Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.9.2 + 16.9.2.1

DE_Adam

Honestly... having the skill lifesteal with the mod attached while it constantly drained energy and cost even more energy to swing the damn thing felt really good.

Perhaps just have the lifestrike mod apply 5% channeled and the full effect channeled?

We are aware of the issue with Exalted Blade and are working on a fix! :) 

On a serious note, are you aware of the issue with adding an account named "[DE]YesLifeStrikeWorks" and then removing the effect? It's in really poor taste to acknowledge something as a feature, then remove it a day or so later.

I've a few friends that are now trying to grab a second Life Strike since they had already maxed theirs because of that.

I don't get why it is a big deal that you must channel with Exalted Blade to take advantage of channeling mods..........

More energy drain. To channel with life strike during EB is really going to hamper on energy efficiency. Look at Valkyr, she get's complete invincibility as well as innate life steal. The argument is "Why use Excalibur when Valkyr does it better?".

Edited by R34LM

Not that i mind that the bug got fixed but now the ability is not just broken but useless please bring back the shock waves take those away and you might as well change him back to what he was. The Blade also now uses the stance of your melee weapon you can not see the blade and the energy does not drain. There is also now nearly no damage i could not even 1 shot a level 5 grineer trooper please please fix it he was so good

Aw, shucks.

Not all Excal players are running in with dedicated melee builds, so I think an innate health drain on Exalted Blade would be nice. Especially for players whose frames are built for gunplay (i.e. Redirection, no Rage, etc) so activating EB and being in every enemy's face isn't going to give them free energy that they can regain HP with.

New players have it especially bad, since pressing 4 locks them into melee and they don't have a way of regaining HP. It's a bit of a suicide button at the moment.

By the way, still no fix for EB's waves not scaling from all melee mods. I think Rebecca said that was the design intent in the megathread.

EDIT: Yep, she did say that!

they can just press 4 again and go back to gunplay. And any new player that picks excal should be willing to learn how to use him. They should update his description in the codex and starter frame choices. Its not a suicide button if you learn how to use it. and he dose have more then just EB, RB is great for players that use Gunplay.

On a serious note, are you aware of the issue with adding an account named "[DE]YesLifeStrikeWorks" and then removing the effect? It's in really poor taste to acknowledge something as a feature, then remove it a day or so later.

I've a few friends that are now trying to grab a second Life Strike since they had already maxed theirs because of that.

I am one of them.

[DE]YesLifeStrikeWorks

Liar

Traitor

I would also like to see EB be treated as having constant energy channeling. It drains your energy by 3ps, which I would argue is similar enough to channeling to warrant such treatment. Having it function with channeling-specific mods were the icing on the cake that made Excal feel enjoyable. 

Have you ever had a cake with no icing? Sure, it tastes alright, but most people, if given the choice wouldn't prefer it. 

More energy drain. To channel with life strike during EB is really going to hamper on energy efficiency. Look at Valkyr, she get's complete invincibility as well as innate life steal. The argument is "Why use Excalibur when Valkyr does it better?".

Let's compare

Valkyr

>Innate Life Steal

>Butt

>Swag

>Angry

>Re-model coming soon

>Armor

>Can buff entire team

>Has Potential CC builds with Augment

>Power 3 is CC for no fall off

>Oh you want more armor bae?  Press 2

>Spiderwoman

Excalibur

>Life Steal that drains energy

>ULT that drains energy

>Double drainage of energy

>Triple drainage of energy if using more than 1 CH mod

>No Butt

>Swag 

>Lower Armor

>Can CC for the entire team

>Power 3 is useless <--After Lvl 25 enemies

>Slash Dash is RNG

>You will die at high level now for the above reasons

>Channel to save your life only to die by using all of your energy at lvl 40+ 

hmmm...Valkyr POST DEAC Excal back to DEAC/Fun

Edited by Ishki88

Meh, when you're able to stay in Exalted Blade for 3 to 5 minutes or even way longer, I don't see the big deal.  (I use only Streamline mod)

Still no fix for "alt-fire" weapons not being able to zoom.

Relevant:

About this option:

7KlQyaR.jpg

There is currently a discussion on the topic which may result in Aim/Secondary Fire being combined, as separating the two actually doesn't allow for any real function on a handful of weapons (as OP suggests).

More on this topic after dev continues to discuss/investigate, but just a general heads up that this is on the radar and may result in a simplified solution where Aim/Secondary bindings are combined.

Edited by Zaniux

I am one of them.

[DE]YesLifeStrikeWorks

Liar

Traitor

Lifestrike does work. You just have to manually channel life strike like normal.  The text was there because at the very intial release nothing worked on EB, no mods whatsoever.  Then they fixed it so that all mods work on EB, especially lifestrike, and they made that to advertise that it does indeed work (along with berserker).  the only difference was that it was working automatically without manual player input to channel.  The only change that's been made is that you have to manually channel lifestrike now, just like you have to do with the mod normally with every other melee weapon.

The other issue, loss of EB's stance and wave blade attacks, is a bug and is being addressed.