that.

Can someone make a YouTube video and link it here?(:

Any change to radial javelin other than energy reduction?

Please help with answers to these warframe community(: