Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Looting Bug (Ammo Clicking)

LeopoldObelix

Thanks for the reports.  We are still trying to find the root of this problem.

Its due to carrier trying to pick up ammo when you have full ammo. So a proper fix would be removing vacuum function if ammo is full. To avoid it all I do is aerial attack sky high and the ammo falls back on the ground.

I've had this issue for quite some time. I run over ammo drops even when I'm completely out of ammo, and I mean 0 on both my primary and secondary weapons, still can't pick them up and they keep clicking endlessly. I actually have to take ammo restores along just because of that. The issue may be due to carriers for other players, but I have never used one. Problem seems to occur more often when a GPMag or Nekros are present.

I had this happen with Energy balls, I was using carrier at the time.. but the energy ball kept teleporting to me, and I knew it wasn't carrier cause the other drops next to me weren't zooming to my location. And it was 'only' energy that would make the sound.

Thanks for the reports.  We are still trying to find the root of this problem.

What i have experienced was sound never stop playing because couldnt pick up the loot, like orbs or ammo (lag free game). Im not sure if carrier is bugging it, because it vaccum and gets stuck, once carrier dies bug persists, never noticed without the sentinel this issue happening.

Idk whats causing not picking up ammo, but as for the energy it happens frequently when a trinity EV restores our max energy at same time carrier vaccum an energy orb, wont pick up orb cause we full, using an ability to spend energy fixes it though.

vGJbmH7.jpg?1

I have the exact same problem. Even after the hot fix came out for the carrier, a week or so ago. I'll still get infinite ammo/energy pick up, even though my ammo and energy are fully stocked out. I still even have the issue where the carrier will grab everything but won't actually suck it in properly, leaving me to run around like mad trying to get the carrier off screen just so I can see where I'm shooting. I had to quit a few games because anything I'd try to do in order to fix carrier to pick up things like it should just did not work and made it pointless to continue the mission (mostly if I was going for resources). 

• 2 weeks later...

This bug is back again.

When using Ammo Mutation Mods, at least as the host, all clients won't be able to pick ammo that have been mutated. This happened two times now, and both times it was tested thoroughly to see that the mutation was the cause. Additionally, Carrier will flip out as it tries to suck in the mutated ammo, but you won't be able to pick it up, causing an endless vacuum with annoying tick sounds (the sound when you walk over ammo and pick it up).

Details:

- Pistol Ammo Mutation was used in both scenarios

- Clients joined in mid-mission

Edited by Casardis

The carrier sentinal has a huge downside, a bug, where all loot will just follow you around with you being unable to pick it up. After listening to the *click click click click* sound of the carrier trying to pick ~30 packs of sniper ammo up while your ammo is down to 0/0 is game breaking. Do i really have to waste 200-300 more ammo restore pads before you get to fix this bug?

Not only do you need to use energy and ammo restores, your field of view is decreased by that ball of useless loot flying around.

For those who says that roling, groundslaming, edgejumping, dying etc fixes this bug, then i can say no it doesn't atleast for me. The only two things that fixes the bug is restarting the mission or having your carrier to get killed.

I do not know how to post pictures/screenshots on the forum but i have plenty of them that shows that this needs a fix.

Yea, DE is aware of this problem and already tried to fix it with 16.6.1 (but it seems like the problem still occurs..don't worry, they are still looking into it^^) 

If you want to get more information about this bug (or..well..see more people that have this bug too)you can check out

this "almost-mega"-thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/465339-carrier-bug/

(I still can't believe that I only had this bug once or twice...I guess I am lucky? idk^^)

Edited by Fabpsi

Yea, DE is aware of this problem and already tried to fix it with 16.6.1 (but it seems like the problem still occurs..don't worry, they are still looking into it^^) 

If you want to get more information about this bug (or..well..see more people that have this bug too)you can check out

this "almost-mega"-thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/465339-carrier-bug/

(I still can't believe that I only had this bug once or twice...I guess I am lucky? idk^^)

i get the bug in every 1 out of 4 games if i'm lucky.

for me it is game breaking, and i have actually started using helios instead because it doesn't ruin my missions atleast.

A similar bug happens in Archwing missions where you have large globes and other drops floating in your face that you cant get away from. xD

I have had the Carrier bug happen so many times now that i just turn the sound off when it happens. Sometimes if you fire your primary and secondary and reload it fixes it. Also love the one where Carrier's vacuum just stops sucking. I mean come on, what good is a suckless vacuum???

I'd like to emphasize how important this bug is... it does seem to happen less frequently now, such that I now at least consider carrier worth using sometimes. When it happens, often, picking up energy and ammo becomes impossible, and thus mission success becomes impossible.

It is a hard, forced mission fail kind of bug, cheating players out of alerts and the like. It is a really big deal when it happens.