Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Furion - Melee/beast Warframe [4Th Ability Changed And New Artwork]

daemonstar

Here's very first topic post and my idea on a warframe. I've got a couple more but here is the first one. Anyhow, I'm inspired by chroma, being like a dragon and all. I wanted a more animalistic warframe that crawls around the wall or waiting to ambush the prey by hanging on ceilings. (Remember AVP game? like how the xenomorphs moves? I wanted something like that.) Abilities to climb walls and ceilings would be so cool. Let me know what you guys think? 

VySGm5t.jpg

Po67qvz.jpg

is2cVDD.jpg

WjNtd3z.jpg

Update 29/6/2015

- passive slightly changed

- savage bite now gains health

Update 6/8/2015

- 4th ability changed, ' Devour '

- New artworks on 4th ability

OMG this^ but if ever DE does this concept I hope they stay true to the concept or at least similar design. We all know how they did not base the design of chroma on Endrian's dragon frame lol.

Don't know why, but i so want this frame to interact with kubrows.

Maybe give him a hidden bonus like some other frames.

pack leader:

If Furion enters a mission, with only a melee weapon equipped, he gains 5% armor or health or damage per kubrow in said mission.

Yes? No? Maybe? Bananas?

Edited by Gemenai

Don't know why, but i so want this frame to interact with kubrows.

Maybe give him a hidden bonus like some other frames.

pack leader:

If Furion enters a mission, with only a melee weapon equipped, he gains 5% armor or health or damage per kubrow in said mission.

Yes? No? Maybe? Bananas?

haha. nice idea but it's not a kubrow frame. sorry. if there's something to interact with it will be infested chargers. maybe your kubrow will slowly look like an infested charger as you progress through the mission and it gains some armor bonus.

haha. nice idea but it's not a kubrow frame. sorry. if there's something to interact with it will be infested chargers. maybe your kubrow will slowly look like an infested charger as you progress through the mission and it gains some armor bonus.

Maybe we could eat our kubrow....

also that feeling  you would have playing in pvp mode when you eat fellow tenno...

Everything is so well detailed and beautiful, I love it!

Probably every chroma main will want this warframe. Very cool ideas and pretty well fitting with the new parkour system, as you're harder to hit while aim gliding and (I think) wall running. Imagine the claws melee on this beast!

IMO it would be pretty funny to be this warframe and have your kubrow with you so that ain't a problem.

Also, you said (or atleast from what I've seen) that he will be gained from infested like oberon from eximus?

Seems like a good idea with that to me, although maybe make his bp drop chance higher in invasions or on eximus/juggernaut/ancient kills?

Also, with golem announced, maybe he can be gotten from that boss?

Or maybe from the sentients quests coming? (Tombs of the sentient or Echoes of the sentient). Like Chroma was gotten from Stolen Dreams -> The New Strange?

OR maybe it's own quest like Limbo, Mesa and Mirage?

Anywho, lovely idea overall and would definitely like to see you make more wonderful concepts.

Thanks you guys. I'm quite happy with the changes compared to his first skill set. I think I won't change much for now as I will be working on the next warframe idea of mine. I will still update if I got more ideas related to Furion. Cheers =D

Thanks you guys. I'm quite happy with the changes compared to his first skill set. I think I won't change much for now as I will be working on the next warframe idea of mine. I will still update if I got more ideas related to Furion. Cheers =D

I must say I very interested what you will design next :3, since Furion frame is based on one of enemy factions(infested)  any chance of frame related to other factions(grineer or corpus) next, or do you want to design something completly unique next ?

Also any chance of you creating in the future art of how prime version of Furion would look ? :D

Edited by Culaio

I must say I very interested what you will design next :3, since Furion frame is based on one of enemy factions(infested)  any chance of frame related to other factions(grineer or corpus) next, or do you want to design something completly unique next ?

Also any chance of you creating in the future art of how prime version of Furion would look ? :D

haha. thanks. it will be somewhat more humanoid compared to this. When I got the time maybe I will design a furion prime but not for now I guess, got alot on my plate right now.

Here's very first topic post and my idea on a warframe. I've got a couple more but here is the first one. Anyhow, I'm inspired by chroma, being like a dragon and all. I wanted a more animalistic warframe that crawls around the wall or waiting to ambush the prey by hanging on ceilings. (Remember AVP game? like how the xenomorphs moves? I wanted something like that.) Abilities to climb walls and ceilings would be so cool. Let me know what you guys think?

VySGm5t.jpg

Po67qvz.jpg

is2cVDD.jpg

WjNtd3z.jpg

Update 29/6/2015

- passive slightly changed

- savage bite now gains health

Update 6/8/2015

- 4th ability changed, ' Devour '

- New artworks on 4th ability

Good design and ideas but pretty much useless

I really like it, but you really need to clarify the energy cost of his 2-4, also if his 4 is a draining ultimate.

And last but not least, why his is 4's augment take 5 minutes to take effect? It's literally one survival rotation, and feels like a waste of a mod slot because of the time it takes for it to take effect and the amount of armor you're getting. And with nullifiers in the mix, you will rarely get the effect since you'll have to constantly cast your 4 when it goes off, and you will have to rely on your teammates to take the bubble down since you have to deactivate your form (by pressing 1) to even go in gun mode.

Edited by HeroPwn

Ok sorry for double posting, but after reading this, here are the problem with this frame honestly.

Basing on stats only, this frame is meant to be in front line and draw agro to himself, but his moves totally contradict this.

Let's go over some problem here:

#1. The passive: this passive forces him to go out of the front line, something he's not meant too, Also it forces him to stay in one position for faster regen, something that going to get you a grenade thrown at your face in WF. Also, it's just another regen aura.

