June 19Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,093 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

my only real comments about this will be balance. 

enemies:

bombards, ancient healers, nullifiers, detron crewmen, balisticas, mutalist moas, seekers and helians (archwing and normal) are far more obnoxious than they should be. in numbers, they're broken when it comes to game balance.

the infinite scaling on damage is broken. we can't take a hit in high levels and low levels are a joke. 

hitscan weapons make it impossible to avoid damage.

weapons:

shotguns and snipers are awful.

daggers and scythes are left in the dust. 

a lot of melee weapons can't hit low to the ground units.

mods for weapons are also so unbalanced. why can't we just have them all boost stats the same? +165% for rifles, +220% for pistols and +90% for melee for example is whacky and inconsistent. 

warframes:

ability damage has no sense of scale so low levels are stupidly easy and high levels are just tickled. 

we have frames like limbo and ember, for example, who seem to have no real sense of direction. they (on paper) are fairly decent frames, but in actual play, they're niche at best.

augment mods are in a weird place. some frames have room for them and that's good, but frames like chroma get their effectiveness reduced to slot an arguably terrible mod in.

Edited by RafaelFuchs

Coptering / Wall running / Parkour 2.0

I really think coptering is fun and or doesn't have to go or should need a really good replacement. It's just that insane to jump over a canyon, travel the map quickly to guard more ground or to revive a player that wandered off a little too far. It's not too fast, It's fun as it is now. (Unless you somehow got that no friction bug when coptering or are playing with prisma skana + volt + max berserker)

Wall-running is a little slow, it just doesn't increase movement speed at all. Wall flinging makes you go faster but the good surfaces are kinda rare. In void there are all round corners and doors that will make you run in the direction you don't want or make you simply fling into a wall. 

My main concern about this new parkour is that the doors might break all your build up speed. We need to be able to jump/run through without losing much speed.

The Spy Alone

Yes, solo missions. Only solo. Except when playing with friends you know. It's easy to blame someone and the additional reward on hacking all 3 just makes it worse. But at least the rewards from them are ok.

Completionists

I'm a slow player. I need to know every gun I have, need to multifomra it and want to use it. All my guns will get the love they deserve. I kinda hate that MR thing. Its just totally wrong now with the farms. How is it even possible to have 0 kills and 0% damage on a level 30 weapon and be rewarded for it?

Whenever someone asks for mastery rank he's just another player who doesn't get how this game works in my eyes.

Balance

-Weapons

IT's pretty #*($%%@ up right now. Rifles are strong, auto rifles are godly, but anything else is usually garbage. It's not only the weapon damage, it's also the enemies that contribute to this. Nullifiers have a hard damage cap on their shields that renders snipers and slow weapons useless. Manics have damage caps and move too fast for some players so that it makes snipers and bows useless. The stalker instakills you if you are too slow and moves too fast so it makes snipers useless. Crewman in high void and high corpus got buffed to insane levels in wich they also oneshot you from close range so shotguns are useless.

See, autofire rifles just have no enemies, while the others have a lot.

​-frames

When you were finished with excalibur I thought limbo was next but frost came first. Now I'm really waiting on a limbo buff somewhere. In everything he does there is just a frame better than him. I often see me switch to volt or frost to defend, loki or trinity to be immortal,... I like limbo but I just don't pick him for these missions.

Movement speed is fine as long as sprinting becomes infinite. Coptering animation needs to die. I don't care if move itself stays or go, $&*&*#(%& spinning animation needs to be killed and replaced.

Spy missions encourage solo play is putting it mildly. I firmly believe that to have a good coop game with mass appeal you need to kill ability of single player to actively fail the game for the team. As much as possible that is.

I do collect everything on PS4 except some cosmetics. Can't equip several simultaneously so why bother? Plus, since you kept a frame and two weapons pc exclusive I don't like the idea of giving you too much money. That will go towards devs who treat PS4 as superior platform, aka offer exclusives worth a lick of salt. And while I complete codex, it's very dry. Could use a short lore entry for every single enemy, like feral kubrow entry. They all should be like it.

