Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Furion - Melee/beast Warframe [4Th Ability Changed And New Artwork]

daemonstar

The changes I would suggest open to criticism

"Predator" (passive) like a predator stalking his prey Furion gains "Predator’s Instinct" after remaining motionless for 2 seconds then Furion gains Camouflage, a new mechanic where he becomes harder to detect and  has his movement speed slowed to that of crouch walking, where attacking breaks this state (stealth kills return him to Camouflage upon completion). Visually Furion is blurred. Audio wise you would have the same audio clarity as being in non stealth.  After breaking Camouflage Furion gains “Predator’s Ferocity” and becomes frenzied gaining a 100% attack speed steroid (increased with power strength mods) that decays over 10 seconds. While in Camouflage Furion also possesses “Prey’s Scent” a small AoE (15m, increased with range mods) enemy sense that highlights enemy silhouettes (only visible to him) once marked they stay marked after leaving the AoE for 5 seconds once marked enemy resistances are reduced by 50% by damage inflicted by Furion.

“Pack Mentality”(augment) “Prey’s Scent” Friendly tenno benefit from Prey’s scent.

“Beastial” (passive) “Beastial” Furion is feral by nature, when he draws his melee weapon he transforms into a savage beast.

“Claws” (weapon) “Claws” BEAST FORM ONLY Replace his melee weapon in Beast Form, borrows the stats from melee weapons and mods with a 80%, 10%, 10% split of slash, puncture, impact. Has innate lifesteal of 1% / 2% / 4% / 5% max hp per auto attack. Melee counter also gives Furion movement speed when moving toward an enemy within 50 m upto 30% at 2.5x.

“Savage Bite” (Ability 1) “Savage Bite” BEAST FORM ONLY remain the same, but executes enemies below 10% hp.

“Iron Stomach” (augment) Savage bite disarms target

“Pounce” (Ability 2) remain the same (hold 2 to aim release to pounce)

“Savage Howl” (Ability 3) “Savage Howl” Furion unleashes a blood curdling howl that Fears enemies in an AoE (10m increased with range mods) Causing them flee for “3” seconds (increased with duration mods ). If cast mid pounce savage howl activates upon landing.

“Glutton” (augment) enemies affected by Savage Howl are instead taunted and focus Furion for the duration. Taunted enemies inflict 50% less damage to Furion and heal him for 5% damage done.

“Devour” (Ability 4) “Devour” BEAST FORM ONLY remain the same

“Evolving Carapace” (augment) remain the same

Edited by -CM-Sir

On ‎26‎-‎6‎-‎2015 at 5:23 AM, daemonstar said:

Here's very first topic post and my idea on a warframe. I've got a couple more but here is the first one. Anyhow, I'm inspired by chroma, being like a dragon and all. I wanted a more animalistic warframe that crawls around the wall or waiting to ambush the prey by hanging on ceilings. (Remember AVP game? like how the xenomorphs moves? I wanted something like that.) Abilities to climb walls and ceilings would be so cool. Let me know what you guys think? 

VySGm5t.jpg

Po67qvz.jpg

is2cVDD.jpg

WjNtd3z.jpg

Update 29/6/2015

- passive slightly changed

- savage bite now gains health

Update 6/8/2015

- 4th ability changed, ' Devour '

- New artworks on 4th ability

one sentence..........I LOVE IT!

It has been a long time since this was posted ,yet it's not yet in game and to be honest i think that DE simply dont gives a S#&$ about this-and maybe it's even better i would rather lke when this doesnt exist than let so  epic concept be ruined for something what DE wants like this was witch chroma ...dont even compare the fan concept to this booring self-buffer

P.S srry for bad english

Edited by Demlier

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2017 at 8:20 AM, Demlier said:

It has been a long time since this was posted ,yet it's not yet in game and to be honest i think that DE simply dont gives a S#&$ about this-and maybe it's even better i would rather lke when this doesnt exist than let so  epic concept be ruined for something what DE wants like this was witch chroma ...dont even compare the fan concept to this booring self-buffer

Or maybe they have more important things to work on.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept. However, there are more important things that need to be in the game than it. Rebalancing things, reworking things, updating mechanics, introducing new mechanics.... the list goes on, and until the more crucial elements of that list are completed, we aren't going to see much fan-work in the game.

