Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.9.2 + 16.9.2.1

DE_Adam

DE for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT "FIX" THIS!!!

ObgC045.jpg

(though you can remove the sugatra from the blade, makes no sense on an energy sword. Though it kinda looks like a lightsaber now.)

P.S. Ignore the parrot. Forgot to change it before I went to slaughter Phorid.

Edited by Gh0st.87

Well ... take something good and do not add a fix for the missing damage scale of exalted blade's wave.

Still a useless ulti.

By taking life strike "bug" right away, you are doing a great job, as always. *nerf nerf*

This might not be a good place to talk about this but...

The new infested buff by Juggernaut scream wasn't needed. Infested are already quite incredibly annoying.

doesnt necessarily mean it should be removed just because it buffs them. i get quite bored now with the "challenge" some levels provide so im all up for buffs for enemies and such

Aw, shucks.

Not all Excal players are running in with dedicated melee builds, so I think an innate health drain on Exalted Blade would be nice. Especially for players whose frames are built for gunplay (i.e. Redirection, no Rage, etc) so activating EB and being in every enemy's face isn't going to give them free energy that they can regain HP with.

New players have it especially bad, since pressing 4 locks them into melee and they don't have a way of regaining HP. It's a bit of a suicide button at the moment.

By the way, still no fix for EB's waves not scaling from all melee mods. I think Rebecca said that was the design intent in the megathread.

EDIT: Yep, she did say that!

The solution to the new player issue is .. Let them learn. Lets hold off a few months before we start ruining Excals rework with bad ideas like making his 4 drain health. Positively not a good idea. You'll just discourage its use and force it to be used solely within certain builds. All his abilities should be viable regardless of the build without decreasing the players survivability. Just the way you could have previously centered a build around Javelin without making you suffer for using his other abilities even if they were debuffed by certain mods. Excal is perfectly fine now. Leave him be. The only sensible thing they've done so far involved the recent change to the persistent channel effect from exalted blade. Everything else is perfectly fine.

Edited by Zeirem

The solution to the new player issue is .. Let them learn. Lets hold off a few months before we start ruining Excals rework with bad ideas like making his 4 drain health. Positively not a good idea. You'll just discourage its use and force it to be used solely within certain builds. All his abilities should be viable regardless of the build without decreasing the players survivability. Just the way you could have previously centered a build around Javelin without making you suffer for using his other abilities even if they were debuffed by certain mods. Excal is perfectly fine now. Leave him be. The only sensible thing they've done so far involved the recent change to the persistent channel effect from exalted blade. Everything else is perfectly fine.

I believe you misunderstood. By health drain, I'm sure he meant life steal. I personally say that having it constantly channeling with no additional energy drain would be a perfect, yet subtle way to make Excal an end-game viable frame. 

Why should we get over that life strike nerf ? While Valkyr has her invulnerability + it gets her life back ? get rid of her Life Back thingy too then. And that is not even close to comparison because excalibur has his energy drained while with Exalted Blade on :)

he was able to Tie in melee with Valkyr with his life strike innate, now it pretty much is like every other frame playing melee.

Exactly. Why can Valkyr have life steal on her strikes innately but Excalibur can't have it only when equipped?

And I always wondered how I was so healthy most of the time.... oh well. Too lazy to reconfigure for that change XD

(I like Valkyr more anyway, except Hysteria. Hysteria is boring)

But ya. He is not suddenly "useless" Instead of complaining you should adapt to the change. Makes it more challenging, think outside of the box.

Unless EB is really broken like right now. Then play some other Frame until its fixed. Soon hopefully