Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour, Vertical Wall Running, And Grabbing Ledges/stuff With Hands, Not Working Properly Since Hotfix Jun 19Th

(PSN)IndraBandhuDas

We're looking into this issue. We could use some additional information: 

1) What Warframe mods are you using?
2) Are you using a custom button map? If so, what are your bindings? 
3) Have you changed any settings in your options?

Thanks!

Thanks Drew.

I haven't changed any settings recently. I'm using the traditional config were melee is r1, circle doesn't reload and my aim is inverted. Bug is affecting all frames as far as I can tell but currently re- levelling chroma and he has the following mods: steel charge, primed flow, primed continuity, stream line, vitality, redirection and narrow minded. Cheers

Thanks drew

For me I just use my normal rhino build as it's been this build for years except for adding primed flow

1. Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Primed Flow, Vitality, Redirection, Blind Rage, Stretch, Streamline

2. No I use default button map binding settings, I use classic controller settings as it has the best controls for warframe all default.

3. Only options I had changed since I played this game was

Adjusted aim sensitivity

turned off hud scale

turned off hud motion

turned on show player list

adjusted brightness

adjusted contrast

maxed field of view

turned off adaptive exposure

turned off depth of field

turned off motion blur

turned offbloom

And adjusted some sound settings but it's been the same for since I started playing it over 2 years ago.

So not sure If my info was any useful for you.

Hope it can help though.

Edited by (PS4)ray_1100

1) I personally have not changed anything in regards to controls ever since first playing Warframe.

2) Mods used: Mainly strength/Efficiency and duration mods save Loki who uses Sprint Aura/Rush.

3) Only options changed is generally region network, show teammates in names in HUD and field of view in display. All controls etc are default as they were in previous builds.

We're looking into this issue. We could use some additional information: 1) What Warframe mods are you using?2) Are you using a custom button map? If so, what are your bindings? 3) Have you changed any settings in your options?Thanks!

It's happened to me and randoms I play with, with a huge variety of frames and mods. I'm using the old controller setting, though I doubt all the people have been. I've increased my sensitivity and made channelling a toggle, though I doubt, once again, these were mirrored by everyone I've seen with wall run and vaulting issues. Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

It's happened to me and randoms I play with, with a huge variety of frames and mods. I'm using the old controller setting, though I doubt all the people have been. I've increased my sensitivity...

This for me too. 

An example of this is on the Tube of Regor tileset, after fighting Manic Bombard, to extract you sometimes have to run up the parallel pipes and it takes me many many tries to do so.

Edited by (PS4)TheYetiMan22

Maybe you don't really know this problem much

But it's way more difficult to wallclimb, wallrun etc

And 90% of the community of ps4 is having this issue

This has not been a issue before u16.7.2 so something in latest update broke parkour.

not saying it's completely broke but trying to wallclimb or wallrun it shouldn't just be a lucky chance at making it work.

This needs to get fixed.

Chiming in, and clarifying, normally when friends and I approach an object, let's say a box too tall to jump up onto, or some other object (like a ledge), we'd simply run up to the object jump and hold X and run up the thing, and here's the fine detail, our Warframe would grab onto the edge with hand and pull his/her self up. Our Warframes are no longer doing this. What "may" happen, is if we double jump, meaning jump then jump again, hit the object and hold X, our Warframes will run, not grab on, and either run up then forward making it onto the object, or run up, jump up or back into the air, and fall back down to where we were. Obviously there's a problem, and though I'm a fan of the game, if it doesn't get fixed, my friends and I are done with what is not kindly called - glitchframe. I started this thread, and have great things to say, advocating for the game, but this is a game breaking issue, in fact, even grabbing on and hucking one's self over an object parkour style isn't working either. Something definitely happened after this last update/hotfix.

Thanks Drew.

I haven't changed any settings recently. I'm using the traditional config were melee is r1, circle doesn't reload and my aim is inverted. Bug is affecting all frames as far as I can tell but currently re- levelling chroma and he has the following mods: steel charge, primed flow, primed continuity, stream line, vitality, redirection and narrow minded. Cheers

Thanks Drew.

