The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Infinite Duration For All Chroma's Abilities?

AlienOvermind

i vote for this because i trashed this frame when i tested him. why on earth would i frikken build up my armor/damage for 30 seconds just to leave it 30 seconds left of duration and not have any CC when i can just spam invisibility with other warframes or use exalted blade indefinitely with 2.5 energy/second? yea, i trashed instead.

however, ofc not free, if it can get a 1 minute vex armor for 75 energy or so then it should also be a 75/60 = 1.25, so about 1.5 energy.. since it would become a better ability i'd increase it to 2.5 energy per sec, seeing exalted blade has that and isn't much trouble.

p.s. is it even possible to get the chroma PARTS again to rebuild chroma?

"THis ability doesn't cheese the game as easy as other abilities! It's horrible!"

Ah, people. I also like how you compare Vex armour (Chroma's 3rd) to exalted Blade (Excalibur's ULTIMATE).

Chroma certainly needs some buff but Vex armor is the least of his concerns it can give him nearly x7 armor and over x3 damage to his weapons. THings like that need an actual downside and i'm certainly glad it does

Because your energy is not infinite. If DE make it work the same, as Peacemaker (i.e. no Energy Restores, no Energy Syphon, no Energy Vampire) you will have to turn it off once in a while. If banning Energy Restores, Energy Syphon and Energy Vampire wouldn't be enough, DE can also ban using blue orb, while abilities are toggled.

This is clearly a troll thread. Either that, or the stupidest set of ideas I've ever read.

You're forgetting Mesa and Mirage in your list of tanks.

Mesa has shatter shield, 95% DR to all bullets which is most every attack.

Mirage has glass cannon stats sure, but then you figure she has 95% DR to all attacks when she's in the shadow, so yeah.

So your Chroma would be able to:

breathe fire

deploy a flying minion to breathe fire and stun

burn enemies that come anywhere close and boost your health

boost your armor and weapon damage for the enemies that do live long enough to attack you

and on top of that, duration won't be around anymore so it's much easier to max out efficiency, strength, and range.

The energy banning idea doesn't really work either. It works for Peacemaker Mesa because Mesa can't toggle and move around at the same time.

With Chroma though? 

I'm already breathing fire and deploying my fire minion nonstop now in missions. Chroma is really viable with Rage for energy as well.

You're telling me that when I decide to also boost my health, armor, and weapon damage nonstop, I just have to toggle off and on whenever I want to pick up an energy orb or team energy restore?

I know it's nice to use a frame's entire kit in a mission. It does feel like the frame is well designed and complete whenever I do that.

But having Chroma's entire kit being super easy to max out and activated the whole time? That's just insanely unbalanced compared to pretty much all other frames.

The only real changes I'd like to see to vex and elemental ward are to fix the buggy ice ward that only reflects 100% of enemy damage rather than the stated 300%, and to make vex armor refreshable before the duration expires.  But making it refreshable might be considered OP... still, I'd love it.

It's spectral scream that needs the most work, and while some people swear by the turret power, I personally don't use it, saving my energy for the ward and armor.

Edited by Holeypaladin