June 19Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,093 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Completionists

First off, it depends in which we mean by completionists, for example I do care about leveling up the warframes, weapons and other stuff to level 30 mostly for mastery rank, but in terms of codex when it comes to scan the enemies and other objects I'm actually not concerned about that because of some reasons:

1st - It takes forever to scan all enemies that exist in the game not to mention that the players must scan the same enemy a couple of times in order to complete the respective codex;

2nd - It seems that there's a bug that causes the codex to consider something as incomplete even if it's already fully scanned, this makes the completion of the codex impossible;

3rd - The synthesys scanner it's way much funny to play with than with the regular codex once that you can use the kinect siphon trap to hold the enemies... ahem, I mean, the speciments for a short time and having the ability to know more about that specific enemy than just weakenesses and drops. With the regular scanner you would need to stay invisible to make sure you could scan all enemies and even so it becomes annoying and repetitive, especially considering that there will be allways new enemies and objects to scan.

I've been thinking in alternative ways that could actually turn the whole scanning thing much easier than just using the Helios sentinel outside of some exceptions like when someone wants to look for a couple of plants (like the Moonlight Jadeleaf) to make antitoxins to be used in the sabotage missions on Earth.

I'm not entirely sure how the codex could be changed (considering if you guys are thinking about making some changes to it) but I just think that the actual codex tends to be annoying and repetitive due of taking forever to complete, however I still like the whole simulacrum thing but it still requires the player to fully scan some enemies to have a good experience with it. But in the end, I often ignore the whole codex thing due of the reasons that I said, outside of warframes, weapons and other things that we can level them up to level 30.

I think Spy missions should be capable of being completed alone, but I think maybe with some vaults having alternate routes that could be exploited by more than one player.  Maybe have a few vaults that require coordination between Tenno and as a result have specific and unique rewards, much in the same way the Trials do. As it is, several (competent) Tenno are able to better tackle spy vaults: don't change that please. 

completionism - 

really sad to see this here, as the whole 'completionist' mentality is fundamentally flawed from the get-go, its got several logical fallacies associated with it ; but suffice to say, the entire concept is bonkers ; ive been playing the game since CB myself and im a hunter founder, so ive got some stuff like excal prime and the lato vandal, but i also dont have the skana/lato prime, becuz i didnt buy a high enough founders pack

the completionist's argument would be that im trying to get every single possible thing ingame and i would be miffed that ill never be able to get those prime items, but that's silly and no argument for it holds up, its simple, the time/opportunity to get those items has come and gone, thats the end of it, should DE bring them back or offer them again? sure that's a valid argument, but they've said no, so that's the end of it

considering how long ive been playing, ive pretty much done all there is to be done ingame, and anything that u can get ingame without having to shell out $$$ or plat for, ive probably got, but i dont do it to be a 'completionist' i do it becuz at the end of the day, the game is fairly shallow and there's not much else to do (IMHO this is a core component of the problem that is the completionist mindset)

long story short, completionism is a bit like racism, its really stupid and its only a 'thing' cuz ppl are saying its a thing, but its silly and really should not be validated at all ; its a game we play it, we get stuff ingame, but there's nothing wrong with the game or the developers making artificial scarcity of some items, no one 'deserves' or is entitled to anything

lastly, if someone is a playing the game as a completionist, they are basically painting themselves into a corner, they are playing with a goal-oriented mindset, so instead of enjoying the experience of the game, they enjoy the 'rewards' but often 'suffer' through the game to get the rewards, thusly building a negative feedback loop that will only end in misery since at some point, they will have done all there is to do, and then what? 

"completionists mentality is full of logical fallacies, let me use a ton of logical fallicies to 'prove' my point"

are you serious?

you LITERALLY compared "completionism" to racism

Completionist

I usually am a Completionist in every game I play but sadly here in Warframe its impossible. I have come to terms with this as a collector of game eye candy goodies...