Yep, same here. Just using setting making R1 mele. Same mods I've been using for months, nothing new... Rhino Prime, maxed Redirection and Vigor, then the regular stuff: maxed out Flow, Intensify, Streamline, etc. (basically all about power strength and efficiency). This started the day I began post, after my friend and I downloaded hotfix (the 19th). Of course months ago there were other wall running issues, however for months it's been great, no problems, glitches, the behavior changed some months ago for the better. This is not those issues, this is totally new and different experience for us.

I'm seeing this problem as well, it's very fiddly, sometimes works as expected, sometimes runs on top of the box, and sometimes back flips. In my case sprint is mapped to R1 and hold. Haven't tried other frames or mods, so this is with Nova p and a maxed rush. I'll have to see if it still happens when I am the host. 

EDIT - Still a problem solo... 

Edited by (PS4)Elvenbane

I am experiencing the issue with all different kinds of frames on different locations with different mods. E.g. playing a spy mission with Banshee using the same setup as always trying to run up one of these shafts took me severel attempts to finally make it to the top but then bounced all over the place and landed right on a laser grid to start the alarm. 

Also in Tubemen of Regor I try to avoid getting all the way to the bottom ground after beating the manic bombard cause it's a pain trying to get back up. Etc. etc. its everywhere.

Haven't changed any settings in the options since the hotfix. Playing with default controller setup (Circle=Melee; Square=reload+interact,...). Playing with maxed and unmaxed frames with different mods, it's always the same.

Thanks

Thanks!

Rhino wf - mods mainly power and shields - can't remember the rest at the mo

original button map

no changes

Same for me with all frames and set ups since latest update. I haven't changed any of my settings. Hugely frustrating. Only positive side effect is people have to fight on the ground in dark sector defense instead of camping up high, but really needs to be sorted because it makes some situations nearly impossible to get out of i.e. if you need to get up a wall to get out of a room; instead you just bounce back off the wall.

Thanks!

I have no settings changed in my options and no movement mods on warframe that affect movement. Button layout is set to new player as well as all options being set to default for the longest time.

This is a valid issue and I've voted up for recognition.  It's becoming a problem for a lot of people.  Especially in raids since no one can get out of the acid in the 2nd part. 

With the amount of people having this problem it should be relevant it's not related to Warframe Mods or custom button map/bindings or changing any settings, since no one did this prior to the update.

Same no settings have been changed (auto vault enabled) . Was playing earlier with no problems but then joined a game hosted by a friend who also has had this issue for a few days now. Maybe a coincidence but as soon as i joined him i noticed it too, wall run near impossible to activate and grip and climb has disappeared completely. Now i have this bug permanently public or solo. 

The only consistent difference I have noticed has been the inability to climb up the edges of most open storage containers. But randomly, though not often, I've been unable to get my character to wall run at all. I have not seen anything consistent enough with it to have details that can provide much help except that it has been with multiple warframes and that I use the new button configuration with a slight variation of the two unused directional buttons set as hot keys. 

For me it was also in the raid that I first noticed it. The first time I couldn't get out of the toxic goo in the TV room since none of the boxes would let me climb.  The second time I was the bomb carrier in part 3 and got stuck in the pit without being able to climb up at all, by starting at the bottom of the wall or trying to jump and then wall run part from higher up. There have also been a few times in the void that I have noticed the issue. 

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

We're looking into this issue. We could use some additional information: 1) What Warframe mods are you using?2) Are you using a custom button map? If so, what are your bindings? 3) Have you changed any settings in your options?Thanks!

1.) This is happening with every warframe, even tested with a level 0 frame with no mods.

2.) Button config is classic, r1 melee

3.) Haven't changed any settings in ages

I wouldn't say it's a "bug", it's completely broken. We're literally the worst space ninjas in the universe of we can't climb up a simple box.

I am also having this problem as well and it feels as if though maybe textures are somewhat misplaced on the map.  For example during the Tubeman event when I tried to leave the area via the pipes when I would try to wallrun off them I would only jump up and land on the ground doing nothing.  After backing up and jumping maybe a few inches I woud wall run up on an invisible wall.  Strange but it has also happened on countless missions, be it spy, defense, sabatoge, or exterminate.  This bug has caused a lot of trouble.  Please DE these bugs are getting worse and worse.  Heck I'm still encountering the random crash bug.