June 19Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,093 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Coptering:

Can I vote for me moving through levels faster while my teammates move slower?  Snark aside, speed-running thru levels and leaving fellow players behind (most commonly in PUGs) has been an issue since the CB, and clearly remains something a portion of WF players are bothered by.  I don't see a solution that pleases everybody, so my guess would be that DE will continue to ignore this as they have, players thoughts notwithstanding.  Given this truth, not much point in commenting further.

The Spy Alone:

I think it's interesting (and a little confusing) that DE felt so strongly about players being "forced" into using 'rainbow' weapon builds that they re-configured the game to try and actively prevent players from playing that way.  But here we are with Spy missions, which based on the fact that it's been included as a topic here, I'm guessing players are not embracing as well as DE had hoped.  With no snark at all (in this case) I haven't been able to figure out when it's okay for DE to force players into -or out of- a particular playing style, and when it's okay (at least in DE's mind) to allow players to play WF any way they like.  With slight snark, I'll point out that I guess I can't configure my weaps the way I want, and I can't play (pretty much) any aspect of WF as a Solo player even though the mode is (supposedly) there and available....?  Aren't these questions that players should be answering for themselves?  I've always embraced Steve et. al.'s vision of WF, but more and more it seems like he/they have a vision of a specific way in which I'm going to be forced to play WF.  In some ways that can be good, but more and more I'm starting to feel confined by some of their decisions.

Completionist:

For my part, I really don't care for Archwing and PvP, and I have little interest in acquiring weaps, mods, etc. for the former and absolutely no interest in any part of the latter.  (Any aspect of WF in which I have to use scripts/mods/special-mice-or-equipment in order to just compete, or else get destroyed without even a chance of succeeding, I have zero desire to play.) Wings Arch- and Shark- I play (or will play) on occasion because my clanmates sometimes play the levels, but the 2D map is just too wonky for me to enjoy the experience.  Also, honest compels me to admit, I'm not very good at the 3D aspect of the environments.  So these levels are not very fun for me, and so I don't put much time into getting the "stuff".

/.02¢

Parkor

Movement is good it could be better the problem i have with Parkor and Porkor 2.0 is that current level design isn't conducive to using parkor. The secondary problem is that "Coptoring/Directional Melee" are just way to good at this point. But i fell that if you dont fix level design before you correct "Coptoring/Directional Melee" you will leave the movement system in a terrible place even without stamina.

An example of fixing level design first is Void Defense Map, the only way to get to the 2nd level without Directional Melee is to run over to one of the staircases. If there where pillars along the edge of the catwalk allowing us to Parkor up that would make parkor seem more valuable.

Balance

Sadly Warframe is suffering from the effects of "Power Creep" every new weapon has to be better then some of the other meaning that as you pile more and more weapons and Warframes on to this pile it starts to crush under its own weight. Many of us warned blizzard that the constant stat increase was UN-sustainable and it still is, the same is true for Warframe. As developers your stuck with the realization that you have to make some fundamental core design changes or paint your self in to a hall that eventually there is a locked door at the other end.

Damage Warframe's are a joke past 40+ Minutes in endless mission, your stuck making dynamicly balancing damage abilities or making everyone leave before the 40minute mark and making keys/missions more accessable.

Mod Balance is just horrible, every weapon has at-least 4-6 required MODs to make the weapon viable and the same goes for Warframes mane have 5-8 required MODs leaving little to no room for any flexibility in builds. So now your stuck baking some of the mods in to the weapons/warframe (Serration/Hornet Strike/Redirection/Vitality) so that they get more powerful as they gain levels or nerf many of the more powerful mods that will really have a negative impact on your more casual players and require a complete rebalanced of all weapons/frames/abilities in the game.

Honestly you could tackle some of this by making Mastery Rank make the players warframe/abilities/weapons more powerful, but with the huge number of exclusive weapons/content out there that many people may never get an opportunity. This would mean a Mastery Rank re-balance, either re-introduce all the weapons/frames or remove mastery rank from any exclusive weapon/frame.

