The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prize-Winning Skins Not Working For Scindo Prime

Zareek

I'm currently drooling over the Kuberus Scindo Skin, and at the same time, im crying because it only applies to the normal scindo. Isnt the model for Scindo and Scindo Prime the same? Either way, please make the Prize skins work for Prime too. I really want to purchase it !

My Chroma is pleased (normal scindo):
Chromaa_zpsq35z6q4c.jpg

Edited by Zareek

the scindo prime is a completely different model in comparison to the normal one, the prize winning ones however were made for the normal variant, there was a time when the scindo prime came out that they forgot to disable the additional skins you could put on to it(such as the forest camo skin) and it did not look right, there were broken textures and such, so unless you want a very broken looking weapon, that is your reason why you can't put the prize winning skins on the prime scindo

It's complicated, and this is correct:

the scindo prime is a completely different model in comparison to the normal one, the prize winning ones however were made for the normal variant, there was a time when the scindo prime came out that they forgot to disable the additional skins you could put on to it(such as the forest camo skin) and it did not look right, there were broken textures and such, so unless you want a very broken looking weapon, that is your reason why you can't put the prize winning skins on the prime scindo

This is an 'if we can, we will' - not a 'top of the list item', but certainly an active conversation that gets a lot of input when it occurs!

This is an 'if we can, we will' - not a 'top of the list item', but certainly an active conversation that gets a lot of input when it occurs!

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents out.

If the skins can't be used becuase of model issues, then why are the skins that are complete model changes (brokk, dagger axe, etc.) not allowed either?

Wouldn't a simple fix be just having the scindo prime use the same model that the regular scindo uses, but only when one of those skins are being used?

Tbh, it's been a long time since this problem has risen, and I still feel kinda duped on my money when I bought the entire tennogen bundle, only to end up using a single skin for the vectis.

Im gonna buy the skin anyways and get the most out of the normal Scindo :)

This could have been solved really easy as i said once:

Why not have those skins its "own separate" model that looks exactly like the original Scindo/Zorens etc... and then just apply skins on them.

Think of it like modelswaps rather than applying skins on a prime weapon. 

What about manticore axe skin? Why i can't use it on my scindo prime?

Just swap the model to that of the normal Scindo when the skin is equipped. Model swaps are easy solutions to all of these problems.

We can model-swap the Reaper Prime into a candy cane, and we can model-swap the Glaive Prime, Kestrel, and Halikar into the Dark Sector Glaive. I don't see why we can't just model-swap Scindo Prime, Paris Prime, etc. when equipping skins that people are still actively purchasing.

Just swap the model to that of the normal Scindo when the skin is equipped. Model swaps are easy solutions to all of these problems.

We can model-swap the Reaper Prime into a candy cane, and we can model-swap the Glaive Prime, Kestrel, and Halikar into the Dark Sector Glaive. I don't see why we can't just model-swap Scindo Prime, Paris Prime, etc. when equipping skins that people are still actively purchasing.

This.

to stop the 10+ threads a week and add a feature that I doubt anyone would object to (and it would most likely boost sale of skins) why not just make it so primes take the non prime mesh for skins. And to address the problem of the few(2) with stats just remove them for primes.

I'd say the least amount of trouble would be to make the skin selection be like the alt helmets/alt Warframe skins (Proto-Xcal and Nemesis Nyx), where the whole model changes. That way, the Scindo Prime will simply use the regular Scindo mesh along with the custom community texture skin on it.

I don't see how that's difficult nor complicated from a programming point of view, considering you've done it with the Glaive Prime --> Proto Glaive.

Edited by Casardis

I'd say the least amount of trouble would be to make the skin selection be like the alt helmets/alt Warframe skins (Proto-Xcal and Nemesis Nyx), where the whole model changes. That way, the Scindo Prime will simply use the regular Scindo mesh along with the custom community texture skin on it.

I don't see how that's difficult nor complicated from a programming point of view, considering you've done it with the Glaive Prime --> Proto Glaive.

Yup, you bet, that's the plan now it seems!

I doesn't make sense though, I understand it will look broken, but can't we just get the scindo shape and form when we apply it to our scindo prime? This would at least give us the ability to keep our stats instead of having to switch to the regular scindo

Answered by Rebecca above. 

But I hope that these silly things won't happen for future gear

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488

What about the people who bought skins for their Scindo Primes during this period but can't use them anymore? Are we SOL?