The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Accidently Retroactivly Made Warframe Pay To Win, Heres How.

CaptainBAMF

I believe founders deserve special status, cosmetics, sigals, weapons, and warframes

but special stats makes the game pointless to those who came after and have still played thousands of hours. Telling us to quit complaining is showing favoritism and not equality bro.

The game is supposed to make things of pvp, pve, about skill. Not special stats, which all definetly make a difference with the right mods.

This it nothing against founders, its against the concept of unobtainable stats itself.

These unobtainable stats barely make any difference. Besides, the stat increases are miniscule. With the right skills and weapons, you can easily outweigh the lack of extra stats.

I believe founders deserve special status, cosmetics, sigals, weapons, and warframes

but special stats makes the game pointless to those who came after and have still played thousands of hours. Telling us to quit complaining is showing favoritism and not equality bro.

The game is supposed to make things of pvp, pve, about skill. Not special stats, which all definetly make a difference with the right mods.

This it nothing against founders, its against the concept of unobtainable stats itself.

Currently, Excaliber, a warframe long overdue for an overhaul and an update has been.

Warframe since its conception has NOT been a pay to win game, rather cosmetics and personalization are what players spent/spend the most cash. This allows Alot of customization without giving a player an advantage over another player.

The moment you can pay for something that give you an advantage to another player, a game becomes pay to win.

What happend here may be a bit of an accident, or a purposeful shift to pay to win by DE. That i do not know.

Excaliber Prime founders package was marketed to be a limited time set of a warframe and 2 weapons. Both of which didnt have advantages over the ingame versions.

Now Excaliber prime has an extra 50 armor, compared to the normal excaliber.

This, perhaps unintentionally, has retroactivly given the excaliber founder package an advantage over non founder users in terms of game stats.

This either needs to be rethought, reworked, or fixed with some very easy ideas.

One, create a skin or attachment or something that will give the same stat boost to a non prime excaliber that the primed version has.

Im sure more users have plenty more ideas and thoughts to add.

In the end, stat buffs and reworks are AWESOME, but lets please keep it from being pay to win.

pay for convience and pay for cosmetics are how it should stay.

Get your facts straight. Its 25 armor not 50. Also If you wanna define this situation with Excalibur Prime as something that has just now made the game pay to win then you are sadly mistaken. The founder prime weapons have always been better than thier normal counter parts and therefor the game have always been "pay to win" by your definition. I fint it odd that your are only bringing it up now that the frame got buffed.

OH NO NOT 25 ARMOR!

the horror....

Ok honestly now this is just getting ridiculous...

Things like this make me regret ever bothering with founders.

This is a perfect example of looking for trivial things to get antsy about.

Its 25 armor, its not a big deal and means next to nothing in the long run.

Your definition of P2W is way off OP.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Excaliber Prime founders package was marketed to be a limited time set of a warframe and 2 weapons. Both of which didnt have advantages over the ingame versions.

Now Excaliber prime has an extra 50 armor, compared to the normal excaliber.

This, perhaps unintentionally, has retroactivly given the excaliber founder package an advantage over non founder users in terms of game stats.

50 bucks for Excalibro alone.

100 for Skana Prime and access to the council.

250 for Lato Prime and a Landmark on top of that.

Every Prime is generally an upgrade to the normal version.

Mentioned founders' advantage ends at 25 more armour, which is equal to like... 3% more HP?

The difference is so minor, I couldn't get myself to care about it, especially when considering Volt Prime which had like, 100% more energy and was like 100$ if one wasn't patient. Apparently Prime Access is not as P2W as Founders' Package in your book.

This is not P2W, because paid advantage is pretty much strictly cosmetic and Warframe is full of power-creep items that are simply superior to it.

Edited by Mofixil

This is a PvE game. How is it pay to win?

That's not how pay to win works--as long as paying allows you to do better than non-paying people, the game is pay to win.

That being said, 25 armor is nothing. If the bonus looked like Volt Prime's, then there would be a problem. But it isn't.

If the stats for excal prime are indentical to the normal excal, why not bring them up to par with the other primes?

All the other primes and their counter-part have increased stats.. i dont see how this is pay to win in any way.

It's 25 armor.

Twenty @(*()$ five of additional armor. That's like, what, 3% damage reduction?

I'd agree with you if the buff is something ridiculous, like Volt P level of energy or 0.3 sprint speed ot something. But no, it's literally a 3% damage reduction. There's no real "advantage" here. Nope. Nothing. No real advantage. Even in PvP.

The moment you can pay for something that give you an advantage to another player, a game becomes pay to win.

So the whole game will now be considered "pay to win" because one frame has 25 more armor points than the one you can still get? 

Seems like you're overselling it.

Armor is a placebo stat, 

False. Armor is very useful if used properly. But 25 is too small to fus over.

How could it be pay 2 win if  founders was years ago? o.O theres no way to obtain?

This +1.

How can they possibly be changing the game to pay-to-win by buffing an item that you can't acquire by paying? Something that's been impossible to acquire since almost 2 years ago?

Maybe if 25 armor was significant you could argue that they'd made it time-travel-to-win.

I've got a lot of unfavorable things to say about DE & how they motivate spending in WF but this is absolutely fine. If anything the founders deserve more than 25 armor, some gold trim & a few thousand mastery points.

This is a PvE game. How is it pay to win?

This is really a moot point. Pay to WIN. Are you saying you can not beat PvE games by paying for items that are exclusive that give you an advantage over said enemies, and over other players who are at a disadvantage compared to you?

Unless it means something different, in that case, I really don't care then. The game, under my definition, isn't Pay to Win. It's Pay to be Fabulous, and I'm highly aggravated that I can't have Excal prime. And he doesn't have any advantages. Nor does the Founder status, really.

And this extra 50 armor... Wow, 2OP4me. Doing the math, it's really worthless. And that really isn't a good example of a pay  to win mechanic, since it's no longer available to anyone, so you can't pay to win this game anymore.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Played against level 80 enemies today, if it hadn't been for that 25 armor I wouldn't have been able to tank all the damage like I did.

Yep, #p2wconfirmed

STAHP lol.

Don't rub fake non-existant salt in their virtual wounds.  XD

It's as if skill, playing effectively, and the ability to play cooperatively are of no significance.

Played against level 80 enemies today, if it hadn't been for that 25 armor I wouldn't have been able to tank all the damage like I did.

Yep, #p2wconfirmed

Oh man game over! ITS GAME OVER MAN!

This is really a moot point. Pay to WIN. Are you saying you can not beat PvE games by paying for items that are exclusive that give you an advantage over said enemies?

Unless it means something different, in that case, I really don't care then. The game, under my definition, isn't Pay to Win. It's Pay to be Fabulous, and I'm highly aggravated that I can't have Excal prime. And he doesn't have any advantages. Nor does the Founder status, really.

And this extra 50 armor... Wow, 2OP4me. Doing the math, it's really worthless. And that really isn't a good example of a pay  to win mechanic, since it's no longer available to anyone, so you can't pay to win this game anymore.

Its not even 50, its 25 lol.

I'm not sure where the rumors started, but Excalibur Prime did not have increased shield recharge.  He was identical to normal Excalibur until this patch.

It is NOT true that Excal Prime was identical to normal. Like all other Primes, he would get 250 energy from deathorbs in Void. He thus has nearly ALWAYS had an exclusive advantage over vanilla Excal.

Almost no one complained about that though. Why? Because that advantage was deemed to be fairly negligible, I suppose. On the same note, is it worth complaining about a mere 25 bonus in armor from 225 to 250?