Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Furion - Melee/beast Warframe [4Th Ability Changed And New Artwork]

daemonstar

42 minutes ago, DragonKnightJin said:

*throws money at his screen*

DE, why isn't this in the game yet?

This needs to be a thing!

I sincerely hope Furion makes it into the game, because..

Hot damn.

YES you sir are a BRILLIANT

Going by the skills, he feels like a mixture of Equinox, Inaros, and a dash of Valkyr.

But, Furion has the whole 'infested beast' and 'This ceiling is now my floor' thing going for him, which makes him rather unique.

Some feedback on his skills:

1) Maybe have the toggle cost 5 energy at base, and give it a cooldown of a few seconds. Shouldn't be more then 3-4 seconds at the most. To prevent spamming the skill and wigging out the game.

2) Make the skill work like Rhino Charge, mechanically. It's a solid mechanic that allows for some movement, dealing some damage along the way.

3) Perhaps make the restorative effect from Savage Bite percentage based. Restoring 25 HP on a frame that is going to have several thousands at max rank.. It's not going to be any help. Nothing too major, just enough to make him tanky enough to remain alive in a normal fight. If he dives into a heap of Ancients or gets swarmed by Corrupted.. He's likely still gonna have to get his tail out of there if he wants to not die. Maximum of 5% max HP restored per Bite should do the trick. (This would be with tricked out Power Strength.)

4) This one seems fine as is. Only 1 stack of Evolution can be gained per Devoured enemy. And perhaps give it an internal cooldown of a second or 2 before a new stack can be gained. Of course, the animation to Devour an enemy shouldn't be too long. It's not gonna be any good if you spend 3-4 seconds locked in an animation, losing more then you gain from using it.

Passive) I think this one is okay. The regeneration isn't strong enough to be a gamebreaker in combat. As I said before, with a frame that will end up getting thousands of HP, even the 10HP/s regen isn't all that quick. I'm guessing it will max out at something like 15HP/s regeneration for staying still? 
Perhaps give him an animation that has him licking his wounds while he remains still to get back his HP before carrying on with the slaughter.

As for the Augments you envisioned.. Great job. Each one seems like a natural extension of his abilities, and I'm pretty sure most people will try to fit 2 of them in at any given time. Though I think the Evolving Carapace will be the one that is going to be a staple in any build a Tenno would dream up for him.

Hello i was surfing internet today and i found that: http://daemonstar.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Furion-Fan-Concepts-542176100
my 1st reaction was O.o WTF IS THAT!? then i realised this is fan art concept of warframe , i can't stop saying WOAH from that moment need to ask is there any shadow of chance he will be added to game? :D  so wish this Tenno/ warframe was real it would be my top favorite

Edited by Demlier

Cool idea, however be sure of the following:

-Post your own ideas as concepts or be sure that you're allowed by the creator to post this on his behalf.

-Post fan concepts in the appropriate section (link)

-Take a look at this guide as to how to propose a concept (link)

-Besides that I'd like to say: looks awesome and would love to see it back in the game one way or another

Needless to say this needs to be moved to fan concepts

4 minutes ago, HELIOS_JINOUGA009 said:

yup inaros from the word saying NO SHIELD, INCREASED ARMOR AND HEALTH, and SOMETHING BOUT EAT OTHER DUDE yup it is Inaros the Lord of the Sand, Master of the Desert, Defender of the Sand

Going to swim at the beach.... got some inaros in meh underwear...

A pity master Sand Blower isn't as badass looking... but at least it has the space doge helmet. 

A transforming warframe is still unexplored and would be cool.... (Chroma just sheds his skin/ uses cape of fire/ice/toxin/lightning blowyness)...

Well.... hydros transforms into a puddle... but that doesn't count.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)DjToxin69 said:

Very Cool Concept.. The No Sheilds thing is too closely related to Inaros.. perhaps a different spin on stats and this would be an even more interesting idea for a frame! But Well Done nonetheless.. Love the Frames look!

The original idea was submitted long before the notion of inaros. A second pure hp frame would not be a bad call... since 99% of all other frames use shields & HP... and as a uber tanky kinda frame... you can't go shields only. 

The mere look of Furion more than justifies the need for it to be a realised concept imo. We have big warframes... but not really bulky looking warframes... and Rhino's little T-rex hands just look weird... so he can't be bulky... just for that reason.

I must say, very well done sir! This was my reaction when I saw your amazing concept.

tumblr_nny9f2ijvg1ushpfao7_500.png

And my second reaction was "If this was a thing, I would only need one Warframe slot." I really want a bestial frame, and this one would be a perfect fit. Even though, as other people have said, he doesn't really have any team buffs or crowd control, I feel he would be really fun to play, so I wouldn't mind all that much. Especially since I like the no-shield type tank. I was worried about it at first, but Inaros cured that worry, and I would like another shieldless frame (nice job on coming up with an all-health-tank before DE by the way).

Another thing I thought of probably wouldn't happen, since it would require some decent sized changes to the way this game normally works, but it would be interesting anyway. What if, instead of an ability, his quadrupedal form would be his version of a crouch? And if you want to go even further, could that make his pounce ability his bullet jump or something like that? Like I said, weird and probably won't happen, but it would be interesting. Especially since it would free up an ability or two for CC or team-buffing, and allow you to go on all fours in places like relays and your ship just by crouching.

Overall, I'd have to say I love your concept, and I am more excited for this to be in-game than any official release.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Solano2580 said:

This seems more suited for a Kubrow tbh. Plus the fact that it requires extra mechanics and is based off another warframe that already exists is a little cheap.

Furion_zpszxoavbds.png

This is much, much, much older than Inaros. If anything, you have it backwards. Not to mention that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having multiple frames without shields, and many frames have required entirely new mechanics to be implemented for them to work. Ivara's persistent ziplines certainly weren't a possibility for any frame before she came along.

If every idea were shot down because it required new mechanics or had abilities slightly similar to another frame, more than half our frames wouldn't exist. Then people would complain about diversity after they were the ones who prevented it.

---

The abilities need to be reworked a bit. It'd probably be best if the 2, 3, and 4 are half cost when the 1 isn't active, but they should have altered or worse effects compared to when the 1 is active. Not being able to use normal weapons isn't too big of an issue as displayed by Valkyr, Wukong, Ivara, and Excalibur. It's even more apparent because Furion's 1 is what gives him an ability weapon, but it doesn't cost anything as opposed to all the other ability weapon frames.