This

Poor Eng, sorry

Coptering / Wall running / Parkour 2.0

: Fine for now, but slightly faster movement will entertain gameplay. +0.1~0.3 speedup for all Warframes would be great I think.

Spy Missions

: I can't imagine 4 players doing a spy mission. From now, this is totally a single player mode.

and I have no idea for make this suitable for 2 or more players...

Completionists

: Well, this might be a little bit off-topic, but I want to tell you.

I'm usually so into on my favorite games. this would be a part of completionism, right?

Collecting almost all contents is what I wanna do in most games, but in Warframe I can't.

I started Warframe last year. Before then I didn't recognize about this game.

so I couldn't have a chance to buy Excalibur Prime, now you know what I wanna say?

I know DE promised not to sell Excalibur Prime sets in future, and many primed accessaries are the same.

I'm not gonna beg for this -frankly I cannot afford for $200 to Excalibur set for now, lol- but I wish I have an alternative choice.

For example, I like Excalibur, and I wanna get an upper-compatible one like 'Excalibur Arthur' or 'Dragon Excalibur' or whatever...

has new grooving appearance, similar improvements like some little stat boosts, additional polarities,

features like touching death orb will reflenish half of energy and shield -making them slightly different from Primes-

though that is not guilded 'Prime'. I'M NOT SATISFIED WITH SKINS, I ALREADY HAVE PLENTY OF THEM, Prisma, Proto, Immortal...

If I can replace to exclusive gears like this, that's would be please my --Completion Sensor--.

Sadly, I know my desire to 'completion' will frustrated endlessly with this.

This is somewhat discouraging my gameplay...

Balance

: You're asking balance? seriously? there are many poor warframes,

with their hands full of shotguns and sniper rifles.

Even there are so many primed weapons that has no polarity at start, with poor performance.

go and console them.

Edited by Chantepleur

Balance

The only thing I'll comment on is the late game balance.   You've forma'd your gear and maxed out your mods.  However, to make it interesting, you have a few options.  First, you can choose to go on a raid.   Or take lesser weapons/frames/mods.   Lastly,  wade through 20ish minutes or waves of lower level opponents until it gets interesting.  Be it solo or a squad. 

Movement speed on warframes should only be faster if they remove the ability to copter with your melee. Otherwise the movement speed combined with coptering will make warframes fast enough that speed mods and having a faster warframe will became useless. If everyone is super fast then why bother with speed stats? And things that boost your speed?

Now if coptering is removed then the overall speed of warframes must be increased, after all we copter for a reason, players need a minimum speed to keep up with fast paced missions. Other option will be making "coptering" a bit slower and at the same time increasing warframe movement speed, that will make people sprint more for moving around and only use copter for attacking. The main problem is that copter speed has to do with your melee weapon attack speed and animation type, people will just use the best melee for that.

If you want people to do coop spy missions, get rid of the stupid doors that require 2 people to open.  This is so fundamentally logical that it boggles my mind you guys haven't figured it out and even ask what you can do to make it more co-op friendly.  If I play spy with 2 friends, we each TRY to take an objective but if there's a stupid double access door at A now someone has to back track to me.  

THIS IS A GAME BREAKING PROBLEM AND WHY I ALWAYS JUST SOLO SPY MISSIONS

Survival rewards: ODS rewards are horrible, simple as that. 60 minutes in, here have a t1 key and no Nova prime systems. They need a rework and something else to make players want to play them. Corrupted mods. Most are well balanced but the thing that catches my eye is Magnum Force. It is just crap for the amount of cores you have to put into the mod and you get crap out of it. It should the same damage as Hornet strike (That mod is not even on par with the rifle counterpart but that is something else) and not 66% damage and a horrible downside with the -accuracy loss. There is plenty of others things that I think should be balanced but these are the ones that really annoy me and I am sure most of the community. 