Balance-wise whole game is a mess. Not sure where to start. I would hard cap enemy damage output on level 35 and health on level 60, then start nerfing stuff that trivialise hardest missions too much.You need to put a soft cap and a hard cap on everything otherwise it's impossible to balance. And one more thing, balance of weapons is just dumb on the most basic level. Just look at clan weapons. Supra is treated like superior weapon of corpus lab, but it's terrible. Atomos is better than ignis... I mean, just try to make weapon relative power make a bit of sense. A small, cheaper version of same weapon shouldn't be blatantly superior.

Just wanted to give my two cents about the first one.

There has only been one time in Warframe (when I was moving a decent distance from one place to another) where I felt I didn't need to copter to move faster.  That was in a squad where we had a Zephyr and a Volt, both modded for power strength.

We had such a speed boost that running around the level (with Jet Stream + Speed) was faster than coptering, especially since we weren't running into walls (like you tend to fly into walls when coptering fast enough).

I really enjoyed those missions I did with those guys.  Not having to copter every few seconds was quite nice, and the speed was amazing and satisfying.  Moving at that speed, slicing through enemies, was probably the closest Warframe had ever felt to 'ninja' to me - and that's a really, really good thing.

Now, if all warframes could move at that speed (or even somewhat close to it) that'd be pretty damn fun, so I'm definitely in favor of a movement speed increase (especially if it's a significant one).  I can't say it'd be balanced, but I definitely think it'd be more fun.

New player here! i played briefly a year or two ago, and decided to come back and try it out. Thought I could give some thought on lower-level play and what it's like fighting my way through the first plantes

Movement Speed:

I started out with the Excalibur frame (don't know if that's significant or not), and I generally feel like if I'm not sprinting/sliding/coptering I'm not moving very fast. It's kind of frustrating to have to spam buttons just to get across the map in a halfway decent time, especially since I'm the type that likes to peek into every nook and cranny. 

Spy Missions:

Personally, I've yet to team up with another player (but that's mainly because the game boots me from a party every time I try to que up). That being said, spy missions are awesome. I've always been a fan of stealth and having a mission centered around being sneaky is awesome. Even if they were changed to be better with a party, I probably wouldn't play with a group anyways just because I enjoy being that "lone spy". 

Completionist:

As of right now, I don't care. I just want to explore some more.

Balance:

As a relative newbie, I can't say anything on higher level play at all, and anything I say in general should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, I do have a few thoughts on this topic.

As far as weapons go, it's kind of sad that snipers/shotguns are left in the dust. I love using bows, but they're next to useless in an actual fight because of their reliance on charge damage coupled with low ammo/ammo drops. If I miss an arrow or don't fully charge it up, I usually feel like I'm wasting the shot, even if it the situation requires it. Not to mention a group of charging enemies (or even just groups of enemies) is a nightmare because there is no way I will be able to kill them all in a decent time frame ON TOP OF practically running out of ammo from 1-2 fights. Seriously, I've gone through entire missions where there hasn't been a single sniper ammo drop and I'm pigeonholed into using my sidearm or melee weapon to compensate. 

For mods, I find them kind of confusing, and also kind of frustrating. I've watched a few videos in order to get a better grasp of the game, and mods are the most annoying part for me. There are so many, and there are so many bad ones. If you don't have mods x,y,z installed in your equipment then you're statistically at a disadvantage. I like options, and straight damage, fire rate, etc. mods don't let me have those options. 

Some enemies are sososososo infuriating to play against. Like bombadiers. Damn I hate those things. No matter what I do, I never feel good fighting them because their rockets always hit me, no matter if I jumped, slid, rolled, or did a combination to dodge them. Also, stacking buffs on enemies should be a no no, at least on normal mobs. It is extremely annoying to face an infested horde that have so many buffs it makes bodybuilders jealous. I feel weak and useless fighting them, especially when I'm being tossed back and forth by ancients like I'm a football. Furthermore, it would be great if there were fewer "mass mobs." I hate running into a room and finding forty enemies with their guns pointed at me already. This adds to the frustration when a baddie sets off an alarm; this basically means I'll be fighting nonstop for the next five minutes with no clear opportunity to shut off the alarm. I get the endless horde thing for defense missions and such, but why does it feel like I'm being bum rushed in a sabotage mission?

