Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc 16.9.0: Excalibur Feedback Megathread

[DE]Rebecca

Is Excalibur Prime ever going to receive its PBR update? Now would have been a good time since its the Excal patch...

The new slash dash has some collision issues when multiple enemies are right in front of him. Especially when drones are part of the chain.

Has his passive ability been officially established yet?

Excalibur's new armor Value is good for Excalibur. period.

What the tanks need is a conversation for the tanks themselves...

I mean don't get me wrong I love his rework but....him having higher armor than the frames that are supposed to be tanks (Rhino, Saryn, Frost, etc..) seems ridiculous. 

Saryn was never supposed to be a tank. She is tanky enough to act as one to some degree but that was not her role.

Frost is literally the next frame to be reworked. So he may get some stat buffs as well.

Rhino needs work...but DE can only do so many things at once.

Edited by Ronyn

Well, as said earlier, Stamina will cease to exist soon anyways. So this is honestly a moot point. 

would having every wave slash take extra energy be too overkill for or would it be better ? i think ultimate RB should at least take 10 energy every use.

Excaliburs new ult, Exalted Blade. So I tried it out.

- It doesn't stop energy siphon, this is probably an oversight, I was actually gaining energy over time at 160% energy efficiency.

Wuh?

I'm at 170% energy efficiency with Energy Siphon, and I'm most certainly losing energy (albeit slowly). Maybe Duration plays a role in this?

would having every wave slash take extra energy be too overkill for or would it be better ? i think ultimate RB should at least take 10 energy every use.

Have you used exalted blade's RB? The range and duration are tiny, and most certainly not worth 10 energy per cast. Might as well put an energy cost on slam attacks.

Edited by SortaRandom

Lifestrike should work now that the Hotfix is out - if not you know what to do, Tenno (post in this thread).

Ahh great! Thanks. ...which means channeling via energy waves is working...(?) since LF requires channeled kills to work.

Edited by RawGritz

Problem's I've noticed:

The Waves of Excal's ultimate aren't scaling with mods (normal meele does)

Slash dash is capped at 5 enemys (# from testing)

Problem's I can't agree with (from this thread):

Ultimate doesn't get Elemental: I was able to proc Virus on a Behemot in the simulacrum.

Life Strike doesn't work on the ulti: Yes it does but only in Meele not the wave part.

Visual Glitch with Exalted Blade:

When doing an aerial attack with the Exalted Blade (not slam attack), the trail of Excalibur's equipped melee weapon will have a trail behind it. It's weird to describe.

Describing my experience would maybe be a bit clearer. My Prisma Skana, sheated on my back, has an energy-coloured trail, as if I had it in hand, during an aerial attack with EB toggled on.

Haven't noticed any other glitch with trails so far.

Edited by Noctah

Wuh?

I'm at 170% energy efficiency with Energy Siphon, and I'm most certainly losing energy (albeit slowly). Maybe Duration plays a role in this?

Have you used exalted blade's RB? The range and duration are tiny, and most certainly not worth 10 energy per cast. Might as well put an energy cost on slam attacks.

I have not test its range yet.

I testes several builds: strength+range, range+duration and strength+duration and ALL of them did not help slash dash hit over 3 targets regardless if more were in range at time of casting.

Other than that I think that his new ult does not scale with damage mods and also I tried bringing a viral/radiation weapon with on physical damage and I made a high status build. Despite my weapon elements, the energy sword proced only physical damages and blast/currosive which was really weird to see :/

After playing some T4S with it. What i gather:

Dmg reduction is great.

using Weapon mods makes the thing deal good dmg up close.

Auto Parry saves lives

The second a nullifier shows up you better gtfo or expect to go down in the time you pull out your regular weapon

Overall: Do Like

Lifestrike should work now that the Hotfix is out - if not you know what to do, Tenno (post in this thread).

- Exalted Blade's waves still don't scale from mods.

- Exalted Blade's waves pass through Nullifier barriers without damaging the barrier. The Nullifier takes no damage unless the barrier is broken by other sources.

