Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok so now whenever I shoot with my Lex, I get 2 damage numbers?

ZIGS

I upgraded my Lex with 2 damage, bumping it to 72 and tossed in a +4% armour piercing damage mod. Now whenever I shoot someone, I get 2 damage numbers. For example, if I get a headshot, I get a 72 number (makes sense, that's it's current damage) and another 9. Is that extra 9 from the mod?

Ok so if I had 2 extra mods, one with fire damage and the other with freeze damage, whould I get 3 separate damage numbers? Is there separate damage numbers for each different "source" of damage?

And another thing, how was that 9 calculated? 4% of 72 is not 9

Yes, you would. You would get a number for every mod.

I think for armor piercing, what it's doing is calculating the percentage of total damage you would have been doing. I.e. your shots do 150, but their armor reduces it to 75, so...something like that? I'm really not sure what the damage formula is.

Ok so if I had 2 extra mods, one with fire damage and the other with freeze damage, whould I get 3 separate damage numbers? Is there separate damage numbers for each different "source" of damage?

And another thing, how was that 9 calculated? 4% of 72 is not 9

I'm pretty sure damage is elemental damage isn't based off the total damage done, but the base damage. 4% of 225 is 9, and the lex does about 225 damage to unarmored infested.

Oh, well that expalins it. However, if my max damage is 72 and I'm doing 72 on headshots, why would it do 225 damage on infested?

Infested have no armor and are squishy. I don't think it does 225 though, even my modded 30 Lex was hitting for ~100.

Same for grineer heads.

I'm not sure if grineer heads takes bonus damage, so much that they don't take less damage from being armored. If Grineer heads are supposed to take bonus damage, then it seems Lex is not applying it. I find that I do at best, base damage when headshotting a Grineer.

I'm not sure if grineer heads takes bonus damage, so much that they don't take less damage from being armored. If Grineer heads are supposed to take bonus damage, then it seems Lex is not applying it. I find that I do at best, base damage when headshotting a Grineer.

They absolutely do. Try shooting them in the body, then again in the head. It should be about 3x the damage.

Infested and Corpus walkers have vulnerble zones that will do more damage if hit; mainly their heads.

Walkers have 3 vulnerable zones. From my experience, normally hitting with BOLTO did around 30 damage, hitting a zone near the crotch it did around 60, and if I'm not mistaken, hitting the "backpack" (batteries? I dunno) does around 90.

Now I may be wrong, but I experienced this.

I'm prety sure Grineer heads count has ynarmored and have no damage bonus, because when i hit them, it registers te base damage of the Lex (in my case, 72 because of the 2 damage upgrades)

I've experienced the same with the Lex. The question now is do other weapons see higher than base damage when shooting their heads. If so, then it needs to be reported that the Lex is not doing bonus damage.