All of that being said, the game is still fun. I like it so far, and I hope that it continues to improve the way it has over the past couple years.

[EDIT] I just randomly thought of a cool stealth mechanic. So right now enemies pretty much always know where you are, and it's either hilariously easy to sneak up on them (if they haven't detected you) or can chase you to hell (if they have seen you). I would like the option of being able to break their line of vision, sneak around to a new place, and see them unaware of my movements. That would allow for stealth kills in the middle of combat, and it would also add a whole new layer to the game. 

Edited by FreakyCheeze

Coptering / Wall Running / Parkour 2.0:

As much as I like the convenience that coptering brings, I think it should still stay but limits should be imposed such as a 5 seconds cool down or something. If however, it should have to be removed, you can compensate for it by increasing base movement speed values or increasing distance traveled or travel speed via sliding or any other parkour-related movement. Aerial melee should stay, I like it the way it is, however there is one thing that I do not like about it: When I fling myself up into a ceiling or a corner with small crevices using a melee weapon, the fling momentum does not end, I still end up performing the "aerial physics" motion even if I have already bumped an obstacle. I end up having to wait a few seconds before my warframe lands. This should be changed so that when I hit the wall, momentum should end, or gradually but quickly slows down.

Spy:

Yes, new players often find themselves triggering the alarm and failing the mission. But players already have a choice if they want to do it solo, or in a squad so I think that already answers the issue. The player can decide if he wants to complete the mission faster with the squad by dividing and accessing different vaults at the same time but risk failure or play solo and ensure success at his own terms.

Completion:

Completing stuff is what helps me stay and play warframe. I like the satisfaction of seeing the "mastered/completed" icon on things found in the codex. I think this should also be implemented in the market weapon section to see which weapons have already been mastered by the player. It saves a lot of time instead of looking at the codex/player profile before buying a weapon to see if you have already mastered it.

Balance (I really think this is worth reading) Please read this DE:   :)

The never ending concern for all games of all ages. From what I have seen and experienced by playing warframe, the elements mostly affected by balance are the Warframes. I find it weird that Warframe shield/health/armor/etc. values have little variety, and if there was, the gap between the values are too big (Ex. Valkyr armor shooting up to 600. While the next highest is 350 (Chroma)).

I think these values should GREATLY differ for all warframes to give a sense of variety and role in the squad. Yes, tanks should have high armor/health while casters should have higher max energy. Fast frames should have higher base movement speed. But I do not really see this being implemented well enough. Most warframes' Health have a value of 100. I need to see some 130's, 110's, 95's in there. For Shield Capacity, most I see are 150's and 100's still there should be values in between - like 130 or 105, for more variety, Shield Regeneration speed stat should also be shown and tweaked a little - I think this would help determine a warframe's playstyle such as hit and run, stealth, head-on brawling, etc. Energy is not really a concern because it rarely affects gameplay and can be handled by proper mods. Armor, like health and shields, should have more changing values between frames. Lowest I think is 15 then the next would be 50. I need to see more values like 30, 45, etc. Past the armor rating of 100, the variety I think its ok but still, more differing values would be nice. Except for the huge gap between Valkyr and Chroma. Maybe you can tweak a frame to have an armor of 400 just to close the gap. Like Rhino or Oberon.

To help maintain balance when increasing a value on a frame, you can try reducing other values to compensate. Such as increaing Rhino's armor but reducing his shields similar to Valkyr. Or increasing Volt's speed even further but reducing armor. etc.

Another concern is Power strength, as what I have read from other posts, it really falls short for higher tier enemies. I understand that enemies should gradually be getting strong so that players would be forced to extract. But the strength of abilities simply just vanish. Utility abilities may even be more useful rather than pure damaging abilities. There should be more scaling of ability damage so that their damage can still be felt but not entirely be too overpowered to give the game more challenge.

For Weapons, I think that the strength of weapons requiring another weapon or forma as a component to build should be stronger. The question that pops into mind is, "Why should I sacrifice this weapon in order to build a weapon with almost similar stats?" It should be changed so that rarer, more harder to craft weapons are visibly stronger compared to their easily buildable counterparts. 

