Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gg Excalibur. Now De Please Do To Frost What You Did To Him

Dokusi

Oh man was this update for Excalibur amazing! Being the poster child of Warframe this buff was definitely needed.

All i ask is that Frost gets the same love you gave him. DE already mentioned a bit in the devstream and i hope they do well.

Frost let excalibur cut in line to get his buff cause he needed it, so treat us fairly too pls 

Oh man was this update for Excalibur amazing!

All i ask is that Frost gets the same love you gave him.

This "love" being destroying his ability to melee multiple enemies at once and leaving his worst ability completely untouched?

Super jump? It's gone.

Super Jump was great, and while it's a bit wonky, the new Slash Dash effectively replaces it as a dodging skill. 

No, I'm talking about Javelin. It is still a direct downgrade to Blind unless you're on Mercury or rep farming.

EDIT: Scratch the Slash Dash part; you can't dodge with it. If you use it while an enemy's in front of you, you'll charge right into the enemy no matter how high your camera is aiming. At best, you can use it for brief HP invulnerability frames.

Edited by SortaRandom

I like what they did with Excal...

The finisher thing with RB was a little annoying but I found I can still get slide attacks in, I just do the finisher on the last enemy in line.

I am seriously hoping they can bring this type of effort and attention to Frost... Frost needs it.

I am really hoping they can dramatically boost his armor given the armor love that Excal got in that category.

No, I'm talking about Javelin. It is still a direct downgrade to Blind unless you're on Mercury or rep farming.

It would be nice if Javelin was made into a snare class cc that just affixed an NPC to the floor or at their present location. Would make it useful for infested and various NPC. 

Anyway, On topic: This update's Excalibur changes exceeded my expectations and I am happy. As is, I am looking forward to what they are going to do with Frost.

Edited by LazyKnight

It would be nice if Javelin was made into a snare class cc that just affixed an NPC to the floor or at their present location. Would make it useful for infested and various NPC.

Blind effectively does the same job better, though.

Personally, I'd like to see RJ ragdoll enemies in the direction of the javelin and maybe pin them to whatever surface they touch for a set duration (regardless of whether the enemy survives the hit). Maybe turn it into a cone instead of a 360-degree AoE, and allow the javelins to scale from (but not add to) melee combo multipliers. Like a slower, more expensive Sonic Boom that we can "charge up" with combos for massive damage.

We'd finally have a reason to use it then.

Blind effectively does the same job better, though.

Personally, I'd like to see RJ ragdoll enemies in the direction of the javelin and maybe pin them to whatever surface they touch for a set duration (regardless of whether the enemy survives the hit). Maybe turn it into a cone instead of a 360-degree AoE, and allow the javelins to scale from (but not add to) melee combo multipliers. Like a slower, more expensive Sonic Boom that we can "charge up" with combos for massive damage.

We'd finally have a reason to use it then.

How about the javelins act like melee finishers on all enemies currently under the effect of radial blind...

that way a radial blind/radial javelin combo would be devastating. heck, might be too strong. lol

How about the javelins that stick in people can be detonated if shot. Making them like little bombs!

Javelin still does absurd damage, and Furious Javelin (yes, the augment no one ever used) also buffs the damage on Exalted Blade and Slash Dash.

You're not using it right.

How about the javelins act like melee finishers on all enemies currently under the effect of radial blind...

that way a radial blind/radial javelin combo would be devastating. heck, might be too strong. lol

How about the javelins that stick in people can be detonated if shot. Making them like little bombs!

Javelin still does absurd damage, and Furious Javelin (yes, the augment no one ever used) also buffs the damage on Exalted Blade and Slash Dash.

I was going to make some rebuttals when I remembered that this thread is about Frost, not Excal. XD

Sorry about derailing the thread with my snarky comment about DE's love, OP!

OT:

Personally, I'd really like to see a bigger range and freeze duration on Avalanche. The current version just isn't cutting it IMO.

Edited by SortaRandom

I was going to make some rebuttals when I remembered that this thread is about Frost, not Excal. XD

Sorry about derailing the thread with my snarky comment about DE's love, OP!