Movement Speed:

THis is fine as it is, maybe frost and rhino could get a little speed boost but that is all. 

Spy Missions:

Solo play should be encouraged as it makes the mission harder and more tactical, players cant just spam Peacemaker to get through this one. 

Completion:

I find the whole codex scanning process boring so i don't really care about completion but others like it so...

Balance:

The main thing that need balance in warframe are the warframes themselves, there are so many top teir weapons to choose from depending on playstyle ect. but some warframes are just straight up better than others ie, New Excal vs Volt, Hydroid vs Loki, Ember vs Nyx. 

Edited by Cyberspace100

The Spy Alone

Completionists

Balance

It is difficult to comment on this because of how much different one version of parkoor 2.0 looked from the other version of parkour 2.0 between the two liestreams. Not to mention whatever change is going on behind the scenes that we don't see.

I can say this much: making everything smoother and more fluid alongside getting ride of the excessive limitations that the current stamina system imposes on the most basic stuff like running is great. 

I was excited about the initial look at extended wall running, wall stopping, and rope actions.

I was excited about the later bounding actions in relation to moving between two walls.

I am...very leery about the talk of a more "dynamic" version of basic wall running though.

I don't pretend to know exactly what that is a reference to but it sounds like instead of extended running animations across a wall it will be repeated hops, bounds or something like that on the same wall....

Which strikes me as overdoing something that should be pretty straightforward.

The Spy Alone

A stealth mission takes more coordination because the conditions for success and failure aren't simply about killing, surviving and protection...

they are also about not being detected. Since a single miss step can lead to being detected and mucking up the ideal mission score to get the best rewards....it's generally going to be simpler to do alone.

Not to mention there are minimal real advantages to taking a group. Potentially the mission can be completed faster..

and best case scenario a coordinated team can strike at multiple targets in the same room at once..

it just doesn't prove to be worth the trouble of finding or building that coordinated of a team.

You could always ad some sort of group based rewards to promote group play but that while that improve the theoretical motivation to play a certain way it will also increase the pressure to do so. This is a double edged sword.

In the end I am not certain whether stealth should be intentionally focused toward solo play..

but I am certain that until the core stealth gameplay model is polished to a razors edge it would be too dangerous to intentionally focus it toward group play. For whatever it's worth: even the splinter cell series keeps group stealth as just a side dish to the main game.

And that is a long running, stealth franchise who people buy for the express purpose of playing stealthily.

Completionists

In any game I truly enjoy I become a completionist. I think that in the ideal situation there is no item that cannot be attained by every player at some point. I know that things aren't always that simple, but try to keep it as close to that as possible.

Balance

Balance is a huge subject. I'm going to give the short version which wills till be kind of long. lol

1: A tier system, where some stuff is meant to be better than other stuff, is totally fine IF and WHEN it is not restrictive to playstyles.

That is to say: the teir system of the Braton MK1, Braton, Braton Prime is smart.

If a player wants the playstyle that the Braton type weapon offers they have access to one that works at every level.

However for some weapons, the playstyle they offer is unique to them alone.

When that weapon falls behind in effectiveness the player doesn't just loose the use of a particular weapon...

they loose the ability to use a specific playstyle without taking a penalty in effectiveness. That is bad.

Any weapon that is unique it's playstyle should be top tier capable so it never falls behind.

2: With frames, each and every one needs to be equally viable for whatever the top end content is supposed to be. period.

As I explained above about playstyles and tiers, if a frame ever falls behind the player now looses access to a playstyle unless they want to penalized in effectiveness. That absolutely should not be the goal of the frames themselves. It needs to be about picking the frame you want because you enjoy it. 

If there is any teiring whatsoever in frames it needs to be kept within the idea that prime version is better than the base version.

3: Ok here is the kicker. Warframe is a game with vertical progression. This means there will be a substantial power curve of some kind.

So please.... DE, pick an end game level and balance everything to it

A frame that is at max level, fully forma'd, with the best mods, should be able to perform their intended role perfectly well at end game.

