Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.9.2 + 16.9.2.1

DE_Adam

Changes:

• Optimized the rendering in Grineer Shipyards (Ceres) Defense and Interception minimaps.
  • Updated the firing sound on the Braton Vandal shots.

Fixes:

• Disabled many-core and dual-core physics optimizations until we can isolate why they cause crashes on certain machines.
  • Fixed some door audio effects playing too loudly.
  • Fixed some instances of duplicate player names showing up in the list of chat users.
  • Fixed an issue where the Aegis (from Silva and Aegis) would not collapse when holstered.
  • Fixed some instances of the Datamass spawning in walls on the Corpus Gas City tileset.
  • Fixed Excalibur’s Exalted Blade’s melee attacks always counting as though it were channeled.
  • Fixed a wall in Conclave’s Underwater Lab tileset that did not have proper collision.
  • Fixed players being able to start Annihilation and Team Annihilation matches alone.

Hotfix 16.9.2.1

Fixes:

• Fixed cloth physics not properly reacting to falling distances.
  • Fixed Excalibur’s Exalted Blade copying melee Stance Mods, which would break functionality of the Ability.
  • Fixed an issue causing Excalibur’s Exalted Blade to not properly release energy waves.

Fixes:

• Fixed Excalibur’s Exalted Blade’s melee attacks always counting as though it were channeled.

Aw, shucks.

Not all Excal players are running in with dedicated melee builds, so I think an innate health drain on Exalted Blade would be nice. Especially for players whose frames are built for gunplay (i.e. Redirection, no Rage, etc) so activating EB and being in every enemy's face isn't going to give them free energy that they can regain HP with.

New players have it especially bad, since pressing 4 locks them into melee and they don't have a way of regaining HP. It's a bit of a suicide button at the moment.

By the way, still no fix for EB's waves not scaling from all melee mods. I think Rebecca said that was the design intent in the megathread.

EDIT: Yep, she did say that!

The design intent is:

Slash Dash damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade damage scales off of all melee mods.

Exalted Blade waves scale off of all melee mods.

Will look to see what's up - if anyone can post details (Damage #'s vs enemies) it'll help troubleshoot! Also include relevant loadout details (i.e my Radiant Finish Augment skews damage numbers, etc).

Edited by SortaRandom

lame as heck, would've been better to just make it so channeling mods worked regardless with valk and excal....why...BECAUSE WE ARE ALREADY CHANNELING ENERGY :| thankfully i didnt get used to it

edit:hell make the channeling mods work while not channeling with EB, but still use up energy...THAT was the bug...it wasnt using energy :| but again, my point still stands, we are already channeling energy so just add a buff so we arent burning through energy like we would normally when using LS (or any channeling mod for that matter) on a melee weapon.

Edited by xcynderx

Could we at least have some sort of reduced melee channel energy cost while Exalted blade is active?

I just want it to have SOME sort of buff to melee channeling, I mean, c'mon, Excalibur is creating a sword made out of ENERGY, so why doesn't it have any in-built melee channel buffs?!

Honestly, I just like the melee channel deterioration effect when you kill enemies, feels extremely odd to be stabbing/cutting/slicing them with an energy sword and they just fall over as if it was a regular sword.