#2. His #1 ability forces him into a mode that he can't use guns (This is one major reason I prefer my melee chroma vex armor chroma over valkyr ultimate, because I can still gun and run while being in enemies face).

#3. If you plan to use your guns with this frame and use your abilities, WELP, NOPE, only his #2 ability is usable without beast mode, which gets me to #4.

#4. Both his #3 and #4 ability require his #1 to be activated to even be useful. This leaves my frame in a very limited range of attack possible and at the same time like I said in my previous comment, makes him have no way to fight nullifiers from far.

#5. His 4 really sound like they'll slow down the player since it seems like he/she has to feed on the enemy corpse, which will open him to attack and slow him/her down. Also the number of devour required to get to the max is a little bit too high. Same goes for his 3, tho that's understandable there, I would just recommend to make the damage to be finisher damage and increase the damage dealt (250 is really low for a 3rd ability).

#6. His augments are useless. Infested skin is useless because it's only useful in infested maps, nor do I see the need to not be attacked by them when you can pretty much tank their attacks. Bite mark is useless because with the new exilus slots, you can just add a Enemy radar. It sounds more useful for a PvP match then a PvE mission. Evolving carapace is a waste of a slot since like I said before, the amount of time it takes to activate it is beyond too long and the armor you get from it is way too low, it's an augment only useful for endless missions.

#7 His MR requirement is way too high, it's MR10. It's fine for it to be 0, judging the only frame with a MR requirement is rhino (MR2).

For this frame to even be good, he has to keep his beast form on, which makes it useless to even equip a primary/secondary. He also needs to have it on to use 2/4 of his abilities. The hanging from the ceiling sounds useless as I have to be close to an enemy to even do something to them.

It's a great idea, but imo it's just a useless frame that I'll rank up for Mastery Point.

• Like 1

Ok sorry for double posting, but after reading this, here are the problem with this frame honestly.

Basing on stats only, this frame is meant to be in front line and draw agro to himself, but his moves totally contradict this.

Let's go over some problem here:

#1. The passive: this passive forces him to go out of the front line, something he's not meant too, Also it forces him to stay in one position for faster regen, something that going to get you a grenade thrown at your face in WF. Also, it's just another regen aura.

#2. His #1 ability forces him into a mode that he can't use guns (This is one major reason I prefer my melee chroma vex armor chroma over valkyr ultimate, because I can still gun and run while being in enemies face).

#3. If you plan to use your guns with this frame and use your abilities, WELP, NOPE, only his #2 ability is usable without beast mode, which gets me to #4.

#4. Both his #3 and #4 ability require his #1 to be activated to even be useful. This leaves my frame in a very limited range of attack possible and at the same time like I said in my previous comment, makes him have no way to fight nullifiers from far.

#5. His 4 really sound like they'll slow down the player since it seems like he/she has to feed on the enemy corpse, which will open him to attack and slow him/her down. Also the number of devour required to get to the max is a little bit too high. Same goes for his 3, tho that's understandable there, I would just recommend to make the damage to be finisher damage and increase the damage dealt (250 is really low for a 3rd ability).

#6. His augments are useless. Infested skin is useless because it's only useful in infested maps, nor do I see the need to not be attacked by them when you can pretty much tank their attacks. Bite mark is useless because with the new exilus slots, you can just add a Enemy radar. It sounds more useful for a PvP match then a PvE mission. Evolving carapace is a waste of a slot since like I said before, the amount of time it takes to activate it is beyond too long and the armor you get from it is way too low, it's an augment only useful for endless missions.

#7 His MR requirement is way too high, it's MR10. It's fine for it to be 0, judging the only frame with a MR requirement is rhino (MR2).

For this frame to even be good, he has to keep his beast form on, which makes it useless to even equip a primary/secondary. He also needs to have it on to use 2/4 of his abilities. The hanging from the ceiling sounds useless as I have to be close to an enemy to even do something to them.

It's a great idea, but imo it's just a useless frame that I'll rank up for Mastery Point.

hi. thanks for taking your time to write such a long essay for this frame idea. 
okay. I don't think this frame will have much problem on having not enough energy, possibly energy draining skills will be 2 and 3. As for 4's augment is for missions like survival or missions that will take longer to finish it, it really depends on you, if you're rushing through a mission just unequip it. or maybe after you equip the augment you will get first bonus instead of it 5 mins later

I think you've got a good point about the nullifiers. Thanks for pointing it out, I think 1 can have a resistance to the nullifiers effect or something but the temporary shield of 4 would still be gone.

1. I design him not as a front line warframe, just a hard to kill stealthy frame. 

2. yeah, I'm stuck there too. I got some ideas like the guns will be sticking on his back like a turret or something but don't think its gonna work. If you got any suggestions that'd be great

3. Maybe he can still cast 4 while he's in tenno form? would that be better? Maybe he can have different abilities in tenno form.

4. Fully melee frame I guess, you need to go back to tenno form and use your guns for long range targets

5. Yeah, if you wanna max it you'll need to feed alot of corpses. Actually I feel if it's too low then it would be too powerful, if you think its too high then it could be lower I guess. So you mean 3 will deal finisher damage instead? again, scared if it's too high for a spammable skill.

6. You do have a point, how about infested skin will confused infested attackers to your side for few seconds and other attackers will get toxin damage instead. Yeah, exilus slot changes everything. 

7. Just wanted something different dude. Just grind some MR to get it. A sense of accomplishment. If you want it to be lower, then either MR7 or 8.
You just gave me a idea, what if 4 is a long range skill, he shoots our his mouth and feeds on a distance, and if you only bring your melee weapon, you get more bonus like how mesa gain some bonus.

Again, thanks for such a long comment, it was fun reading it. Yeah, it pretty much is a useless frame after reading that.