Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Right now there's either no hit sound, or it blends in with the existing sounds a little too well.

Give it the sound your melee weapon makes on hit and I think it'll be perfect, I want to hear a mean slashing sound or the clunk of my hammer and I bounce between targets, gives it a bit more impact :)

Excalibur's current armor is very good for him. Let's not complain about that.

As for Rhino...Let's worry about rhino another day.

He needs help but this is not the thread to dig into it.

It really rubs me the wrong way, so much that I couldn't just ignore it. But maybe that's because I base most of my Warframe choices off their base Armor ratings. My problem I guess. :P

However, the invulnerable-auto-blocking is quite boring.  It's not as boring as Hysteria's invulnerability but I feel it shouldn't block with no stamina left.

So that we stop blocking after three or four shots when we hit higher level? No thanks, it's only from the front and it's a horde game. The blocking is fine.

My only complaint right now is that the angle in which you are able Slash Dash upwards should be increased to a flat 90 degree one.

It doesn't exactly go with any direction you want. Even went pointed directly upward, it sends  you flying forward still.

I expected New Slash Dash to work like Tail Wind but it does not...

The forced finishers after using Radial Blind are quite inconvenient if you're surrounded by multiple enemies. Sure you can get some distance and use your guns or use the waves from Exalted blade, but I think I would much rather have the finisher mapped to a different key, separate from the regular melee key, or faster finisher animations for all weapons.

I've also noticed that Slash Dash doesn't always launch you upward when aiming up, or any direction that isn't forward for that matter. Radial Javelin sometimes doesn't appear; damage is dealt, but I see nothing hitting enemies.

Edited by Rostiel

After hotfix.

Pressure point works.

Spoiled strike works.

Elemental mods doesnt work.

Berserker works only on melee, doesnt work on ranged portion.

Crit mods hard to say.

But without elemental mods it just wont keep up with dmg, with 4 elemental mods it would do 4.6 times more dmg than it does now.

Edited by Davoodoo

My feedback:

Overall - This rework of Excalibur feels nice, with a great concept at hand. But as always, like on every other Warframe, there is a LOT of polishing still needed.

Slash Dash - Damage is quite nice, but it has 2 annoying issues:

1) Angle of cast: How far up or down you can use it is limitted. Intended?

2) Supermagnetic targetting - Sometimes you actually get stuck in the environment because Excal wants to Slash Dash to a target while the target is behind a small object. Gamebreakingly annoying.

3) Highly limitted range - I seem to have troubles hitting more than 2 or 3 enemies at once with this ability (compared to easily hitting up to a dozen enemies with the old Slash Dash). It feels really restricted somehow.

In general, I think this ability still needs a lot of work

Radial Blind - How it is cast is perfect. But it has one HUGE flaw:

1) Forced finishers - Could we PLEASE get the option to rebind finishers to wether we want them triggered by melee (E) or by the contextual action (X)?? This non-option is currently slowing him down a TREMENDOUS amount.

Radial Javelin - I don't even... there was NO REWORK of this boring ability (other than just becoming cheaper)?? You know, there are so many more ideas for it. Take this quick example: Upon cast, Excal summons a bunch of energy blades spinning around him, which deals continuous slash damage to nearby enemies and helps blocking attacks (instead of his ulti doing so). Upon expiration, or if you cancel it by casting it again midduration, the blades are then launched outwards like Radial Javelin 1.0 (bringing back the Bullet Attractor synergy!), damage affected by the melee combo counter (but base damage lowered a bit), possibly also ragdolling the hit enemies.

There, tadaaaaa! No longer a boring and broken piece of crap, but instead something that synergizes with his kit.

Exalted Blade - While certainly not horrible (the looks of it, in particular the summon/unsummon is frikkin awesome looking!), it has a bunch of errors/flaws:

1) Aiming - The launching of the energy waves does not really follow where you aim

2) Energy Wave Scaling - Seems like they still don't scale from mods, nor do they benefit from stealth multipliers (such as when hitting blinded enemies).

3) Elemental scaling - It seems like elemental mods don't benefit EB (same issue on Hysteria). Intended, or oversight?

4) Bias - Why can't Valkyr's Hysteria scale the same way (only from weapon MODS and not from the weapon CHOICE)? His choices are much greater (I'd still prefer EB and Hysteria to not scale off of melee mods at ALL, instead having a much better base damage and only scaling with Power modifications instead, but alas).

Edited by Azamagon

Well I got into similacrum or whatever that chamber is called. and see that will full power mods, dmg is 600/hit on lvl 20 enemies.. and 700 on lv 90 enemies. 

Also, get a dakra prime/dual ichor and you`ll kill mobs faster 1v1 than with ultimate. Which is a bummer, really.. 

So yea. Is it cool? Hell yea.

Do I like it? Yea.

Is it finally a viable excal? Yea.

Is it amazing? Not even close.

Maybe the hotfix didnt fix everything? probably yea. My lifestrike doesnt work at all. Crit mods dont work. Elemental mods dont work, DMG is the same as pre-hotfix. 

Exalted Blade needs a Buff in damage! Desperately, 40 minutes in t2 survival tested, Damage was too low at around minute 15

Prisma skana was equipped, with pressure point and spoiled strike (relevant mods). TOO LOW damage per energy wave

RBfEq3g.jpg

almost stalker like, just need radial blind to add a smoke effect to excal :P

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new ULT......especially the auto blocking very useful when you are lining up your attacks and the enemy is shooting/meleeing you. Energy cost is perfectly fine, though the radial slide is....lacking a bit.

Edited by xcynderx