Why? Here are a few example:

Prime Accessories, Event Badges/Sigils, weapons and Mods, *CoughExcaliburCough* Prime Warframes, Probably the New Proto/Prima Skins of weapons or Warframes (Including the Special Steam ones)...the list goes on and my guess is it will continue to grow...kinda hopeless don't you agree? :'(

I probably would invest as a Collector so much more in the game if everything that has come out I had access to gain by game or cash, but in the end thats not the case so I enjoy just focusing on my favorite eye candy stuff I do have acces to gain... and thanx to that Im never broke in game or in real life... :P

PS: One question DE, why would you add this category here when you know there is *clearly NO possible way* to be a Completionist in Warframe? You know it will always lead to a heat up Fire Post of non founder QQ and Founders Trolling between players... O_o

Edited by 0zryel

Coptering needs to go. Not only does it make PvP a nightmare, its turned every mission type besides defense and survival into a race. There was a time earlier in the game when people would walk and run during missions.

When I first started playing around update 8 or so, it was easy to get into the game since everyone was still playing the game as it was meant to at the time. I can't help but think that when people join warframe today, they enter these missions and get paired up with people who get to the objective in thirty seconds and are only past the first room. I feel the pace of the game should be much more uniform, because as it stands now, its a playerbase divided between the new people who don't know, and the old people who do.

Imagine your first boss battle in warframe being finished before you even get into the boss room, its got to be disappointing.

This post right here is the perfect summary of my first experience attacking a boss (Phorid).  My brother and I play together in the same room, and we had a couple of other people running this Assassination mission with us.  We had no idea what Phorid looked like, or how to beat it, and so we deferred to their experience.  Suffice it to say, mission starts and these 2 vets zip through EVERY room leaving a wake of disintegrating Infested corpses behind them and finished off the boss in under 5 seconds, while my brother and I had gotten to the third or fourth room (can't remember precisely).

Never saw the boss, never noticed the loot it dropped and they had already hit the evac point, so the 1 minute timer had elapsed before my brother and I ever got to Phorid's lair.  We just looked at each other rather stunned and disbanded the group.  We did the other two runs on our own after doing some weakness research and beat Phorid ourselves.  It was rough, but challenging and enjoyable.

We're both new players, and old timers IRL, and although we both understand there are speed freaks out there with limited patience, my brother and I like to take our time going through the levels at our own pace.  We compliment each other well.  We're looking forward to the new Parkour 2.0 and its new breath in the life of this game.  My only gripe is keep the wall running/walking aspect.  Get rid of the bunny hopping.

Posted Today, 03:57 AM

Kalimando, on 20 Jun 2015 - 2:52 PM, said:snapback.png

Coptering needs to go. Not only does it make PvP a nightmare, its turned every mission type besides defense and survival into a race. There was a time earlier in the game when people would walk and run during missions.

When I first started playing around update 8 or so, it was easy to get into the game since everyone was still playing the game as it was meant to at the time. I can't help but think that when people join warframe today, they enter these missions and get paired up with people who get to the objective in thirty seconds and are only past the first room. I feel the pace of the game should be much more uniform, because as it stands now, its a playerbase divided between the new people who don't know, and the old people who do.

Imagine your first boss battle in warframe being finished before you even get into the boss room, its got to be disappointing.

This post right here is the perfect summary of my first experience attacking a boss (Phorid).  My brother and I play together in the same room, and we had a couple of other people running this Assassination mission with us.  We had no idea what Phorid looked like, or how to beat it, and so we deferred to their experience.  Suffice it to say, mission starts and these 2 vets zip through EVERY room leaving a wake of disintegrating Infested corpses behind them and finished off the boss in under 5 seconds, while my brother and I had gotten to the third or fourth room (can't remember precisely).

Never saw the boss, never noticed the loot it dropped and they had already hit the evac point, so the 1 minute timer had elapsed before my brother and I ever got to Phorid's lair.  We just looked at each other rather stunned and disbanded the group.  We did the other two runs on our own after doing some weakness research and beat Phorid ourselves.  It was rough, but challenging and enjoyable.

We're both new players, and old timers IRL, and although we both understand there are speed freaks out there with limited patience, my brother and I like to take our time going through the levels at our own pace.  We compliment each other well.  We're looking forward to the new Parkour 2.0 and its new breath in the life of this game.  My only gripe is keep the wall running/walking aspect.  Get rid of the bunny hopping.

Nothin needs to go.You play what you want.Don't dictate what others play cos' you can't catch up.

