Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour, Vertical Wall Running, And Grabbing Ledges/stuff With Hands, Not Working Properly Since Hotfix Jun 19Th

(PSN)IndraBandhuDas

Hi DE and all,

My friend, (PS4)Radha-Syam, and I, have noticed that the parkour, vertical wall running, and grabbing ledges/stuff with hands, are not working properly since this PS4 hotfix Jun 19th.

Prior to this hotfix, running up to a wall and hitting x while moving forward, our warframes would wall run/and grab ledges when close enough and then climb on top. Now, often times the warframe will not even wall run, and even if it does, it will not grab the ledge, but run up it and on top. Most often however, the warfame will simply jump, and fall back down, doing nothing.

This is a game changing bug. Climbing onto and over objects is a big part of Warframe and the movement system.

Please investigate and resolve this ASAP. We really like this game and have shared it with many others. Together my friend and I have over 1400 hours, and over $1,000 into this game. We like it alot, but if this issue were to not be fixed, it is serious enough to ruin the game for us. My friend does not even want to play until this is resolved.

Thanks.

Has anyone else noticed this? Please test it and let me know. I've tested on multiple maps. For instance, on Coba I could easily climb up to the vents running/climbing up the walls to the side of the doors around the center/pod. Now, my warframe won't climb or grab. Same for the boxes throughout the level.

I have also found this problem. I originally found it when playing Sechura and tried to run up to a ledge and my character just jump backwards right before reaching the ledge I always sit on. After 7 more attempts to try and run up the wall and the same thing happening I realized it was bugged out. I then tried it in Apollodurus and while I was in T2 survival. I was not able to run up to any walls and grab ledges I used to be able to. I couldn't even run up a box the size of my character, just kept running into it my character wouldn't even attempt to run up boxes no matter how much I pressed the button, instead I have to weapon jump now to ledge and small boxes. This is very game breaking and a bit aggravating.

Absolutely, this is a game-breaking issue since the PS4 hotfix rolled out yesterday (Jun 19th). It was noticeable straight-away when i played Sechura as I regularly jump up on the crates/lights and bridge structures. 

Now getting on top of these objects is more a case of luck, if you haven't already jumped into hyperspace 27 times beforehand.

Looking forward to this getting fixed ASAP as it REALLY detracts from the gameplay.

Now you kindof have to double or triple tap X to get the verical wallrun going and there is no latch on to ledges about 75% of the time.

I'm surprised more people aren't posting this. 

Yep, I've been having the same problem ever sense yesterdays update. I have to double/triple tap jump to vertical wallrun, and before I get to the top it just launches me up. Aerial melee is the only way to get on top of something now. These last two updates has been really buggy.

DE you guys REALLY need to fix this ASAP.

I liked being able to keep wall running too, I was able to get to many fun places on maps, but this is nothing like infinite wall run. The basic functionality of movement is compromised. I just don't get how the devs (or 'testers') wouldn't have noticed this if they had played a single mission of the hotfix???

Edited by (PS4)IndraBandhuDas

I will add my own experiences with this too, just doing any sort of parkour in any map is both time consuming and frustrating as either you fail to grab the ledge as you apparently forgot how or you are sling shot into either the air or sideways and away from what you are attempting to climb on top of. Would honestly appreciate a fix to this as not feeling very ninja like if we fail at our own parkour moves.

This is still my favorite game, my friend and I have hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into it.

I have my own Dojo, I have my own space ship, there's a relay, the game is beyond Destiny or any other games, the only problem I really have is my kubrow going to the bathroom in the liset (but I am training him right now), but you know, I get a close combat weapon, a sentinel, a pistol, a rifle, I even have noggles. The artwork, scenery, and gestalt are great. It's amazing to think back how this game first 'felt' from trailer, to me being a n00b, to progressing through events, modding, different frames, etc.

The game is awesome, it's diverse, there's multiplayer, campaign, syndicates, it just gets better. I think more story, concept, and novelty will come. Along with polish on everything. You can play for free (though it's a major grind), and I mainly spend platinum on little things I need, just to rush things at times or get something cosmetic. But the game is awesome, and I do think DE really will fix this, I think it's something they can do in a hot fix (especially since it broke in a hot-fix), and if I was going to get out of the game, I wouldn't have just paid 150p to upload my clan emblem (which I hope they accept) for clan Krs1 :)

I suggest everyone keep playing the game and expect it to get better and better, it's just also kind of like living in a constant beta environment, patience and appreciation are required in equal measure. I don't get paid by DE to say this, but I think I've paid Warframe enough to prove what I'm saying I believe, that I really like the game. My friend and I try to turn everyone we know who plays games onto Warframe. Now if I could just get my kubrow to quit going to the bathroom in the liset it would be perfect (and maybe a re-release of some prime accessories I missed!). I'm sure 4th of July there will be fireworks, I am still cleaning pine needles from the floor of the liset after Christmas, lol.

I honestly don't think this is a bug. I have experienced no problem wall running except in places where people have camped since those locations were found. 

I have experienced it a few times - last night doing a T3E and tubemen as well - just trying to run up a wall and back flip - I ended up just jumping on the spot until I hit the sweet spot and that is a pain in the butt to find!

In tubemen it was under the drones at the end - there is those recesses down each side of the room to get back up to the drone levels - no problem vaulting the little wall in front but then just jumping up and down against the wall!

However it is not every time though.

I honestly don't think this is a bug. I have experienced no problem wall running except in places where people have camped since those locations were found.

Maybe you don't really know this problem much

But it's way more difficult to wallclimb, wallrun etc

And 90% of the community of ps4 is having this issue

This has not been a issue before u16.7.2 so something in latest update broke parkour.

not saying it's completely broke but trying to wallclimb or wallrun it shouldn't just be a lucky chance at making it work.

This needs to get fixed.

Can confirm. Both me and at least one of my friends have this problem. First noticed it in the Tube Men conflict. Makes it almost impossible to make it to extraction efficiently sometimes.

I found that if I jump and try wall running in the middle of the wall(not the bottom) it has a higher chance of wall running.