Its all about readjusting values. Thanks!

Edited by Frostkeeper24

The Finished Codex is my goal

Every Weapon

Every Warframe

Every Mod

Every Enemy

Every Sentinel

Everything!

I really wished i was rewarded for going on this self-imposed quest (in a method other than mastery rewards). But ill be fine for while.

Taking on the grind mountain is the self-imposed Meta-End-Game I make for myself to keep warframe interesting for me.

It gives me a reason to log in and do things while the team works on Lore-ey bits for me to actually chow through!

i don't think the movement speed is a problem in warframe, with coptering, you barely run anymore. but what can be considered is the map scale, some rooms are just filler rooms, with no purpose than filling the map. (no secret rooms or uses for survival pods or even exacavator) 

It becomes tedious to just past by thoses room again and again. i point out europa with humongous distance to get to the end or even the objective.

Movement Speed: Gotta go Fast(er)!

With the impending removal of stamina incoming, I can't help but feel that the game will slow down a lot more than people here think it will. Yes, I agree, currently it's a race to the end sort of deal with non survival/defense/interception missions. But then, without coptering and buttsliding, our current speed will suffer greatly. You think your Frost will be able to keep up with your Loki? Or Rhino against Mirage? Even Excal will lag behind frames like Limbo and Ash, both which have speeds higher than Excal's 1.0. I'm not really asking for all warframes to be the same in speed, but having them/some faster would really help to keep the team together, keep the pace of it up, and help justify removing coptering.

Spy Missions: 007 Could use a Partner...for the Right Price.

Currently, I do these solo. Reasoning is as follows:

-Go with team that's bad at spy? Partner Rhino's *ahem* "lower-frontal chassis" trips the alarm accidentally. Welp, there goes one of those potential dual stat mods...

-Go with team that's good at spy? Yay, we shaved about 3-4 minutes of spy time for good rewards!

-Go alone? Well, I don't suck, and it may take time but hey, I'll get the same amount of rewards as if I went with a team. And with a guarantee that I'll get all 3!

My point here is that the rewards for working together WELL as a team should be greater than when you go solo. As it stands, there's no incentive for me to risk a 5+ minute match where my friend messes up if I could instead do it alone and know I won't mess it up. Or if I do, that it was all on me.

Completionism: Achievement Unlocked, +0 Incentive!

The only thing I really feel driven to complete is getting all the guns and warframes. I've done that with the warframes (except you, dear Excalibro Prime...) and now I'm working on the weapons (except for you, dear Snipetron/Skana Prime/Lato Prime/etc). The Codex I could care less about really. Only thing it does right now is give you a list of things you get from them (aka, wiki) and let you spawn them for practice shots in Simaris' simulator.

Warframes: Miss, You Dropped Your Viability Back There.

Everyone knows that one Saryn. You know, that one that goes all Strength and Range and spams 4. Yeah that one. Wait, you mean that's all Saryns? Huh...

Powers need to be switched around, adjusted, etc, especially on "Power" warframes (rooting for you Ember!). I know that the team is working hard on those changes, and realize that they take a lot of time to actually complete for balance reasons. But perhaps in the meanwhile, some quick fixes can be done in general to help these Mage-like warframes, since after a certain level, there's no point in spamming Freeze/Fireball/Shock/etc when all the skill does at that point is knock a sliver of health off. At that point, your warframe choice is minimal, and you begin to rely more on just your EHP and primary weapon. Speaking of...

Primary Weapons: Alms for the Poor?

A lot of people here have mentioned viability and how Snipers/Shotty's will not be viable until we reign in Soma/Boltor Prime. Perhaps I'm just investing too many formas, but I find myself using a lot of the unpopular weapons in high tier missions, ie Vectis in T4 Def, Sobek in T4 Survivals, etc, and I find that they ARE indeed capable of killing long into the match. That being said, pulling out a Boltor/Soma, or any weapon considered top tier makes my "weak" guns...well, weak by comparison. I'd prefer not to nerf the popular ones, but if some sort of buff could be given to other weapons, that would be great.