There is a public mode there is also a friend and solo mode.Want to enjoy the view go with your friends or solo.In public anything goes.

If money were to drop from the sky would you tell ppl to pick slowly so you can have a fair share?

I was like a tortoise in the beginning.I started to learn the way of the old high lvl players till I 'masterred' the art of jumping and melee in mid air to go fast. These are  tips  laid down by the tenno councillors themselves in the upper left corner after a mission was completed.

The only ppl who can kill it are DE developers.Is their perogative since the game is beta.

Cant catch up then bloody hell learn howto and dont be a cry baby.

Edited by MyungWol

Spy

I think it should be doable on Solo and with teammates. Like there's a pressure plate that you need to step on. If your on solo the door will open if you just step on it, but if you play with teammates, you need someone to stay there. Maybe put it somewhere safe.

Edited by PsychoZlasher

If the Devs want to see how much unbalanced is the game then they should try to do a Raid with a frame that's not CC based, I mean with a "tanky" Excalibur you can't even blind your enemies cause they'll shoot you down so hard and fast that you'll die before finishing the animation(even with natural talent), the only solution is staying in perma-ult and hoping that no one will hit you with a pair of shot in the back while you're killing some enemies, cause if it happens then you're pretty sure dead on the ground before you'll even be capable of understanding from where the enemy is shooting at you and rotating your visual on that direction for blocking the bullets(I'm not talking about taking cover cause with the aimbot you're pretty much dead anyway before reaching it so).

I don't even want to talk about weapons cause everyone know that if you didn't got a full corrosive proj team with 3 forma+ Dread you're pretty much uncapable of killing any heavy unit if not by slash procs. This damage system combined with enemy scaling just make the things impossible for any normal Warframe player in the "end-game", and I hope that DE will understand and repair this big problem before it'll be to late for being fixed.

Edited by Redskull94

Coptering / Wall running / Parkour 2.0

The movement speed is fine it just needs fluidity.  Somebody posted about gaining small XP for successive movements kind of like a combo, would be a great addition.  I think speed running an objective and killing a boss to get the loot in 1 minute does need to go, and removing coptering would resolve this but at the same time what about those spinning melee attacks which kill a line of enemies?  The hoptering (where you jump melee) is a vital part of getting from one place to another (usually high) although looking at #55 and Parkour 2.0 seems promising it would be ok if removed.  Stamina is good in the fact it allows you to do only so much but maybe just decrease the rate in which stamina drops off, or only use stamina when melee for example.

The Spy Alone

I think having introducing a bunch of missions which go through and explain the different Spy missions like a separate mastery rank would help, this way you would prevent players entering the higher missions with more experienced players like you have with relays even.  Otherwise, these should be solo only IMHO.

Completionists

I am a completionist with whats totally in my control; Warframes, weapons, codex etc.  Some weapons I cannot get but are in my codex for example the Dex Furis when will these be available again?

Balance

Why?

What does it matter?

I can pretty much say all warframes and weapons are more powerful then any current enemy in game.  Its only when you bump the levels in Tactical alerts its difficult.

I would say some enemies are OP (ahem only really tarMoas n Bombards he he) but we still kill them.  I think the only things that arent balanced is the Shotguns/Snipers when comparing to Auto rifle type weapons but we all know that.

Mods - it would be nice to have variety and not have your standard Split Chamber, Serration, Heavy Cal etc.  

Edited by (PS4)Sum1ne_Else

Coptering / Wall running / Parkour 2.0:

a)  Stamina never made any sense at all in a Space Ninja game.

b)  Since Stamina is a limiter on speed, when people say get rid of stamina, they are saying get rid of limiter on speed.  And, the movement speed poll in this thread lends weight to that assertion.

c)  Parkour 2.0 will require that momentum, hence speed, be built up, i.e. we will have to overcome inertia.  It's essentially another speed limiter.  It'll feel like we're carrying dead weight, not engaging in fluid movement.  So, DE is not doing us any favors here.  DE is nerfing movement by getting rid of Coptor and making us break inertia and launching off special surfaces.  Free movement is inherently faster than a system that requires a surface to launch and inertia to overcome.  

