Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Devstream 55 Feedback Megathread

Thalahssalyst

+1 OP

bye bye copter, i wont miss you, good riddance

cant wait for the new hotness : movement/parkour v2

as much sandbag'n that DE did earlier in the year, the 2nd half of 2015 may very well earn them the so-called 'year of quality' award, but they still got A LOT to catch-up/make-up for =P

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

All the anti copter fishfaces need to be against double jump. It has about as much logic. There is a vine video Steve put out. A double jump out of wall cling was about ten to twelve feet of total height. Our directional air melee currently gives us three to five times that.

Wall running completely being removed is not a good idea. I like to decide where and how I ninja. They're locking us in to one two or three gravity defying wall mounted spinneroonies .... Not an improvement.

Where I normally express my discontent with a change once and move on, I have a feeling this will be something I endlessly go on and on about.

If I can't be as ninja or more than current I don't want it

From what we've seen so far the latest iteration of Parkour 2.0 is nowhere near as fast as coptering. Coptering being gone will make the game unplayably slow for anybody who's long bored of the repetitive corridors the game takes place in.

Balanced for what, people who like to be slow?

And bugs-turned-features have been a staple of very good games like Tribes.

Let me resume everything you said:

The only way we can move around fast is by coptering. I dont care for those players who are not using a copter melee fall behind and struggle to keep up with me, they have to git guud.

The only thing I see in your words are: ME! ME! ME!

Movement 2.0 is not even out yet and you are bashing on it before we fully know what it will have.

So, sit down, grab a beer and some BBQ and CHILL.

Edited by Kao-Snake

I have mixed feelings about coptering.

On one hand I want it to stay because of the mobility it provides. Hopefully with Parkour 2.0 mobility will be improved to the point that I don't need to use coptering.

On the other I hate it because unless I bring a slow weapon I can hardly hit any enemies with it. ESPECIALLY with fast weapons.

I don't follow Steve on twitter but a couple of devstreams back he mentioned all melees having a fixed air attack. I took this to mean that we won't have to choose a melee for it's "coptering" ability any longer. I rarely "copter" anyways I just air melee or slide attack and seem to get places quite fast enough.

If you read all the steve twitts, you can see what he have say...
Coptering as mobility tool, is nothing on the new system.

"Coptering is for melee no superman flying" is all he said. And this is far away from "coptering is gone".

I read the tweets of the last three months ...

Edited by Feyangol

How about instead of making long, linear, boring levels they short them down and stop with the mindless running? If the level is open, wide and scenic, I dont mind running since there are alot of options for combat. But currently its run to the middle of a linear map, do objective, run the other half to ext....who thought this would be fun?

Edited by kilerskull

All the anti copter fishfaces need to be against double jump. It has about as much logic. There is a vine video Steve put out. A double jump out of wall cling was about ten to twelve feet of total height. Our directional air melee currently gives us three to five times that.

Wall running completely being removed is not a good idea. I like to decide where and how I ninja. They're locking us in to one two or three gravity defying wall mounted spinneroonies .... Not an improvement.

Where I normally express my discontent with a change once and move on, I have a feeling this will be something I endlessly go on and on about.

If I can't be as ninja or more than current I don't want it

I don't know about wall running, as I'll have to see the replacement. But the fact that melee's won't be better or worse based on their copter ability, and that newbies will better be able to keep up with vets, are enough positives besides "logic".

If you like or not ot seems there minds are made up on coptering wall slinging and what not

Wallslinging is becoming an official feature, if you did not notice. The walljumps shown in the dev streams are wallslingshots with a slightly different animation.

And tell me how they changed their minds at all? They say since the announcement of parkour 2.0 that coptering will be changed. And here we go "coptering is for melee not superman flying". This doesn't mean that coptering is gone, it means at the first place that "superman-like" coptering will be fixed. They don't even say how they'll do it ...

editing image

And if you read his twitts...

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zps6rgpi2q2.png

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zps1on1amw5.png

Probably I overlooked this tweets, because I'm not familar with twitter ...

Well, whatever. Than please explain to me how both of this tweets say "coptering is gone". 

New mobility, which isn't melee dependent?

Great more options.

Coptering for attacking not flying?

Just like his superman tweet.

Probably I overlooked this tweets, because I'm not familar with twitter ...

Well, whatever. Than please explain to me how both of this tweets say "coptering is gone". 

New mobility, which isn't melee dependent?

Great more options.

Coptering for attacking not flying?

Just like his superman tweet.

I cant open the eyes of those who see only what they want...

But hey, at least he say "not melee dependent" is that what we have now... so we dont have many thing to see on that words

Now you only need walls to perform that wall-to-wall hop.

Have you seen the Devstream? They showed wall-to-wall hop and wall-to-enemy and enemy-to-enemy hop! We will use our enemies as "walls", the humiliation we will dish out will be awesome.

I cant open the eyes of those who see only what they want...

But hey, at least he say "not melee dependent" is that what we have now... so we dont have many thing to see on that words

I see, what he has written and it doesn't say "coptering is gone". He says "coptering shouldn't be flying" ...