A frame that is base level, with basic gear and basic mods should be able to compete with the content in front of them as they go.

There should be no "falling off" of one role or another. The roles should not shift around between the different stages of progression. Ideally the early game teaches the player how to be effectively perform the frames role, and as the difficulty ramps up they must be more and more skillful at it.  The players skill curve and their characters power curve is supposed to grow together.

Each frame and each power needs to be balanced with that in mind.

Damage based powers need to remain viable damage dealers at end game, defense powers need to remain viable defense powers at end game, support powers need to remain viable support powers at end game, healing powers need to remain viable healing powers at end game.

I'd point out that crowd control powers need to remain viable crowd control powers at end game...but that is the one constant already.

In fact one of the biggest issues with the games end game right now is how over reliant it is on crowd control.

This ends up being a major homogenizing factor that negates much of the unique gameplay identities each frame is meant to have.

And to be clear: A frame that is all maxed out for end game cannot be expected to balance right in early game, low level content. Of course it will be overpowered. Just as taking a low level frame to end game content will be underpowered. If there is to be some great scaling system where characters can go far outside of their appropriate level range it won't be found in the core numbers of the progression system itself.

That is just asking for warframe to do something that almost no other game has done or been expected to.

If there is to be some big scaling mechanic, it would have to be a separate system that alters the frames/weapons gear independently from their standard leveling. That is something that many other games with vertical progression have done successfully.

4: Powers/energy usage.

So let's just be real for a minute. We aren't going to see this game shift to some heavily different energy resource system or get cooldowns or whatever else could be used. This game will remain a place where energy is plentiful and powers get used a lot.

Luckily, that doesn't have to mean that all challenge gets thrown out of the window.

what it means is that enemy encounters and frame powers need to be balanced around the understanding that powers will be used a lot.

The dreaded "press four to win" conversation comes up a lot. Then people take sides on whether it's good or bad...etc.

Here is the thing. The reason people press 4 over and over is because in many cases there is no reason not to.

So how about we give them to press the 1,2 and 3 key's along with 4 in order to get the best results from their frames.

What I am talking about is where synergy and variety meet.

Make every power on a frame unique to its kit (no two powers do the same basic thing) and make each power interact with the others in the kit..

so it is beneficial to use all four of them in concert with each other.

Some frames have a solid version of this already, other frames are pretty far from it. To get this right we need to look at both the mechanics of each power (how does it work), how does it get improved through mods (trade off is one thing but if you have to completely neuter one power to make another work this has failed) and the viability of it at every level in the game (is it still what it is supposed to be at the end).

5: Scaling. Well now..The core problem is that powers and weapons are scaling at entirely different rates.

As long as that is the case it will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get things in line.

We can delve into questions like exactly how much should things go up from mods? should we do alternate methods to fixed numerical values like maybe damage percentages? all that is important....and needs to be looked at. But the truth is that different games have made different things work. There is proof that either method CAN work. But those methods tend to be applied game wide...not one way for one system and a whole other way for another system.

Movement Speed

I think movement speed should feel slower in regards to percent distance traveled from say spawn to objective.

However the speed at which we walk/run/copter/etc should not be changed

Rather the level generated should be larger, like a lot larger. For non endless missions this can be analogous to a hallway. For these the generator creates essentially a straight hallway that is really long. The spawn would be at one end, extraction the other end, and the objective would be 3 quarters the distance between the 2.

For survival missions the map should be more or less a filled grid with every door leading to another non-end cap tile. The doors on the ede of said grid would retain their endcaps.

Defense and interception are fine.

As for the memory issues that come up from this I have no clue how to optimize

Movement/Parkour 2.0

I don't feel that increasing or decreasing movement speed should be considered an option. With Flinging mechanics the way they are, regardless of which path taken, I feel players will still use copptering as the most efficient mode of travel. Then there is also a problem with movement type abilities, such as Ripline, Worm Hole, Speed.

