Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour, Vertical Wall Running, And Grabbing Ledges/stuff With Hands, Not Working Properly Since Hotfix Jun 19Th

(PSN)IndraBandhuDas

Another working week down and still nothing.

How hard can it be? It was working before update whatever and not afterward, that must narrow it down considerably. It's a finite peice if code to check, I'm honestly boggled that it's taken this long and the fact that it's been virtually ignored since Drews acknowledgement just adds to my disbelief.

Soon as the Streetfighter beta drops I am so out of here.........

Still no update on this!? Guess so,
Last I pm drew about was that there still looking into this.

Well at least give us a update.
Many many many users if not all there parkour is broken, not wallrunning correctly, or wall climbing
And if you successfully do get to wallrun or climb it doesn't work right.

Really hoping this gets updated soon on this issue, or give us a sulation for a fix.

Edited by (PS4)ray_1100

Hmm. Bit of a development over here... been playing for the last few hours and vertical wall-running and ledge grabbing have been 100% reliable. So MAYBE rebuilding my PS4 database and/or deleting my save (from the system AND online storage) might have actually done something? Might just be a coincidence, but if this problem is really bugging you it might be worth doing just in case.

Word of warning, deleting your saves can mess up your in-game settings... no big deal, really, just set them again first time you log back in. As for rebuilding your PS4 database, again no need to worry really, but it did rearrange my UI a bit, for some reason, and I had to re-download a handful of game updates. No idea why... not very tech-savvy. Obviously if you have any concerns about doing these things I'd recommend doing a little research of your own, make up your own mind... but on the whole I'd suggest giving it a go if there's a chance that it'll fix the game.

I'm going to explain the online storage backup, because I'm tired of seeing people mention deleting it as if it could possibly matter.

If you have ps+ set to make automatic backups, it periodically copies your saves to online storage. Warframe doesn't know anything about this backup.

If you just delete your local settings, Warframe will create a new file, and ps+ will eventually overwrite the backup in online storage with the new file.

I rebuilt my PS4's database for another reason, but it had no effect on this issue, and I'm keeping my current settings until someone explains such an implausible solution. I recommended doing neither of these and instead wait patiently for an update.

Yea deleting online backup has nothing to do with warframe, but in anycase I've tried these things before this has nothing to do with fixing this I still have this issue.

I know new users may not even have this issue, I have no clue but wallruning and climbing does not work right.

Well. Something fixed it for me... been working fine all day. Doing the things I mentioned certainly can't do any harm. But a more solid solution would be nice, maybe some explanation as to why it's happening. The devs are aware of the problem, patience is probably a good idea.

I can assure you that this problem has more than likely been noted by one of the awesome bug guys, who will be doing their best to try and repro/find the cause.

I too deleted game save data and rebuilt database,(I do this every now and again) my wall running has been fine, but it does feel slightly off somehow

If anyone does happen to try this method, I'd suggest screen shotting your settings page, for ease of putting them back the way they was beforehand

if you delete the save file - it only resets all the default settings and your gear loadout.... Nothing else is lost - all progress and stuff are saved on the DE servers. However I would take note of your settings before deleting the file so it is easier to put them back afterwards.

They are aware, whether or not they give a Hek is a different matter ;)

Don't want to be that guy but there is absolutely no way this bug would have gone unfixed for so long if this was a PC issue. Love this game but starting to feel like a second class citizen. I highly doubt anything will happen now to Update 17 and parkour 2.0, which is probably at least a couple of months away on console. All we can hope is that 2.0 actually fixes the problem and the issue doesn't translate across.

Wonder how many new players quit after 5 minutes because they got stuck in a hole or couldn't even climb onto a freaking box?

They are aware, whether or not they give a Hek is a different matter ;)

Don't want to be that guy but there is absolutely no way this bug would have gone unfixed for so long if this was a PC issue. Love this game but starting to feel like a second class citizen. I highly doubt anything will happen now to Update 17 and parkour 2.0, which is probably at least a couple of months away on console. All we can hope is that 2.0 actually fixes the problem and the issue doesn't translate across.

Wonder how many new players quit after 5 minutes because they got stuck in a hole or couldn't even climb onto a freaking box?

Then again what do I know lol?

Thanks for the fix :)

Just an update, after playing a few hours today this isn't 100% fixed. It's much better but it still sometimes does a wall fling instead of a grab and some surfaces are still a bit hit or miss as to whether you will actually run up them, the columns on one the Sechura maps for instance.

Edit:

After some more experimentation on Sechura I have these observations.

On the map that is basically a very large square set inside what I think is a frozen damn, you have the four raised walkways were all the action takes place. On 3 of these walkways you have series of square arches or metal obelisks, two vertical slabs with a third across the top.

Trying to climb these leads to mixed results, sometimes you can, sometimes you cannot. To get the best results you have to hit the wall a good way up. If you run and jump from a distance, as long as you hit the wall close to the apex of your jump you will latch and climb. If you hit the wall at less then optimal height, there's a good chance you will not grip at all. Same goes for a standing jump. If you walk up to the wall, stop, jump straight up and only the push forward close to the jumps apex, you should latch and climb. Push forward too early or too late and there's a good chance you will fail.

There was also two walls that were just unclimbable, no matter what. The two arches that would be either side of the pod, if the pod is in the central position by the 3 lockers. The vertical slabs on these two arches that are on the inside of the walkway, next to the drop into the centre pit just could not be climbed. But there is some invisible ghost geometry between these to arches and their closet neighbours that could.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers.

Edited by (PS4)obsidiancurse

To follow up as well since hotfix... The ledge grabbing has definitely improved, but the vertical wall running is still completely broken. You can't climb the light poles in Sechura and virtually any wall is unclimbable if you are too close to it.

Thank you for the partial fix, hopefully the rest will come soon.

To follow up as well since hotfix... The ledge grabbing has definitely improved, but the vertical wall running is still completely broken. You can't climb the light poles in Sechura and virtually any wall is unclimbable if you are too close to it.

Thank you for the partial fix, hopefully the rest will come soon.

This is what I am experiencing as well. Walls are most of the time unclimbable not only if you stand too close though. Wall climbing is just broken. Also - I don't know if it always was like this though - all movements seem to be a bit delayed. E.g. sometimes I fall off ledges because its really hard to be able to time a kick jump properly => sprinting => hitting crouch => delayed sliding => hitting jump => nothing happens and I fall off the ledge. 

• 3 weeks later...