Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.9.2 + 16.9.2.1

DE_Adam

LIFE STRIKE STILL WORKS FOR EXALTED BLADE. 

DO SOME TESTING BEFORE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS GUYS.

THE PATCH MADE IT SO YOU WEREN'T CONSUMING ENERGY FOR EVERY HIT YOU DID WITHOUT CHANNELING.

Nope just tested it. It is not working without channeling.

I had hoped the innate channeling was intended, seemed to make sense, considering how E.Blade requires a DEDICATED melee build to shine.

We really need innate life strike with it too, because 225/250 armor is, as we have always been saying, quite useless in a game with such a stupidely broken scaling.

Enemies STILL have stupidely high armor and damage scaling, while we have paper armor AND no scaling at all for damage based abilities and most damage mitigation abilities (unless they're flat COMPLETE damage mitigation... all or nothing much devs?^^'). Only Valkyr has a base armor value worth anything. Anything below 600 is just pointless, both at lower levels where enemies really won't do enough damage to take our shields down, and at higher levels where they do so much damage they just don't give a damn about our paper armor. Ironic, one would think that's where it would actually be of use, with shields going down in a second... Just saying.

EDIT : Still, great work on Excal, kudos guys.

Edited by Marthrym

Seems like the hotfix broke Exalted Blade for me also. It's using my Shimmering Blight stance, won't fire energy waves regardless of channeling, and the Exalted Blade stance in the UI appears only ranked up to level 2 (My Shimmering Blight stance is ranked up to level 3, so it's unrelated to that.)

ALSO: It seems like Exalted Blade is using base melee weapon damage... I tried using a Exalted Blade with a level 0 Dakra Prime on Phorid... needless to say it didn't end well.

Slide attacks also don't give radial blind now.

Edited by Auraelus

Lol DE get your stuff together, now Exalted Blade is completely broken

After this hotfix, it does not shoot waves, uses melee weapons stance instead of its own stance

energy wave not affected by melee mods still not fixed

While not host melee dmg mod not carrying properly still not fixed

I'd understand it is a bug, but I think the innate life strike would be beneficial. No one was really complaining about it, and yes it did count as channeling, since the energy sword IS using energy.

Edit Addition: Sure, you can still use actual channeling to get health back, but my guess is that it will cause more drain on your energy like it does on the regular melee, and in heated situations that is just not optimal. No energy, no Exalted Blade. Now people will be less likely to go in and have fun with EB because they would run out of energy too quickly to cover for lost health.

My vote: reverse the fix.

Edited by R34LM

Changes:

• Optimized the rendering in Grineer Shipyards (Ceres) Defense and Interception minimaps.
  • Updated the firing sound on the Braton Vandal shots.

Fixes:

• Disabled many-core and dual-core physics optimizations until we can isolate why they cause crashes on certain machines.
  • Fixed some door audio effects playing too loudly.
  • Fixed some instances of duplicate player names showing up in the list of chat users.
  • Fixed an issue where the Aegis (from Silva and Aegis) would not collapse when holstered.
  • Fixed some instances of the Datamass spawning in walls on the Corpus Gas City tileset.
  • Fixed Excalibur’s Exalted Blade’s melee attacks always counting as though it were channeled.
  • Fixed a wall in Conclave’s Underwater Lab tileset that did not have proper collision.
  • Fixed players being able to start Annihilation and Team Annihilation matches alone.

ah the holographic drywall

Seems like the hotfix broke Exalted Blade for me also. It's using my Shimmering Blight stance, won't fire energy waves regardless of channeling, and the Exalted Blade stance in the UI appears only ranked up to level 2 (My Shimmering Blight stance is ranked up to level 3, so it's unrelated to that.)

Confirmed. Energy waves are gone! EB is now using whatever stance you melee has equipped. Custom stance is gone.

OMG with this fix you broke the ultimate, now it uses equipeed melee stance. Why do fixes break the game lol.

brb abusing the hell out of this before it gets fixed

EDIT:

I just tried it with a polearm stance. It's slow and short-ranged.

EDIT2:

I just tried it with Crimson Dervish. It's slow and makes me feel like a god.

Edited by SortaRandom

Fixes:

• Disabled many-core and dual-core physics optimizations until we can isolate why they cause crashes on certain machines.

I for one would like to have them turned on optionally, in the Launcher:

* Enable EXPERIMENTAL multi-core optimizations (may cause crashes) 

This would allow the players who want to leave in the bleeding edge/provide feedback to help DEbugging ;)

What about Slash Dash not actually attacking in a cone as advertized? It homes in on the enemy you're aiming at and that's it.

Also, thank you for tweaking the Braton Vandal. Was a little disheartening that it suddenly sounded like a Grakata.