If we need to build up and maintain momentum then we'll drop like stones when we pull the trigger in mid flight.  So, we will not be able to do any Space Ninja moves, no trick shots, nothing spectacular, just lame boring stuff like every other game.

d)  What is so special about Parkour that superior movement has to disappear, that movement has to be nerfed?  Parkour was an after thought in Warframe.  It was no more part of the original plan than coptor.  Other games have parkour, not coptor.  Coptor is Iconic to Warframe.  Parkour, not so much, lots of games have that nowadays.

e)  The thread that started the massive call for better parkour didn't originally have a call to get rid of coptor.  That was added afterwards.  Those 1300+ upvotes in that thread's OP are not all anti-coptor votes.  The same author made an anti-coptor thread and the OP in that thread recieved less than 100 up votes.  Most of the support for better parkour is just that, not a call to get rid of coptor.  

f)  Why is DE getting rid of one of Warframe's icons, making the game less unique for the sake of a minority?  Is it to give fast movement back to us through a new grind wall as has happened in the past with other content?  (Nerf 400+ DPS weapon, release new 400+ DPS weapon, ...., nerf Rhino invulnerability, release Valkyr invulnerability, ...., Nerf Excal blind, release Mirage superior blind, ....  This is experience, not cynicism.)

g)  Default weapon swap speeds are too slow in warframe for Space Ninja, or contemporary soldiers.

h)  After using the Use key Warframes stand around.  That's slow.

i)  Vaulting/Ledge Grabbing is too slow and it happens at low heights even, on things you should be able to bunny hop over.

j)  There seems to be delays in between movements that ruin the fluid and Space Ninja feel of the game.  Uninteruptability in the chain of movements slows down the action.  Makes the game feel clunky.

The Spy Alone:

Those are harmless suggestions.  But, why only one spy mission?  Why not other spy missions for people who are harcore spy afficionados?

Why are people playing poorly in spy missions?  Setting aside the players who are just learning to play Spy, it's because they are speed running a situation not conducive to speed running, probably for a reward or node unlock.  I'm not sure proper labeling is going to cure that impatience.

I see no other way to solve that problem other than to make a Spy mission for people who enjoy Spy that makes people who do not enjoy Spy not bother joining the match.  Maybe a special Spy Mode Challenge found only in Spy mission nodes that makes Spy players happy and non-spy players not bother?

Completionists:

I only want the fun stuff.  The devil take the rest.  Being a completionist places one in danger of wasting time on boring pursuits.  Life's too short to be a completionist.

Balance:

a)  As that thread demonstrates, none of it's participants arguing that Warframe lacks balance can agree on what it is, nor will they dispute their difference with each other, but they're united on the sentiment that the game does not have balance, must have it, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong (to put it mildly) and told as much.  That indicates that balance is a farce and therefore not conducive to a fruitful discussion.

b)  Balance is a sentiment that DE has in the past been willing to reference as it nerfed one 400+ DPS weapons only to introduce the next 400+ DPS weapons, and to repackage or reposition other content, for example, nerfing Excal's blind ability only to introduce Mirage's superior blind ability.  This is not cynicism.  This is experience.

I was hoping that after we shot down the idea of nerfing Boltor Prime that DE had moved on from such interests.  But this discussion shows that DE still has an interest.  It doesn't bode well for Parkour 2.0 or Star Chart 3.0 in light of the past.  DE knows what we want.  I wonder when they'll take it from us and what new grind wall they will put it behind.  Taking the toys we have and repositioning them behind another grind wall is not evolution.  Again, not cynicism, it's experience.

c)  Warframe has a collection of content that spans a range of effectiveness.  This should hopefully be able to satisfy a variety of players who disagree on how effective content should be.  But it can't because content has a number of other factors besides effectiveness.  DE arranging the content as it wishes into tiers means that players can't, individually, have the effectiveness they want and the other factors they want, such as aesthetics.

Players should be able to select for themselves how the weapon tiers are populated so they can have the effectiveness they want and the aethetics and other factors they want in the weapons they choose.  This gives them a sense of investment in the game and sets the game apart from others in a positive manner.

To resolve this issue for weapons I propose Weapon Tier Potatoes:
1)  Every weapon has a purpose.
2)  Every purpose has a metric.
3)  Every metric has a maximum.
4)  Every weapon advances along the metric of it's purpose to it's maximum.
5)  Mutipurpose weapons require a mathematician to create.