OT:

Personally, I'd really like to see a bigger range and freeze duration on Avalanche. The current version just isn't cutting it IMO.

Hey I was just brainstorming ways to make radial javelin useful since you don't like it. anyway...

OT: What do you think about being able to cast avalanche at a target location?

So instead of it being centered at frosts location like so many other radial aoe style ults...

what if it could be aimed sort of like hydroids tentacle swarm or zephyr's tornado's?

XC definitely has an awesome kit thru and thru now.  The problem now is that he works on all four stats too hard, which is more the fault of the modding system than his abilities sucking.  His ult still seems a bit too weak even after the hotfix.

Also, has anyone noticed that you can perform Radial Blind when his ult's up by spin attacking?

I'm sure dedicated Frost players (actual Frost mains; not "I need this to play defense missions") will enjoy having their favorite nuances wiped away and replaced with a more or less entirely new warframe.  

im down.

I'm sure dedicated Frost players (actual Frost mains; not "I need this to play defense missions") will enjoy having their favorite nuances wiped away and replaced with a more or less entirely new warframe.  

You can count me in too. And I've been playing him (Frost) for two year straight now. Scott proposed very good changes, in my opinion. They flesh out his powers, they said nothing about completely changing his power set.

From all the info Scott gave the rework is going to be this;

power 1 - will now create a slow spot on the floor like void traps , have 100% chance to freeze.

power 2 - will now be a cone instead of a line , leave floor frozen like void traps.

power 3 - now will have 4 charges and no duration , can cast all 4 quickly but need to wait for them to die to use more.

using it on close by enemies will push them outside the bobble like a radial stomp by a moa.

power 4 - stays the same but enemies that unfreeze from it will have less armor.

no passive yet , all power will have stronger freeze so they wont break out immediately.

might be different by the time its out. 

i love his 2 now . but i always played with radial finish before so its matter of taste but casting whyle reload and move yessssssss.

i hate RJ before and hate it now useless skill RB is just so much better . even SP was better thn RJ imo . 

Are you kidding?  I mained frost when he first came out, and this rework is amazing.  There is basically no downside

1: Freeze is buffed, simple as that with the cold proc

2: Ice Wave is buffed, simple as that with the cold and better range

3: I don't have to babysit a globe, it goes up, I go off to do other things.

4: Reduces enemy armor and explodes killed enemies.

How is this anything but an improvement?

It's not like Excal or Ember; Frost isn't getting anything removed. It's just straight upgrades all around.

Well, that's what I hope, anyways. I was expecting straight upgrades all around for Excal as well (ever since the devs said that SJ would effectively merge with SD); yet his mobbing ability with Blind has been smacked down, and his mobility/evasion button is finicky and drastically misbehaves when enemies are nearby. A lot of Excal mains are forcing themselves to adapt to what feels like a new class, and that's something that revamps should most certainly not be doing.

Edited by SortaRandom

Does Anyone think that Ember needs a rework too. I understand she got a slight rework in a hotfix a while back, but Ember still lacks that "oomph" that'll make her useful for more than just low tier infested missions.

But rework frost pls. he deserves it.

Does Anyone think that Ember needs a rework too. I understand she got a slight rework in a hotfix a while back, but Ember still lacks that "oomph" that'll make her useful for more than just low tier infested missions.

But rework frost pls. he deserves it.

Ember needed a rework the day they removed overheat.

Hell even in closed beta most of her skills didn't really work much.

Scott keeps tweaking them back and forth and keeps insisting shes a "caster" or "mage" frame.

While in reality she has no armor , no movement speed , all of her skills are over time and all of them are point blank range.

And to top it off they are all affected by 4 different stats so you literally cant mod her kit without breaking 2-3 powers.

At best you dump her full of energy and efficiency and spam all the abilities together and run out in 3 to 4 casts and die.

I'm exaggerating a bit obviously but the point stands.

Hell without spamming accelerant constantly the other 3 skills you have don't do jack.

.....But all of this info was handed to Scott on a silver platter dozens of times on that ember thread that was essentially ignored.