The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Accidently Retroactivly Made Warframe Pay To Win, Heres How.

CaptainBAMF

Valkyr on Warcy steroids has nothing on me, all because of those extra 25 armor. Now excuse me i have to go and teabag a lvl 200 Napalm Bombard/a Rhino P player in Conclave with the mighty damage reduction given by those 25 extra armor, they taste delicious almost as much as your tears.

I think DE did a great job at buffing Excalibur Prime to be inline with other recent primes.

Believe it or not, 25 Armor buff is acceptable.

I would have complained if the difference was like Volt and Volt Prime.

Just so I am clear, I support Excalibur Prime buff but I am 100% against Lato Prime and Skana Prime buff.

The reason is that I support what is fair. I do not support Excalibur Prime buff because few people think Founders deserve it. Rather, I support it because I want it to be equal to other primes.

Buffing Excalibur Prime a little is fair because we have other primes with better buffs. So, that makes Excalibur Prime inline with other primes.

But buffing Lato Prime and Skana Prime is not at all fair because they are already better than their normal versions. So, they are already inline with other prime weapons.

Though, I must say, I will be the one to complain if DE doesn't give a buff to Frost Prime when they rework Frost, or buff Ember and Mag Prime for that matter.

As a founder, I have every right to that 25 armor.  If you played WoW or any other long standing online game, and you started playing YEARS after it came out, you wouldn't (or after seeing this, maybe you would) start a whole thread about stuff you missed out on and how you deserve to be given it because it performs better, even marginally, at something you enjoy doing.  You missed it, man.  Stop letting it bother you and move on.  There are dozens of weapons you missed out on, too.  I've even missed a couple.  Welcome to online gaming.  The world doesn't stop or rewind for you because you missed something.

This is really a moot point. Pay to WIN. Are you saying you can not beat PvE games by paying for items that are exclusive that give you an advantage over said enemies, and over other players who are at a disadvantage compared to you?

Unless it means something different, in that case, I really don't care then. The game, under my definition, isn't Pay to Win. It's Pay to be Fabulous, and I'm highly aggravated that I can't have Excal prime. And he doesn't have any advantages. Nor does the Founder status, really.

And this extra 50 armor... Wow, 2OP4me. Doing the math, it's really worthless. And that really isn't a good example of a pay  to win mechanic, since it's no longer available to anyone, so you can't pay to win this game anymore.

No, I'm saying that given the game's nature, you are not getting an edge compared to other players, because you are not competing.

Edited by Cynaris

I as a founder I have found this no buffs for Founder items BS, our items should be buffed because it is PRIME and in this game prime>non-prime deal with it. If that is P2W what am I winning this isn't a even competitive pve game. I don't know about everyone but I play to have fun.

25 armor out of 225 and people are actually complaining? Wut?

No, seriously. This is the smallest buff any prime warframe has received. Even Ember's 25 armor buff us worth more because its a higher percentage increase from base armor. This is such an inconsequential buff that its laughable to get uoset over. People like you is why we can't have nice things.

OP, it makes next to no difference.  Excalibur Prime's 25 additional armor adds less than 3% of damage reduction, and that gap shrinks to just above 2% when comparing both frames when equipped with maxed out Steel Fiber.

First off, get your stuff right.  And don't pull the "you didn't see the patch they covered with the hotfix" garbage with me, because I saw both patch notes.  Secondly, you're making a fuss of nothing.  How useful is a 3% damage reduction going to ultimately be?

If you can't have nice things, don't ruin it for other people.  You weren't around to get Excalibur Prime, why don't you cry about why you weren't participating in closed beta instead of moaning about why he's too good?  Or better yet, why don't you look up how to actually play this game so you realize that you're whining about the most insignificant issue facing this game right now?

Edited by TenguBlade

25 armor is practically an ornamental difference. It's not a major game-changer like more speed or energy. It think it's fine. I do think the other older primes could do with a more substantial game-changing difference though. But for Excal Prime this small boost is fine for a legacy item.

To avoid further derailments, I'll Radial Blind this crowd.

To answer to the OP, the comparison of Warframe to a P2W is overdone, plus regarding only one item. Have you already played a P2W? You are clearly subclassed in everything, and progression is a total nightmare -when possible- without paying.
It's not 50 armor on a frame (which has 500), or even more shields and life and even energy if DE ever buff them in the future which will make Warframe unplayable for the others warframes or even affect the game as a whole.

I understand the frustration to not have a collectible item on a game you like, and personnally as a founder, I'm open (even favorable) to the eventuality of Excalibur Prime being released in the game in the future (against exclusive cosmetics compensations to the Founders). But telling Warframe as a whole is a P2W because of a slight advantage on 1 or some stats on 1 class over 25+ is really too much.
Do you realize that without the Founders, there wouldn't be Warframe as you know it? Do you realize DE tries to thank their first supporters for this main reason?

If you want to open the discussion and opportunities for the fanbase (about Excalibur Prime in this case), try not to insult DE's decisions / attempts to be fair and the whole game Warframe with pejorative qualifiers.
Thank you for your future benevolent and constructive attitude.