The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finish Attacks Will Use Special Buttons To Activate Finish Move If Enemy Open To Finish

TopSpeed

Finish attacks will use special buttons to activate finish move if enemy  open to Finish

instead of Nerf Excalibur Redial Blind or bring back this functionality to the Augment, and for all frame that have a the ability to open finish move, DE can add us new Combo that can be strike with a new button for Lunch a finish move on blind neutralized stunned or you name it, and we can all be happy players that love to finish will use this Key and dose that will like to keep melee combat will ...

please agree with me and think how simple this will be 

I suggest default Key for Finish will be "V" and a focused you can change it for your convince 

Controllers Can use some Key Combination Like in Mortal combat using the X-ray required Tow bumpers to be hold.

please let me know what you think, but please don't ask for Nerf.

Topspeed Out.

Excal wave do like 5600 constant bleedingDmg ignore armor of blinded

Just the wave alone always crit when the enemies are blinded

You can use just the wave to kill a lot of enemies

And wave pierce arctic globe and nullifier field

If you dont want to use finisher just walk away and spam wave at them

Easy?

Edited by Volinus7

Easy?

But what if... what if i want to hit them with my sword? 

Shocking that i would be using Exalted Blade and actually wanting to hit people with the sword, right?

''Just use the wave'' is utter rubbish, the suggested change doesn't take anything away from the game, it doesn't add anything to the game, it is merely a QoL improvement giving us a choice of when we do a finisher. Unless you're a masochist and dislike QoL improvements I suggest you don't make up silly little 'solutions' which really just avoid the issue.

It's a trade off and i think it's intentional

With mirage's blind you can normal melee attack enemies and ignore their armor with bleeding, can kill lvl70 napalm in a single combo of atterax. Without blind bleeding damage is so small.

Yes, mirage blind fits your demand perfectly

Edited by Volinus7

It's a trade off and i think it's intentional

With mirage's blind you can normal melee attack enemies and ignore their armor with bleeding, can kill lvl70 napalm in a single combo of atterax. Without blind bleeding damage is so small.

Yes, mirage blind fits your demand perfectly

Genius, the best solution to Excals forced finishers is to not play as Excalibur.

Easy?

Yellow numbers are not always crits.

Stealth/Unalerted melee damage and Finisher damage is always Yellow (Or Red) but not always a crit.

You can use Berserker to verify if it procs as a crit.

Valkyr has had the issue of slow single target finishers for a while.

Excal got it with augment until they decided to make it innate.

Next for innate would be Banshee Silence, Mirage Prism Blind, and Oberon Reckoning Blind: For Prompted Melee Finishers

The option to choose whether to utilize a Single Target Finisher (Heavy Target) or utilize the Stealth/Unalerted/AoE Parry 400% melee modifier for trash mob room-clearing, should be up to the tenno.

-Changing Finishers to register as 'Contextual Use' prompt would allow Finishers to be activated by a different button without complicating limited controller button key binds.

(* To clarify not asking for binding to read: Reload/Contextual Use/Finisher....asking for it to read: Reload/Contextual Use

- The difference being that Finishers would not be their own keybind but instead would become 'Contextual Use'. Finisher prompts behave like 'Contextual Use' prompts but do not currently share the same key-bind and instead are activated by melee.)

I think it is reasonable to have the option to Blind/AoE Parry and utilize 400%melee modifier on some weaker grunts to save time and only activate the Finisher prompt on the heavy-target where 'Armor-Ignore' would be most beneficial.

What of it was just based on distance? Finishers only activate if you're touching the enemy when attacking.

It's already based on distance. Reducing the distance to touching will just make stealth kills nearly impossible to pull off, for two reasons: first, there's a smaller area in which stealth kills can be activated; second, touching an enemy alerts them, so you couldn't do a stealth kill anyway.

It's already based on distance. Reducing the distance to touching will just make stealth kills nearly impossible to pull off, for two reasons: first, there's a smaller area in which stealth kills can be activated; second, touching an enemy alerts them, so you couldn't do a stealth kill anyway.

I mean for only radial blind