Lest anyone think that I am proposing that DE take the content we have and repackage or reposition it behind another grind wall, let me say that the content players currently have in their inventory can be grandfathered into the new system, automatically placing it in it's corresponding tier and allowing players to continue to rank them to max rank.  Old BPs can cease to be issued and new BPs can be issued, as was done in the past with Arcane Helmets.

d)  But, even if warframe had a tiering system such that players could choose for themselves which content they want to rank up the tiers and how far, there still remains the issue of players with content spanning different tiers interfering with each other because some players with lower tiered equipment can't stand playing with players that use higher tiered equipment, and visa versa.  So, not only does Warframe need a tiering system for players to rank their content as they see fit, it needs a match making system to accomodate players who dislike playing in teams with a broad tier range.

spy missions -

I think these should favor solo gameplay ONLY if a player chooses to solo them: basically, dynamic spy missions, where if you go alone you won't have any disadvantage compared to when playing with others or a full team.

spy missions

yes, spy missions should favor solo gameplay. better to have a great solo mission than mediocre public one.

in any case the main problem of spy missions and stealth as always are unlimited AI spawn, bugged waypoints where multiple enemies stuck together in a pile and double doors.

the fact that playerbase can't and not willing to coordinate and cooperate is a sad fact. but it's true for all mission types, not just spy.

Edited by -Solid_Snake

Balance:

a)  It looks like most of the respondents to this thread's pole think that some part of Warframe is balanced best, but there is no majority on what that part is, far far from it.  But, balanced best and balanced are not the same thing.  So that poll gives no indication on what proportion think the game is balanced or not.  And, there is no indication that a majority cares for balance regardless if they think the game is balanced or not.  Nor is there any concensus on what balance is.  Balance is a farce.

In one of this year's Hot Topics, it was asked if Boltor Prime should be nerfed.  The majority voted against nerfing Boltor Prime.  To find out how dedicated people are to "balance", ask them if they would like their favorite content to be nerfed.  I bet most will say no.

Then, ask people questions designed to find out how fast they like to kill enemies and how fast they like the enemies to kill them.  I bet most players want stronger Tenno, which would run counter to the calls for nerfing Tenno.

b)  In one of today's threads I read a very good expression of the "balance" psychology: "It has to be changed to be less 'obligatory' in the sense that people are demanding it too much on squadrons."  

Note that everyone can put together their own dream team.  No one has to play with players who use "unbalanced" content.  Yet, behold the immense arrogance in thinking that other people, even if they are the majority, need to be controlled and stopped from playing how they want, even when they don't have to play with them.  We need a Nerf Overlords meme, stat.

If DE gives into such arrogance, they are as guilty of it as the person in the quote and they have no respect for Warframe players, neither the ones whose fun they are nerfing nor the ones who don't get their "balance" when the next high powered content comes out to replace the last nerfed content.

c)  And how exactly is it possible to "talk to us and talk to each other in an intelligent respectful way (see Rule #1) that encourages interaction and thoughtful discussion" with people of such immense entitlement and arrogance?  How is it possible to have such discussions when they are kangaroo courts prosecuting your fun and the self appointed judges feel entitled to a defense from you?

Edited by ThePresident777

-Spy missions defenitly should have co-op play possibility. It still makes you to go solo if you want to search for reinforced containers/secrets & basicly do everything right because of unexperienced people making fails or mostly people not letting you to roam around mission to do things that you up to, going to exit asap. So the solution can be to add to the game some more communications rather then game chat(which is not effective), because atm only marking is working fine. Would be nice to see some order commands and messages on hotkeys that can popup/sound ingame like > Stay/Follow/Stealth/Open Fire/

-Melee combat still got a lot of work to do to make it really awesome. Im not satisfied of melee combat as it is now. Also I wish someday hold(charge) hits will come back to game.

But weapons variety is still awesome.

-Syndicate rewards(Weapon mods) should be reworked & become more worthy.

-AI for Syndicate ally troops on syndicate missions should be reworked. & should have possibility to not fire at will/go stealth.

Game badly missing possibility to swap your build by 1-2 clicks due mission start screen when start timer is up and maybe also in other screens.

