(PSN)TheArrowOfGod

Question

11 answers to this question

come over to Linustechtips.com we will halp  u out :D

NZXT h440 is gr8 for water cooling dual rad 120 mill radiator or custom pipeing

if u want total silence switch the stock ones out for noctura fans

Edited by Jparkosh

NZXT are beautiful and ergonomic.

Personally I prefer simplicity and capacity - Corsair Obsidian Series. I currently have the 750D.

On a side note, I wouldn't consider water cooling anytime soon until you fully understand overclocking, and then find a time to utilize it. Even stock, closed-line water cooling systems are overkill for regular use on most machines.

NZXT are beautiful and ergonomic.

Personally I prefer simplicity and capacity - Corsair Obsidian Series. I currently have the 750D.

On a side note, I wouldn't consider water cooling anytime soon until you fully understand overclocking, and then find a time to utilize it. Even stock, closed-line water cooling systems are overkill for regular use on most machines.

i agree about watercooling the hyper 212 should be good for an air cooler

i agree about watercooling the hyper 212 should be good for an air cooler

Ahhh yes, I like Cooler Master. To expand on this, always replace stock cooling. Stock fans with the CPU are mediocre at best, and case fans are often standard sleeve - the noisiest kind.

NZXT makes good cases, yes.

note that it's incredibly important to be nitpicky about your Case. cable management holes and loops, support for Liquid Cooling systems(if applicable), the airflow plan that you want to have, expandability that the Case can support, flexibility that the Case can support..

the list is incredibly long. choosing a Case is one of the most difficult parts about building a Computer. there's a lot of important facets to it in terms of performance, cooling, and Et Cetera - but there's also the aesthetic factor, and nobody else can help you with the aesthetics part, it's just too subjective.

closed-line water cooling systems are overkill for regular use on most machines.

the main benefit is similar (or better) temperatures, while being almost completely silent.

Closed Circuit Liquid Coolers are fantastic for this reason. they definitely cost more, but you can have things at nice comfortable temperatures and also have a Computer that you can barely hear at all.

all you can hear from mine is the sound of air movement. otherwise it's completely silent.

having a Computer that isn't nice and quiet in this day and age, is just a waste of money. there's no performance loss for a Computer being silent, so you should do it.

"it doesn't bother me" is a classic answer, but you're lying to yourself. you'll appreciate it once you 'see' the difference. it's like an SSD, you can't appreciate just how fast it is until you actually use one.

And then you'll never go back to standard HDD because of it, muhahaha.

totally. you can never go back.

if my SSD exploded for no good reason one day, even if i was broke at the time, i'd sell some other stuff i'm not using and buy a new one before i used my Computer again.

I'm really looking hard at the H440. Its my first time build and I think it has the looks and the proper setup in case I want to switch things around or get seasoned enough for watercooling. Anyone have one? 

While, I don't own a H440, I use the NZXT Phantom 820, and the NZXT Phantom 240. As for your first time building a computer, I would definitely recommend the case because the instructions for NZXT cases are fairly easy. There is a few ways to properly set up, but it will depend. Don't do water cooling until you've built a few rigs, is it worth the money? I don't think so but it looks super cool.

come over to Linustechtips.com we will halp  u out :D

NZXT h440 is gr8 for water cooling dual rad 120 mill radiator or custom pipeing

if u want total silence switch the stock ones out for noctura fans

First off, let me translate.

Dear, new builder if you check out Linustechtips.com we will assist you in your quests of building a new computer.

In my experience the NZXT H440 is great for water cooling and can fit dual radiators at 120mm and also accommodate for custom loops (This is the water tubes).

If you truly want the total silence experience you can switch out your case stock fans for a brand that makes quiet fans and they are called Noctua. Or you could message me in private message.

I hope this helps...

MNm19.gif

As for Chloe's [my rebuttal] to this, while Linustechtips.com and forums has some very useful members it is not the end all be all for computer building, You should check out Tom's Hardware, Pcpartpicker.com, Overclockers.com just to name a few so you can ask your questions. A lot of people have good technical skill.

I highly suggest checking out http://pcpartpicker.com/ As this keeps everything organized and shows what is on sale also.

Edited by ChloeSakuna

Linustechtips.com 

Here you can get answer on anything that is electronic related :p

There are a lot of guys with tons of knowledge there.

I have the NZXT S340 (just cause i wanted a light weight and "not too much too it" case). It's great for what I paid. Cheap and good room for cable managment, and you have plenty of place for your hands when you work in it. 

So I would give thumbs up to NZXT's cases :p

I don't have any personal experience with these cases, but all reviews I've seen or heard about have been pretty positive.

From my own personal experience with my own rigs and a couple of friends, a couple of brands stand out.

When it comes to air cooling, Silverstone is pretty much tops. My present machine is built in a FT02 case and this one is hard to beat when moving air is your thing. This case can adapt to water cooling rather well, but it's forte is air and that's how I run it.

When it comes to water cooling, Corsair is definitely a top contender. I have a few friends with these cases and they are pretty slick, I have to say.