Archwings: Space...the Final, Very, Very Empty Frontier...

Everyone's said it. Archwing sucks. The more eloquent of us actually give reasons, namely the lack of progression and variety. It's new (comparatively), we understand that. But uh...maybe doing something a little more substantial would help out? Namely a new mode? Or...effect on other missions? Idk, something to make it more than just another (pointless) grind.

Sentinels: Need a few 1-Ups

I quite enjoy these guys. Regen my shield, give me a shield to revive teammates, and provide a good deal extra damage. What I don't like is having them pop due to bombard shells hitting my Frost's bubble and not having them for the rest of the game. I saw an earlier post mention something about a consumable item to revive your Sentinel. That might encroach a bit on the "Regneration" mod, but honestly I feel like I should be capable of bringing them back, especially when there's little I can do directly to keep them from dying (unlike my Kubrow).

Corrupted Mods: Optionally Necessary

That Narrow Minded, making my Bubbles last for days, even if they are tiny. Blind Rage? Oh yeah, makes Blade Storm rip everything apart. And who needs aim on a Gorgon when Heavy Caliber makes every bullet hit with the strength of ten suns. It's too bad those mods cost me my diversity.

Every one of my "real" builds requires at least one Corrupted mod. Which in turn requires me to put some mods to counter the negative parts of the mod. Which leaves me with 2 less slots for building, therefore decreasing my different builds. Personally, I'd rather use mods that DON'T make my Slash Dash cost half a mortgage's worth of energy, but I understand why Blind Rage does that. It's just...the gap between Blind Rage and Intensify is ridiculous, there's no real inbetween mod. Yeah, ok, the Primed mods are there, and the gap between Primed Continuity and Narrow Minded is really good, I feel like that's where Continuity should be.

Primed Continuity costs waaaay more cores to max out than Narrow Minded, yet it is still "weaker" than Minded. For something that costs 1million credits to trade, that's rather...weak. Perhaps the regular tier mods should be at the Primed level, the primed up'd a liiitle bit beneath the Corrupted, and Corrupted left as is. We'd then have Primed mods that actually live up to their platinum status.

What is your opinion of the current movement speed in Warframe?

Generally the character movement seems fine even without coptering and other "glitchy" moves but the problem is more like the speed we progress. Enemies are basically fodder and the difficulty changes only mean bulletsponge, 1-hitter and ability-immune/irresistable enemies (whose ability's you cannot defend against).

More detailed combat where there is more focus on a single enemy would be appretiated on my end. I mean if I wanted to play 3rd person Hack'n'slash rpg, I would go and play Hellgate London or something.

Even in ninja themed animes/mangas where everything is over-the-top, ninjas are not supposed to go toe-to-toe against full armies...

What could change gameplay to the better in my opinion:

- Better AI (no more rushing to the cover which I'm already standing behind).

- Selfpreservative AI (enemies should not simply rush into the open just like that, grineer/nonmoa corpus should use cover, infested hunt/stalk you and move in packs, never alone; an enemy hit or in a wrong position should try to protect himself, if nothing else, hold up his arm so hitting head is harder).

- Reaction from AI (if you hit them hard, they stagger, topple, lose piece of armor, bleed, drag their feet, act pained, get scared, beg for mercy, try to be a suicide bomber, lose their mind and rush into melee, try to topple you, jump on you, jump to cover, whatever).

- Better immersion (trash on map that you can use to make noise/trigger traps would be awesome, especially if you can mess up and make noise by mistake; if you cut at an enemy, the blade shouldn't go just through, if it does than he is cut in half; more interaction, like grabbing the enemy, jumping on them, mainly more stuff where you actually touch them or they touch you and you feel like they are actually there - possibly without the ugly modelsize-changes).

- Multiple routes to target (literal routes and ways to accomplish a mssion - you can steal something or at least destroy it so they lose it, etc.).

- Secondary stuff (armories you can hack into for mods or item parts, secondary objectives for extra loot or rewards, challenges like timerun or certain amount of kills, full stealth etc. for additional rewards).