- Slash Dash will charge right into Nullifier barriers and will even chain between more than one Nullifier while the barriers are up. The combo counter increases with every apparent hit, but no damage is dealt at all. (Can we make it so that SD is canceled the instant you enter a Nullifier barrier? Because being stuck dashing back and forth, leaving your Shields completely vulnerable, while having absolutely no effect on the enemy seems a bit more than what Nullifiers are intended to do.)

- Slash Dash will not aim in the direction of the camera if there's an enemy in front of you. So if you're at 1 health and facing a Bombard, aiming straight up and pressing 1 will make you charge straight into the Bombard instead of performing an evasive maneuver.

Edited by SortaRandom

I will bypass all the issues with balance.

On a design:

Synergy between powers and waframes in general is something very rare in the Warframe. Now however, on a basis of single frame, we have all four powers working together, complement each other. And this is awesome.

I really hope all frames will see such rework. Because as it now majority of warframes have just a set of powers. And these powers mostly stand alone powers.

Also: powers scaling from melee mods is awesome.

I completely agree, this is the first Warframe that not only do all four powers work together but they are actually all worth using. As we all know each Warframe has one or two powers we all use all the time because the others are just not worth using. Now with Excalibur all four powers work in conjunction with one another as they should be. 

After playing some T4S with it. What i gather:

Dmg reduction is great.

using Weapon mods makes the thing deal good dmg up close.

Auto Parry saves lives

The second a nullifier shows up you better gtfo or expect to go down in the time you pull out your regular weapon

Overall: Do Like

Yea me and some friends were in T4S testing the new Ult out as well and Nullies are Exalted Blades biggest enemy and weakness

Problem's I've noticed:

The Waves of Excal's ultimate aren't scaling with mods (normal meele does)

Slash dash is capped at 5 enemys (# from testing)

Problem's I can't agree with (from this thread):

Ultimate doesn't get Elemental: I was able to proc Virus on a Behemot in the simulacrum.

Life Strike doesn't work on the ulti: Yes it does but only in Meele not the wave part.

I can confirm that damage of energy waves doesn't scale with melee weapon mods.

Not sure if bug or intended. I hope it's the first one.

Originally I was like ok remove super jump, BUT HIS PRESS 4 IS TOO SLOW TO DIRECTIONAL MELEE FLY!!!

Seriously I tried to get up in that Grineership where its three ways in and you have climb up the stairs to the balcony looking over one of the entrances. Usually I just super jump up there. Easy right? Well I tried using the press 4 directional melee fly and it was so short. At least give us the new parkour so we can just wallrun to the higher places instead of finding out how much of a fail the new sword is. We should be able to get about as far as the super jump took us. Now I can't get around which was a cool thing about Excalibur. Versatile, and great for exploring, and leaping out of danger. Now he can't even do that...

the innate Crit Chance of the Energy Sword doesn't seem quite high enough, IMO.

i feel like it should be 15% base if Crit Chance affects it like any other Melee Weapon would. (i.e. the expected +60% that you'd get with any other Melee Weapon using that Mod).

this would be 24% Crit Chance with True Steel, and that would be not high, but definitely viable.

as it is now, it feels like it's 10% tops.

also the Energy Waves will Kill Trash Units before your sword hits them often. kind've wishing i could choose whether to have Energy Waves or not (perhaps Channeling should do 'nothing' and instead give Energy Waves for 0 Energy cost?) to make it easier to make sure you're hitting things with the actual Sword.

Edit:

Status Chance of the Energy Sword is okay, but Status for the Energy Waves is underwhelming. are Status Mods actually applying to the Energy Waves? it doesn't feel like it, even with a Melee Weapon with a lot of Status Mods.

Edit2:

as with many Melee Weapons, Exalted Blade doesn't feel like it has enough Range. ~30% more Range should feel less 'i need to hug them to hit them'.

also, Slash Dash's Range is pitiful. if an Enemy is walking away from me, it is literally impossible to hit that Enemy with Slash Dash.

it will attack where they were just a moment ago, rather than attack them in actuality.

Edited by taiiat

Hey guys have you seen the video from the play warframe channel on youtube?

According to the video the health shields and energy pool were also buffed not just his armor, is this true?

so original video shows 100 health 100 shields 65 armor and 100 energy

The new video shows 300 health 300 shields 225 armor and 150 energy

Edited by (PS4)arod1alx7