Additionally, I must point out the same point that goes to everyone who ever made a Warframe concept. Making a concept, drawing the art, and all that.... it's easy. What's not easy is putting it in game, and especially for something as complex as Furion, it would be a monumental task and require major work. 

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

10 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Or maybe they have more important things to work on.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept. However, there are more important things that need to be in the game than it. Rebalancing things, reworking things, updating mechanics, introducing new mechanics.... the list goes on, and until the more crucial elements of that list are completed, we aren't going to see much fan-work in the game.

Additionally, I must point out the same point that goes to everyone who ever made a Warframe concept. Making a concept, drawing the art, and all that.... it's easy. What's not easy is putting it in game, and especially for something as complex as Furion, it would be a monumental task and require major work. 

also, who knows how long it takes to make a new warframe, and getting that wall walking ability could take a lot of work, would probably cause a ton of bugs and glitches too so they would have to take their time.

On 6/25/2015 at 10:23 PM, daemonstar said:

Here's very first topic post and my idea on a warframe. I've got a couple more but here is the first one. Anyhow, I'm inspired by chroma, being like a dragon and all. I wanted a more animalistic warframe that crawls around the wall or waiting to ambush the prey by hanging on ceilings. (Remember AVP game? like how the xenomorphs moves? I wanted something like that.) Abilities to climb walls and ceilings would be so cool. Let me know what you guys think? 

VySGm5t.jpg

Po67qvz.jpg

is2cVDD.jpg

WjNtd3z.jpg

Update 29/6/2015

- passive slightly changed

- savage bite now gains health

Update 6/8/2015

- 4th ability changed, ' Devour '

- New artworks on 4th ability

DE must make this happen!

• 2 weeks later...

I think having a frame focused on single targets would be a ton of fun rather than pressing a button and killing everything in front of you, can honestly say it can be a bit boring after several years of playing but I think I can play with this warframe until the game itself ends.

• 1 month later...

Now, I love the idea of a beast frame and this is a pretty solid concept for one, however I still feel it needs work. Furion's normal mode could have its own separate set of abilities, somewhat like Equinox whenever she shifts from day to night form because as of right now, the normal form has essentially one ability not counting the transition between normal and beast mode. The other thing is that Limbo's recent rework gave me an idea: rather than having an ability slot taken up by the transition ability, why not have it so he goes back and forth between beast mode using shift? Like Limbo now being able to go into the rift. 

Apologies if this was kinda long, I really just love the idea of this frame

Im not sure if they bother implementing mechanic that allows you to run on walls and cells. Their last releases base on already existing mechanics, this would be big jump for them. 

Numbers are bad to be honest. REALLY bad.

10% movement speed? Where is fun? Barely noticeable, should be way higher.

Damage on his abilities basically dont exist. Healing on bite is joke, why should someone use this skill in beast mode when he can just recover full hp with life strike (I assume it works like hysteria and exalted blade - inherit mods from melee wep) using 7 energy? It wouldnt be worth to drop life strike for it. Maybe after bite it should constantly regen your hp so you dont have to bite enemy 50 times. 

His 2 and 3 should do something more, something cooler and AoE. Like roar, stomp launching shockwave. Let him even shoot lazor from mouth like godzilla. Short ranged single target abilities are not fun when face hordes of enemies. 

His 4th ability can conflict with other frames or weapons, nekros and fire dmg will destroy corpses. 

Also his bite should change to something else in normal form. Ability that switch effect depending on form would be better than just locking it. 

Edited by Nimitsu