Edited by WideEyesOpen

Coptering/Parkour 2.0

I never felt like stamina had any place in a game like Warframe. The entire feel of the game seems to be focused on the flow of combat and seamlessly moving from area to area. I always felt like stamina was an out of place limiter on that ability. Additionally as a staunch lover of going Sword Alone I feel it made even less sense. When you go melee only (the time when movement is the most critical to your survival) you are least able to move because you're constantly out of stamina. In order to try and counteract this you need to sacrifice a slot for a stamina regen mod which a player with a gun(guns are far superior to melee in general currently) would not gave to sacrifice.

I feel our current speed of movement is good BUT I would not mind at all if it took a lot more skill and focus to achieve say the speed that one can achieve with a Tipedo and coptering/aerial melee. I think if the movement system is overhauled as it seems to be coptering could take more of a redirectional role and be used more for adjustment than propulsion. I do think, from what was shown on the devstream, that the new movement system is too slow. I'm greatly looking forward to it and the subsequent change in gameplay for the better but I was worried due to how slow it was.

Spy Missions

I may be different from the average player in that I had a group of friends to play with from the start and subsequently much prefer running missions with people I know than pubs. Spy missions are the pinnacle of that behaviour. It's just that in any given game you can't trust random strangers to be competent or to have researched anything. In say an exterminate it doesn't matter if my teammates are competent or not as if they aren't I can revive them and carry the mission. In a spy mission, however, if I am at point A extracting data and my teammate trips alarms at point B I have no input on that situation, I can't help them, I can't correct the mistake by ciphering my way through all the locks to brute force my way to the final console, I can't speedrun through the obstacles to get to the end. This inability to influence the situation especially in missions where all 3 extractions are required mean that I can fail a mission due to no fault of my own. This (in my opinion) is the worst situation in gaming. If I do everything right, I should not lose. Therefore I find it much more rewarding to do spy missions either alone or with friends that I can trust to be competent and able to fix their mistakes.

Completionism

I'm a completionist in that I feel one of the end goals of Warframe is to try and complete everything. I feel completing the starmap is the simplest and most direct form of completionism. In other games you want to beat all the levels. Then came beating all the bosses. Somewhat in line with this  I decided with about 7 months played that I wanted to get all of the frames and therefore be useful no matter what was needed or what the situation was. Next is trying out every weapon possible. Linked to but secondary to those is gaining mastery. Finally I suppose would be completing the codex. In my case I never cared about the codex (the simalcrum has reversed that situation as the codex actually has a use now. Well done DE.) but I have a friend who's been taking pictures since the beginning and was enraged by his codex data being wiped after switching computers and going from non steam to steam.

Balance

That's a hard one. In all honesty I feel this game isn't very balanced at all.

- In terms of frames, all should be useful. I feel it's absolutely fine for a frame to have a niche and therefore say be amazingly useful in a defense say frost and be much less useful in a different mission type, say exterminate. I simply want all of them to have a use. Similarly I'm okay with a frame like Loki being useless early on with no mods and then becoming amazing with the lategame disarms or Rhino being amazing early and falling off later due to being a jack of all trades.

- Primary Weapons...where to start. I feel that there should be tiers of weapons. We have the starter weapons for new players, as they move through the starmap they'll get latrons and karaks and so forth and then eventually they'll get their hands on the somas and boltors and quantas. I like the progression there. I feel the main lack of balance comes in with how small that super endgame weapon pool is and how some weapon classes are much weaker than others. The obvious one here is shotguns and snipers. Shotguns I feel have a very solid role and should be good in this game. We have tons more mobility than most games with which to get into their effective range. And then damage falloff was introduced. I feel this mechanic has no place in the game at the moment as the shotguns already have a balancing factor for their damage over range in the form of spread. It doesn't matter if I'm hitting you at 100 damage per pellet if only 2 pellets hit, why make them do 20 damage as well? Snipers too I feel need more bang for their buck. In Warframe the engagement distances are usually low, the gameplay is fast and it is a horde style game. You need weapons with waveclear, nor precision target ones. Due to this snipers have no place in the game. This can be offset somewhat by doing a few things. In terms of engagement distance I don't want some super fancy scope thing, just give me slightly higher zoom than a rifle with the normal reticle (have you ever tried hitting something with the awful vectis reticle at long range, the dot in the middle is literally bigger than their head.). The gameplay is fast, err on the side of more DMR style weapons, 10ish round mag, decent fire rate for followup shots. Waveclear, just give them punchthrough, it's a sniper rifle, IRL those things have good penetrative ability, give them all the innate punchthrough. [in terms of pointers here I've heard people who have it say that the Snipetron is the only sniper in the game that functions as a sniper should and from what I know about it It follows pretty much all the guidelines I laid out there.].