I don't feel removing stamina is the best option either, removing the ability to "copter" however just might be. The ability to continuously slide is a viable option as well, all be it inferior by a large margin to copptering and would need some reworking in order to not me completely game breaking.

Lastly, I do feel that melee weapons should still play some type of role in tenno movement.  Say a player is using the Vekna, wall climbing should/running would be just like Running normally, you stop holding forward movment you stop on the wall as the Venka would act as an anchor allowing the tenno to regen stamina or avoid detection. Whips would function like Ripline in a way (would be mean Valk would need some ability over haul). Polarms like an orthos or Tibido would have some kind of vault or hanging mechanic. 

The Spy Alone:

I feel the best way to balance spy 2.0 to be better "team" oriented would be to take some of the mechanics from the raid, such as a team mate standing on a pad to open a door for another tenno to sneak in and hack a console would be viable. 

That said, some sort of "team size" detection method (like what the raid uses) would be needed so that the solo player can still enjoy spy 2.0 as it is now, or based off size (like phase 2 of the raid) different types of mechanics would be need for 2/3 and 4 player teams.

The Completionist:

I am one, hands down. I've bought plat/traded for plat specifically to own at least 1 version of every frame (if there is primed I have the primed version) as well as having most if not all the "top teir" weapons. However I draw the line at the cosmetics. The codex was fine, the Weapons and frames are integral to the game, having all the sentinels and there weapons agreed. But the "cosmetics" are hit and miss. While I know DE needs to make there money to keep the game alive, I do wish that Frame or Weapon slots didn't sit behind a plat wall.

Balance:

Star map

This is the big one for me. I spoke earlier of top tier weapons, and I believe that a clearer path par say is needed for weapons. IE market stuff for every one (starter/beginner zone), Syndicate weapons, Clan tech/Tiers 1/2 void, Tiers 3/4 void, raid. As it is players can get several top tier Secondaries from syndicates as they play with out really a lot of effort, the same for clan tech weapons. If the void and raid are the intended "end game" content, then should the best weapons come from them? Especially night mare raids, a higher % chance at the rare augments and nm mods does seem rather lack luster for the effort.

The Void and Derelict feel like separate "zones/ star maps" to me, and thus; at least in case of the void; resources; even the rare ones, should be more varied across the tiers. While i get having rare resources be best drop from boss's in the normal star map to so that lower rank/newer players might receive help from a higher/better equipped player is necessary for the community to thrive, I just feel that this is just something that has been overlooked. Also why aren't there any void boss's? Sure you have Vor spawning randomly in tier 4 missions, but again I think more can be done to improve the "end game" zones.

Frames

There is serious balance issues here. While a good player can bring just about any frame to any mission and succeed. I see players request the same frames all the time:  Mesa, greedy Mag, Frost/limbo, Trinity, and Nekros. a Loki or Nova may be requested for things like a raid or Tier 4 void run. There have been exceptions, but it was for instances like the draco exp farm "exploit".  I feel the syndicate modes were on the right track by allowing players to use their frames abilities  to more actively interact with there team mates. However, this should be pushed even further. IE say for some reasons you have a Saryn and Ember in your group on a defense, and Ember uses her Fire wall and Saryn her Miasma. they should interact with each other and form like a slowly expanding gas "mist" of damage. Rhino's Stomp stopping Limbo's cataclysm from shrinking. Hydroid's bombardment and Volt's Shock.

Weapons:

I feel primaries and melee are in a fairly good spot for balance (though I would like to see a crit based sniper that isn't a bow or low damage auto like the soma/prisma weapons). I do feel secondaries could use a little overhaul, more specifically in the Akimbo versions. maybe instead of calling them Akimbo you could have dual wield secondaries where using a link resource/part/bp a tenno could link either 2 like weapons or 2 different weapons of the same fire type (a viper and a dex furis, bolto and a gremlin). Specific weapons, like the Syndicate ones would have to be exempt from this.