- Balanced weapons and abilities (no need for every weapon to be perfectly equal of the others but at least close - rare stuff can be 5-10% better but not more than that; abilities shouldn't affect more than a small group of enemies at once and should be harder to cast, so no more ulti spamming... 100 energy for everyone, abilities cost 25, 50, 75, 100 and energy regenerates 1/s by default, aura gives +100% energy regeneration tops and energy balls give +50% energy regen for 10 seconds, no stacking).

For starters. I had my birthday not long ago, so, pretty please? Okay, you have 1 week :) Yea, I know but this direction the game currently progresses towards seems kind of a dead end. The usual +1-2 weapon and boring event kinda got old for me.

Do you think Spy missions should favor solo play?

As things stand right now, you are simply better alone. Apart from people in public simply messing up your stealth all/most of the time more people simply means more people that can be seen. On the other hand I could imagine stuff like 1-2 guys stealthily taking out the guards from an area while another does multiple hacks and a 4th guy watches the area through cams or whatnot. Though that would need proper stealth-mechanics for sneaking around which is not possible right now. Kind of interesting, seeing a ninja game with the only ninja capable of "stealth" being the invisible guy. That hardly feels like I'm doing stealth, it just means that I have a "you can't see me" switch.

Do you consider yourself to be a completionist in Warframe?

Kind of. I had everything maxed and obtained I could get my hands on till until very recently but I got bored of it. There are always new weapons and such coming out and 95% of them ends up being trash anyways. Why bother? All weapons I loved back then got so weak now that it feels meaningless to even try to like something.

Which aspects of Warframe do you think are balanced the best? (can select more than one)

I suppose this is not a joke though I nearly laughed aloud. Seriously, the game is anything but balanced. Corrupted mods are neat but if you ask me (I know you don't) all mods should be like that so the difficulty wouldn't need upped enemy hp, instead of going over-the-top with dmg, you would fit your character and items to your playstyle. Right now we need every mod that ups damage strapped to our stuff if we want to do high level stuff. That should be about skill and experience of player, equipment geared towards a specific goal, not "as much death as you can deal". Kinda shallow. Things can be customized quite a bit, abilities for instances can be tailored toward a certain idea quite a bit (like slow novas) but the problem is that there are certain mods you will put on anyways since for a dmg ability, a pure +dmg mod is kinda needed. Personally I would remove the mod slots and only leave the mod capacity points there. The mod order could matter, like first mod produces 100% of it's power, and every extra mod affects the build 5% less... just thought of this but for me it certainly sounds neat.

Of course for this everything needs to be toned down but this way differences would be much more subtle and it would be no problem to place more emphasis on personal skill instead of the gear, while the items would still matter a lot.

On Speed: Faster or slower, coptering should be eliminated. I remember how DE Steve compared coptering to Tribes skiing. I always disagreed with that. The skiing glitch involved using the terrain creatively, angling yourself properly on slopes to perform it successfully. Coptering is just a series of button presses, always the same no matter where you're going. The wall spring glitch is more akin to skiing than coptering is. (which is why im glad you guys are going in that direction for parkour 2.0)

Faster or slower, get rid of coptering.

On Spy Missions: Spy missions are one of the best things Warframe has ever offered. It's one of the few changes of pace from "mow down tons of dudes". I really think more stuff like this would go a long way to increase player interest. As far as I'm concerned, the spy missions are great as they are, and don't need any sort of redesign. There's no a lot of content in warframe geared for solo players

Every player has the option to solo. Not every player has the option to team up with friends. Leave spy missions be.

On Balance: Warframe's balance is a mess across the board. How could it not be? You guys constantly pump new content into everything all the time and there's doesn't appear to be enough (if any) people keeping things in check. There are many other games with less items, bigger dev teams, and larger budgets that still have serious balance problems.

Balance needs a dedicated team if you even want a shot at achieving it. And you can't be afraid of pissing off some players. It's inevitable.

On Completionism: ...I'm at MR17. I try and level what I can easily obtain, but I've avoided buying/crafting some of the more expensive weapons unless I want to use them. There really isn't anything that I want that I don't have. Sorry. Don't really have much useful to say about this one.