- Secondaries. Erm I mean I don't have a huge beef here or anything. I guess try and make a weapon of each category endgame e.g. Dread, Aksomatis, Synoid, Magnus, Vaykor, Telos, (Personally I want a dual pistol to be here too, imagine aklatos but actually good). I guess my 2 beefs are that the Vastos are just inferior to the Magnus and the Akjagara sucks so much. I feel the Vastos should be crit based and have say a 25% crit chance and the Magnus could be the status beast of revolvers, why just make the magnus so much better? The Akjagara...well reduce that terrible recoil for starters, decrease the spread and maybe up the damage a bit. For how annoying they are to build they suck ! when they should kick it.

- Melee...let me just quote a post I made before here:

Melee wise I feel like the building blocks are there for something great. While MGRR has one of the most satisfying melee combat systems out there, especially based around swords, it's a pure hack and slash spectacle fighter so I don't expect that level of brilliance from WF. I feel like melee at the moment is just in general weak compared to ranged weapons. I mean any good ranged weapon user is going to out DPS and out kill enemies faster than a melee user of the same skill (Yes you can get absurd damage with savage silence, blinding finish e.t.c. but it's slow and single target). I feel like the game doesn't really reward you adequately for the risks you're taking with melee.

1) Stamina - This is a stupid system currently. If stamina was tied purely to melee and not to sprinting it would be fine but if you're going sword alone you need to be able to manoeuvre to get out of tight spots far more than a gun user needs to and you can very easily get in a bad spot because you used your melee, are out of stamina and now can't run. The stamina regen mod solves this issue but then you're losing a warframe mod slot that you could use for a more beneficial stat if you were using a gun.

2) Danger - Consider who's more at risk, the guy standing 50 metres away from a Corrupted Heavy Gunner, Bombard and Nullifier with a gun, cover nearby if they need it and the ability to GTFO at any time or the guy who's sword alone, has to go inside that nullifier bubble into range of all the stuns, where if he gets blast procced by the bombard he's dead.

3) Damage - If you're using melee in normal scenarios with your melee out and channelling e.t.c. you will not do more damage than the top tier guns even with the top tier melees (bar maybe Volt/Valkyr with the Obex and a macro).

So to sum up I feel that melee just doesn't offer enough for the risks and disadvantage you're putting yourself in. I feel like its DPS should honestly be higher than guns as using a gun is a much safer and easier option as well as being able to switch targets effortlessly rather than having to run across a room to hit the next guy.

That's just my long winded and overly in depth 2 cents but I like to think about this stuff :P

- Enemies. Tone down that Grineer armour gain, holy damn. For real though remove that buff to ancient healer damage reduction stacking. It was manageable before but now you have situations in high level void where you have multiple healers in a nullifier bubble and thus you can't kill the nullifier (who can 1 shot you with that lanka at these levels) until you kill the healers and even killing the healers is hard + they're in the nullifier bubble so you can't use your powers...it's just silly. I've literally been in a situation with 3 healers in the bubble along with a bombard and a heavy gunner. At that point I just want to toss in the towel and say you win. It's extremely aggravating. Infested are mostly fine. Corpus are mostly fine, tone down the detron crewmen, they can empty their mag in a split second and instagib you, this is mainly a problem for new players trying to complete their starmap.

- Mission rewards. Increase some of the void prime part drop rates. For example both I and a a friend have been farming both Loki Prime systems and Odonata Prime wings for a month now and haven't seen hide nor tail of either, that's ridiculous. Put some of the void drops into the Derelict, that;ll help with the table dilution. Make the reward cycles go ABC not AABC. Remove forma blueprints and cores from being given to you beyond the first reward cycle (have you ever done any T4 endless mission to 60 waves/minutes and received forma blueprints for your rotation C reward after getting forma blueprints before that? I love this game but it's stuff like that that actually makes me want to just stop. If someone commits and uses up an hour of their time that they could be doing something else don't waste it and make them angry as hell.).