Rewards:

I feel rewards should get better, or at least the chance of the better rewards "dropping" should improve as the difficulty goes up (hour long Survivals, wave 80+ defense, 20+ interceptions). At least for the void, resources should be removed from the loot table, nothing more heart breaking that going to wave 40 defense and seeing... 1 orokin cell drop.

Finally Mods:

Certain mods have become a staple for all weapons, specifically: Serations types, Corrupted +% damage types, Primed +% damaged types. It really makes for a lack luster difference in builds between weapons. Removal of the Seration type mods and increasing the damage of all weapons to reflect this removal would be a good start and adding in more elemental mods for greater variation would be a good start. Also adding in more variation to dual state types or corrupted would be nice. Say + fire rate, + recoil, +crit chance, -fire rate, +crit chance + status chance.

Then the aura mods, right now in "endgame" there is 1 king, Corrupted Projection (-armor mod), sure in the lower tier stuff you can run a steel charge aura or energy siphon; speaking of energy siphon I feel its recharge is a little to slow, and should really be based off of how much energy you have (more = longer, less = shorter). I feel like there is more that cold be done with auras that wouldn't necessitate killing enemies, say if using a enemy radar aura and avoiding detection (with out use of stealth powers) with out killing a single enemy should net some kind of additional reward or bonus.

Lastly, i feel primed mods are a good start to it, but having "legendary" mods that could drop from endgame content would be a good next step. I'm not really sure what I would consider a legendary mod at this time, but I feel they should be some kind of greater augment to weapons or auras.

MOVEMENT:

Movement speed should be improved by .1 to .2 per frame across the board with Volt getting .3 to make him more viable. Speed Mods need to scale better by about 10-15% to increase both the fun factor and slot worthiness.

The caveat is that I do NOT want this game becoming another manic, runs-on-superspeed, COD clown show.

SPY MISSIONS:

No Offense but when i play spy missions there are almost Every time some player that triggers the alarms, so i think the spy missions should be solo or with friends because you communicate more with your friends ^^

Edited by Nlls12

Movement

I think movement speed is about ok., although you can make some ability that has movement faster - zephyr faster... Examples like rip line where it can create momentum, new slash dash seems slow as well.

Spy

Sure give rewards for solo play, who doesn't want to get rewarded. I think group play should get rewarded more though, 4 Tenno, 4 rooms gets access to 5th room for more goodies. Group coordination seems more of a challenge.

Completionist

I use to collect every single thing warframe until I found out you can't get some weapons you missed in the past (Looking at you snipetron vandal)... Kinda bummed me out about it...

Balance

I think balancing is a hard work... Played a lot of mmo where the community *@##$es about balance everyday... The game seems balance enough with a it of nudging here and there... I think the conclave team is doing a good job. In term of weapons I do understand that they can't be all in line together it's just an impossible task. I do appreciate that sometimes the Devs gotta stand on their ground about some of these "unbalanced".

Speed

The problem here is not about speed, It's about mobility. The Tenno's greatest strength after their powers, is the ability to dictate how the engagements play out. Whatever happens to coptering this dynamic of some Tenno vs many must be preserved.

That all being said I wouldn't mind being faster.

Spy

I feel spy missions could be served better if the disadvantage of having a group was minimized. Spy missions are great for solo play and if this is removed I will be sad. If each player goes to their own vault things go fine, but if two people are in the same vault you are asking for trouble.

Balance

balance in warframe is aimless and unprioritized in the name of churning out new content as fast as possible. Of the options at the player's disposal warframe's stats and powers (without mods) are the best balanced because choosing between the frames is a play-style choice. The Corpus faction is the most fair of the three factions so I gave them the nod as also being balanced because when you go down against the corpus 95% of the time it is your fault.