I will be fast about my ideas on how to improve these concepts:

Movement

We entitled ninjas not only need to know parkour and wall run, our movement needs to be graceful as the flow of the ninja runs.

One other idea Warframes can have is the Raiden's ninja run, as you can see in the video below :

Balance

Hard one, "the balance continues to shift", clearly need the players help because we make use of the tools and know what are the best weapons in the game.

A lot of weapons isn't used anymore, why?

Because it is no longer necessary, we love the concept of some weapons but can't simply use them on high level missions, there are better and buffed weapons now.

Let's take this serious, if you want a way to improve all the weapons together you'll be making a better version of what it originally is, making a better version (i am talking about Wraith,Vandal,Prisma, Prime, etc) only upgrade it's original version turning the old one ineffective. 

The same can be said to Warframes, we have now a upgraded Excalibur, that's excellent, buffed armor and unique passive, the four abilities are fun to use together and the utility has improved, but other Warframes only uses 1 or 2 skills on late game, other skills aren't useful, just turn all the 4 essential.

What can be done to shift the balance?

The purpose of Wraith, Vandal, Prisma, Prime is to make a powerful version of the Weapons for the old players, but we have to Mastery Lock the most powerful weapons on Warframe, a better comparison to this is:

Dragon Nikana >  Prisma Skana

In a 1x1 battle of Weapons the Dragon Nikana clearly are more powerful than Prisma Skana, here the Mastery formula works well, we could have for example a Dragon Skana Mastery locked for Lv 9 that surpass the powers of it's predecessor.

For enemies, we could have the same concept:

Elite Lancer Grineer > Lancer Grineer.

What's wrong here?

We should have "Elite" members for all the enemies, changing their weapons, AI, and base stats, we could have a greater variety of enemies this way.

Spy Mission

The idea here is simple, make the Spy Missions solo for Public Matchmaking and Party playiable for pre-made party.

For solo, you will just have to take one treasure.

For party, the treasures will be the number of the players.

Completionism

The game keeps saying to me i NEED to get 100%, i can't close my eyes because i will miss something that won't be available again.

I consider myself a completionist because my profile is not complet yet, also, for obtain the Grand Master Mastery i need to rank to 30, it's like 9000 weapons and characters i need to play.

My iventory is full of weapons, i don't sell anything, which one i use for specific reasons or because i like it's design. 

So many reasons turn me a completionist, we can see this aspect in other RPG games, for example, as we proceed in the game we clearly collect treasures, which we can use, trade, sell, or leave it in our storage, making a life example we see ourselves as millionaires that have many cars and objects.

We don't use it all but we have because we went far away from the others !

For spy mission, every member of squad need to have a task like, player #1 job is get data, player #2 to disable security panel 1, player #3 to disable security panel #2 and so on!

Also make it more stealth oriented, like heavy stealth is the best way to go, only kill when you need to, avoid when you can!

Edited by Prinny13

I really think they should do more work on the sword alone, there's something about it that renders them useless against high level missions.

ENEMY STATUS CHANCE IS TOO HIGH

they did not list a very important part on the balancing list, enemy status effects. its fair to have ONE enemy have a chance to do puncture and slash damage, but what they probably didn't account was that there are sometimes billions of bullets coming at you all at once, and there is a good chance one of them is going to have an status effect on you. this is common in survival, defense, and excavation missions on high ranked planets with hundreds of enemies from Phobos to Pluto. you have a lot of enemies shooting at you, each with there own status chance. i cant go against a wave of up to 5 enemies without gaining damage from a status effect like slash or puncture. PLEASE FIX.

I wouldnt consider myself a completionist because I only keep weapons if I like them and dont keep frames if I have their prime counterpart. I have every mod and will strive for MR30 but i dont keep everything because I can. (I.E Building 5 kama to have a single, dual and build the dual raza BUT I kept the dual raza)

Spy Missions

Personally I think these could be turned into elaborate solo missions. I mean alot of Warframe is team play, but why not expand on possible solo play missions? Missions that force players to go at it alone, and with really no need to worry about fire power because in a spy mission your success is based on skill, parkour, and how well you can move around using stealth. Not to mention I think this would put less strain on the game if its one person in the mission maybe more elements can be added to the mission to accommodate a more stealth like mission.