And that's about it, there's my super long winded in depth 2 cents.

Edited by HalcyonH66

spy missions

yes, spy missions should favor solo gameplay. better to have a great solo mission than mediocre public one.

in any case the main problem of spy missions and stealth as always are unlimited AI spawn, bugged waypoints where multiple enemies stuck together in a pile and double doors.

the fact that playerbase can't and not willing to coordinate and cooperate is a sad fact. but it's true for all mission types, not just spy.

Exaaactly.

Before going any further, FIX STEALTH please...

Movement Speed

Generally movement speed is fine except for when you make a tactical decision to, for what ever reason, bring a slower frame, and find you're in a fire team with insanely fast frames, making your relative travel time painfully lacking.

Spy missions

Ideally the game is best with fire teams. But way too often do Spy and rescue missions get, at least reduced to less than optimum results, and unacceptably frequently become a complete failure, due to randoms rushing in all gung ho, setting off alarms, failing hacks, getting data destroyed and captives killed. For this reason I have taken to setting my games to invite only when playing those modes, to preserve the themes of stealth and patience.

Completion-ism

Yep affirming status as completionist. It is my goal to collect and max out every frame, weapon, and companion, and to complete every mission, event, and codex entry. The way I play it, warframe and games like it, the process of collecting, and unlocking frames, companions, weapons, mods, regions, gear etc, is equally a major part of the game as the actual missions themselves. For that reason I will only ever spend plat on slots to place my frames, weapons etc into. I observe with some dismay a large number of, now former players, that used cash to buy plat to buy all the frames and weapons, then discovered they had no goal to pursue anymore and so stopped playing. From the position of a player wanting to enjoy the game for a long time to come I would rather that it was a slow burning flame, than burning at both ends. From the position of completionist, the title only has meaning if completion came from endeavour rather than just buying it.

Movement Speed

I have always and still feel the movement speed should differ with each warframe. I think its balanced for the most part but i feel some of the fastest frames are only that fast to try and compensate for the lack of use of that frame.

Spy Missions

A simple and fair way to work this concern/issue/suggestion would be to have a scaling difficulty to the mission depending on amount of squad members. For instance, have it appropriately leveled to the planet it is on, but have more difficult obstacles or more enemies spawned depending on the amount of players in that mission. For going in solo, have a decent challenge but not overwhelming amount of enemies/obstacles. For a full squad, hit them with more enemies and obstacles, maybe even amp the intensity of the obstacles. Like more laser sensors or cameras or guards patrolling.

Completionist

I do like to gather any and all Primes that release. I also love kubrow breeding. Any weapon i greatly enjoy has forma installed for days. I like to participate in any alerts and events and earn all exclusive rewards that i can. If I could afford it on a more regular basis, I'd even buy Prime Accessories pack everytime. In my clan, I was one of the 10 or so of us who was able to obtain the Rift sigil that was available through the Stratos challenge a little while back. I've also obtained all but 2 Stratos evolutions for XB1. I've earned every achievement as they come out. I love to collect and be as close to, if not at, 100% as possible.

Spy

Well spy missions is mostly completing in SOLO mode. I tried some public runs... and you know what? Better go SOLO. In this game, I find a lot of younger or mid age children who are not able to cr eate any English sentence. It certainly would complicate the work in the team. Well they sometimes understand that standing in one place is more effective than causing a failure for whole team. That's why they should have some other activity like (1) try to stop enemies from rushing the 'spy room', (2) defend *** (like i don't know something in enemy base that needs the data to destroy ***) until we'll get the data. They will have something to do and professionals won't be worry about losing the data. Well if there is no 'professionals' in the match you can always mark the *** for others and go to get the data.

So yeah there is few my suggestions for spy work in team.

About other stuff balance, movement ... i'll leave that for you guys.

------ Plus guys i really like that free non-farmable spy missions where you can get good dual stat mods. Keep developing missions like this!

And sorry for mistakes, English isn't my first language so... Thanks for reading.