I dont get why so many people think speed is fine, reason why so many people use copter in the first place is because frames are much too slow, spirinting in game is very unimpressive for a space ninja(its painfully slow), I can in real life run faster then space ninja and maintain this speed for up to hour(I jog twice a week) and while I understand that they have other equipment with them like weapons it doesnt really change anything since I am slightly overweight and can run faster then them(without any special training) and I saw people even faster then me. 

I think that increasing speed of all the frames could help new players since compared to copter   spriting is something anyone can do, even new player so it would speed up whole team instead of just some of the members like copter does.

Currently I mostly do spy missions alone, and only time I go with team is when taxi someone to alert which is a spy mission, with team almost never we go undetected. it would be great if people could help outside of vault, like for example hack terminal to stop data destruction or at least slow it down or something like that, this way we could fix each others mistakes.

Edited by Culaio

In terms of faction balance, I'd say the corpus are the most balanced right now, the only thing I find unbalanced is the detron crewmen, and you could simply lower their rate of fire or decrease the damage a little bit and that unit would be perfect. They do need more heavy type units to flesh them out. 

Movement, its too slow over all. This is why people copter all the time you cannot keep up with a loki or a vanguard+maxed rush rhino with a frost. They can be 2 tiles away by the time you get to the end of the first tile and thats if they DONT copter and just sprint normally.

Spy missions are something that I run alone 99% of the time because you cant expect other players to play these missions properly. Then there's issues with stealth and enemy pathing that make compound the issues. Corpus cameras can detect you even if the sensors are not touching you some times. This isn't a problem with how the player is playing mind you, this is simply because the game didn't act like it is supposed to act because of a bug.

In terms of overall balance, I think the game should be balanced for 1-75 instead of 1-50 considering our frames can get around 75 points themselves and allow for gentler curve instead of the crazy spike in armor and damage enemies get around rank 40 so more weapons can be viable further in to the game and fall off properly instead of just suddenly being useless within the span of 3-4 levels. 

BALANCE

Balance within warframe is an ongoing issue because DE is building a game without establishing a standard for progression. The game itself very rarely knows when to ask more or less of players. The linear solar system is completely undermined by the sandbox style of the void. The power prediction of players which the solar system should rely on is made ineffective with the introduction of prime gear unregulated by mastery. This results in obsolete nodes and reduced enjoyment of solar system completion. The sandbox model echoes throughout the rest of the game which results in power creep and endless missions in place of power prediction. The solar system is made intentionally imbalanced in order to retain relevance for players that entered the void early. Warframe's mix of sandbox and linear missions begins to give way to a sandbox style which is necessary to keep up with players of increasingly unpredictable power. The sandbox style ,by which I mean the unregulated style, becomes unsustainable as new content along with trade makes previous content obsolete. Efforts to prevent the content from becoming obsolete results in reduced enjoyment of effected combat modes. The desire to reduce the time spent in obsolete combat nodes results in large-scale efficiency maximizing practices in which enjoyment gives way to efficiency. Content largely divorced from the core game is created or expanded. Obliterated power prediction prevents the introduction of proper evolution of enemies which prevents them from meeting player engagement needs. In an effort to retain engagement, perfectly scaling utility enemies are peppered throughout large areas of the game. Increasing loss of linear aspects as player capabilities rise prevents proper progression. This results in an inherently and increasingly flawed measure of progression in which players of increasing mastery become more and more difficult to differentiate. Complete inability to properly measure progression results in a complete inability to form a basis for an evolutionary path for warframes which places an increasingly unreasonable responsibility on mods as players grow in strength. Though desired, the inevitable inability to make warframes universally balanced in all areas of the game without an evolutionary path results in a growing gap between offense and defense. Power creep as a defining aspect of weapons means the gap between their offense and the defense mods provide, which are relatively constant, only grows. The response is to treat symptoms through warframe readjustments and more powerful mods. Warframes with the greatest ability to scale or efficiently complete obsolete content far removed from the capabilities of the player are favored. As the gap grows, the treatment of symptoms becomes increasingly difficult and frequent.

To Be Continued.

Edited by Seanjuju