However if teamplay is something you absolutely desire in a spy mission maybe take some notes from Majora's Mask. Although it was not a stealth section the puzzle where Kafei, and Link have to move the blocks around to get to the mask at the end within the time limit was very fun, and could be put into the game.

6:13

As in all four players must sneak into four different locations simultaneously, and hit a button at the end simultaneously in order to hack a system open. Maybe the four could split up and activate certain switches, and do special task to help each other move on, or just one person. As in a Rhino moves down the main path with all the enemies focused on him Meanwhile three other players quietly move around in the background deactivating security systems, and opening doors to allow the Rhino to move along more easily. Maybe even locking enemy spawn doors to make things easier for the one player to get through. Of course these other three players I imagine would have locations where they could watch the main player from maybe from a vent, or behind a window in a room along side the area Rhino is in, and maybe said player behind window has to sneak around behind boxes crouching as he moves around to not be seen by enemies so no one knows the Rhino has other Tenno benefactors aiding him from the shadows. Similar to the Survival distraction mission.

This could also be FURTHER expanded. Where as your doing a spy mission and its basically helping a group of rebels/syndicate members invade a certain location secretly from the shadows. For example lets say if Tenno are spotted during this Rebellion the situation could escalate and the enemy forces may call in stronger reinforcements that the rebels cannot handle. However if the Tenno stays hidden, and helps from the shadows via sabotage, and killing enemies maybe even using said rebellion to steal information, or certain items by helping the rebellion succeed enough to be seen as a threat large enough for the Tenno to get by without the enemies looking for you as well. Things to consider...

Edited by Arlayn

Parkor

Movement is good it could be better the problem i have with Parkor and Porkor 2.0 is that current level design isn't conducive to using parkor. The secondary problem is that "Coptoring/Directional Melee" are just way to good at this point. But i fell that if you dont fix level design before you correct "Coptoring/Directional Melee" you will leave the movement system in a terrible place even without stamina.

An example of fixing level design first is Void Defense Map, the only way to get to the 2nd level without Directional Melee is to run over to one of the staircases. If there where pillars along the edge of the catwalk allowing us to Parkor up that would make parkor seem more valuable.

Balance

Sadly Warframe is suffering from the effects of "Power Creep" every new weapon has to be better then some of the other meaning that as you pile more and more weapons and Warframes on to this pile it starts to crush under its own weight. Many of us warned blizzard that the constant stat increase was UN-sustainable and it still is, the same is true for Warframe. As developers your stuck with the realization that you have to make some fundamental core design changes or paint your self in to a hall that eventually there is a locked door at the other end.

Damage Warframe's are a joke past 40+ Minutes in endless mission, your stuck making dynamicly balancing damage abilities or making everyone leave before the 40minute mark and making keys/missions more accessable.

Mod Balance is just horrible, every weapon has at-least 4-6 required MODs to make the weapon viable and the same goes for Warframes mane have 5-8 required MODs leaving little to no room for any flexibility in builds. So now your stuck baking some of the mods in to the weapons/warframe (Serration/Hornet Strike/Redirection/Vitality) so that they get more powerful as they gain levels or nerf many of the more powerful mods that will really have a negative impact on your more casual players and require a complete rebalanced of all weapons/frames/abilities in the game.

Honestly you could tackle some of this by making Mastery Rank make the players warframe/abilities/weapons more powerful, but with the huge number of exclusive weapons/content out there that many people may never get an opportunity. This would mean a Mastery Rank re-balance, either re-introduce all the weapons/frames or remove mastery rank from any exclusive weapon/frame.

All Ninjas are fast, therefore if Warframes are truly ninjas, then fast they should all go. A slow ninja cannot simply vanish.

When you play a ninja game, you are expected be be quick, expected to jump all over the place with ease, expected to evade quick and simply move quickly.

The way the slow frames move, it's as if they are spartans not ninjas. unless they are Ninja Spartans...